a "Joan" engine

BatMed

Girl, where do you think you're going?

New W.I.P Effects [Yay/Nay]:

Joan d'Ark, Orlean Archlord's Saint
1 “Joan” monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster in your hand or field; until the End Phase, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Destroy that monster, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Joan d'Ark, Orlean Archlord's Saint" once per turn.

Dark Joan, the Fallen Maiden
1 “Joan” monster + 1 DARK monster
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster in your hand or field, then target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate its effects, also it loses 800 ATK, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, banish it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Dark Joan, the Fallen Maiden" once per turn.

[spoiler=The Fusions - Current (old) Effects]
joan_d_ark__orlean_archlord_s_saint_by_b

Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster your hand or field; this turn, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If the Tributed monster was a Fairy-Type monster, if this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)

dark_joan__the_fallen_maiden_by_batmed-d

During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster your hand or field, target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field, negate that target's effects, also it loses 800 ATK. If the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster; banish that target instead. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)

[spoiler=The Fusion Spell]
ascent_of_the_martyrs_by_batmed-d910cy7.

Fusion Summon 1 "Joan" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can also use a monster from your Extra Deck as Fusion Material. You can only activate 1 "Ascent of the Martyrs" per turn.

[spoiler=a better Fusion fodder]
orlean_knight_joan_by_batmed-d8c1beu.png

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks a DARK or Fiend-Type monster: You can banish that monster. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You take no battle damage for the rest of this turn.

I made an archetype about "St. Joan" a year ago, it was ok, but comparing to today's meta, it's a trash now. I decide to remake them from scratch, starting with a simple Fusion variant/engine. So let's talk about it:
- Ascent of the Martyrs: Our Shaddoll Fusion, yeah it might not be searchable (for now) but it's an easy way to get your Fusions, since you can send "St. Joan" from your extra deck as a material.
- Joan d'Ark, Orlean Archlord's Saint: Susanowo and Armades combined. I didn't want to make something crazy cause usually any Light-based variant/engine end up being banned/abused (e.g. Construct).
- Dark Joan, the Fallen Maiden:  I'm still not really sure about this one. It's a quickie that perturbs your opponent's plays. I think it might be better than the its LIGHT counterpart.
- Orlean Knight Joan: a better Main Deck fodder for the Fusions, cause "Noble Knight Joan" is meh. This card might be a good add to "Satellarknights" and "HEROes".

Any thoughts/CnC will be much appreciated!

Yeah, the DARK one has a much better effect that threats with overshadowing any variant that focuses on LIGHT fodder, since I would say both LIGHTs and DARKs have a comparable amount of targets that generate advantage when used as Fusion material: while LIGHTs have Trick Clown, Fairy Tail - Snow, and even Nikitama in Spirit variants, DARKs have Zephyros and splashable Shaddolls such as Beast and Dragon.

A couple of things to point out:

The Fusion Spell

- Not sure if it was intended, but you can use a Joan Fusion as material from the Extra Deck with its alternate effect, which in turn will float and Summon St. Joan, setting up for a Rank7. Then, if that Rank7 can use its effect right away, you can detach the Joan Fusion to trigger its effect and Summon another St. Joan.

- Amusing targets you can send from the Extra Deck to the grave are Herald of Arc Light to grab a Ritual card, Elder Entity N'tss for a card pop, Predaplant Rafflesia to grab a Fusion Spell, and a Shaddoll to recover a Shaddoll Fusion Spell.

Orlean Knight

Yeah, it looks like a solid tech in Tellarknights, as it won't negate the effect of a revived Tellarknight. HEROes... could play it too but not sure if it's practical enough for them since it depends on being Normal Summoned. It can work as a 1-of, I guess.

This is a nitpick but it bothers me is how Dark Joan either negates, or banishes, but doesn't get to apply both. It would be nice if it negated regardless, and then banished if the Tributed monster was Level7+. That way it can successfully bypass any built-in protection effects that otherwise would prevent the affected monster from being banished, in which case you would instead prefer to negate its effect, but since it's not optional, you don't get to choose.

During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster in your hand or field, then target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate its effects, also it loses 800 ATK, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, banish it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)

Yeah, the DARK one has a much better effect that threats with overshadowing any variant that focuses on LIGHT fodder, since I would say both LIGHTs and DARKs have a comparable amount of targets that generate advantage when used as Fusion material: while LIGHTs have Trick Clown, Fairy Tail - Snow, and even Nikitama in Spirit variants, DARKs have Zephyros and splashable Shaddolls such as Beast and Dragon.

A couple of things to point out:

The Fusion Spell

- Not sure if it was intended, but you can use a Joan Fusion as material from the Extra Deck with its alternate effect, which in turn will float and Summon St. Joan, setting up for a Rank7. Then, if that Rank7 can use its effect right away, you can detach the Joan Fusion to trigger its effect and Summon another St. Joan.

- Amusing targets you can send from the Extra Deck to the grave are Herald of Arc Light to grab a Ritual card, Elder Entity N'tss for a card pop, Predaplant Rafflesia to grab a Fusion Spell, and a Shaddoll to recover a Shaddoll Fusion Spell.

Orlean Knight

Yeah, it looks like a solid tech in Tellarknights, as it won't negate the effect of a revived Tellarknight. HEROes... could play it too but not sure if it's practical enough for them since it depends on being Normal Summoned. It can work as a 1-of, I guess.

This is a nitpick but it bothers me is how Dark Joan either negates, or banishes, but doesn't get to apply both. It would be nice if it negated regardless, and then banished if the Tributed monster was Level7+. That way it can successfully bypass any built-in protection effects that otherwise would prevent the affected monster from being banished, in which case you would instead prefer to negate its effect, but since it's not optional, you don't get to choose.

During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster in your hand or field, then target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate its effects, also it loses 800 ATK, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, banish it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)

Joan d'Ark, Orlean Archlord's Saint

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster in your hand or field; until the End Phase, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Destroy that monster, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Joan d'Ark, Orlean Archlord's Saint" once per turn.

Dark Joan, the Fallen Maiden

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster in your hand or field, then target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate its effects, also it loses 800 ATK, then, if the Tributed monster was a Level 7 or higher monster, banish it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "St. Joan" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Dark Joan, the Fallen Maiden" once per turn.

Dark Joan is fixed as suggested, and I add an OPT clause to the float effect to stop the Rank 7 shenanigans. Also, I changed Joan Saint effect to a Tyranno Construct hybrid.

Thoughts?

Archived