Performages Retrained

Bringerofcake

We haven't had a single Performage since Konami made Plushfire. I guess they got scared of how broken Ice Cream actually was. I actually ended up rewatching Arc V, specifically when Dennis shows up, and I feel like we deserve some adapted support, to make it kosher with how the TCG handles certain things.

Performage Wing Sandwichman

EARTH

Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect

Scale 1
5/1800/2100

Pendulum Effect: If this card is activated: You can target 1 "Performage" Pendulum monster you control; this card's scale is equal to that monster's until the End Phase.

Monster Effect: Once per turn, if you control 2 "Performage" monsters; you can make the Level of all monsters you control 5 until the End Phase, then take 500 damage.

Konami's shied away from Senet, so the second effect of Wing makes no sense in the context of the current game. Instead, it's been replaced by making it just be 2 mages, so that it's a bit more flexible in execution. the 500 burn is because this archetype is SUPPOSED to be about playing with burn damage.

Performage Wind Sucker

WIND

Scale 4

5/2100/0

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 "Performage" monster you control: Decrease its Level by 1 until the end of the turn.

Monster Effect:

If your opponent controls a monster and you don't, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Performage" monster you control: decrease its Level by 1, and if you do, take 100 damage. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard or face-up to your Extra Deck: Send 1 monster on the field to the Graveyard, and if you do, both players take 1000 damage. You can only use this effect of "Performage Wind Sucker" once per turn.

Not much to change aside from lolburn. Gave it a buff to differentiate it more from Wingman, and give the deck some nice outing power.

Performage Cup Tricker

LIGHT

Scale 1

5/1200/1400

Pendulum Effect: You can target 1 "Performage" Xyz monster you control; attach this card to that target as Xyz Material. You can only use this effect of "Performage Cup Tricker" once per turn.

Monster Effect:

If you control an Xyz Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). If an Xyz Monster has this card as Xyz Material, it gains the following effects:

If this card was not Summoned this turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; add 1 "Performage" monster and 1 "Fusion" or "Polymerization" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, but you can only Special Summon "Performage" monsters for the rest of the turn.

Since I'll be buffing Shadow Maker later down the line, Cup Tricker needs basically a rewrite. Xyz Material shuffling doesn't mean anything right now (or basically at all) so instead I've made it an way to boost consistency on longer-than-2-turn duels.

Performage Fire Dancer

FIRE

Scale 6

4/1400/1200

Pendulum Effect:

If a card or effect activates that would inflict damage to you, you can: make that damage to you becomes 0, then after that card or effect resolves, your opponent immediately takes damage equal to the amount of damage you would have taken. You can only use this effect once while this card is face-up on the field.

Monster Effect:

Once per turn, if a card or effect activates that would inflict damage to you, you can: make that damage to you becomes 0, then 1 monster on the field loses ATK equal to the damage you would have taken.

Holy crap anime fire Dancer was so B O R I N G. Now its effect fits the "do damage" theme but also actually gives the thing some flavor, dancing with fire and all that. it also provides an avenue to deal with bigger threats like Chaos Max and other Towers-esques.

Performage Water Dancer

WATER

Scale 2

4/1200/1400

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; change that target's battle position, then send 1 "Performage" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Performage Water Dancer" once per turn.

Monster Effect: Once per turn: If a "Performage" monster battles a monster with higher ATK: You can change both monsters to Defense Position, then take 500 damage.

Water Dancer is equally as boring as Fire Dancer, so a tune-up was needed. the mill obviously helps trick clown, but also gives Stiltshooter new life as 2k damage out of nowhere.

Performage Ball Rider

EARTH

Scale 3

4/1000/1800

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, if you have another "Performage" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can add 1 face-up "Performage" monster from your Extra Deck to your hand, then you take damage equal to that monster's Level x 100.

Monster Effect: When your opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand/Graveyard, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and proceed to damage calculation. This card cannot be destroyed by that battle. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled a monster(s): Take damage equal to the total ATK of the monster(s) that battled this card.

boringboringboring

I decided to give this card a lot more risk/reward kind of thing with regard to its second effect. It can be set up by water dancer if desperately needed, but also isn't dead if you're in a losing position. best case you have it and a flame eater and can make an xyz out of it. Also synergy with Flame Dancer is there.

Performage Bubble Gardna

WATER

Scale 2

4/800 ATK/2000 DEF

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, if you control a "Performage" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, the next time you would take damage, that damage becomes 0.

Monster Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Performage" card; once during this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

It's a Stardust Spark that's been retooled a little bit, once again to embrace the flavor of dodging damage.

Performage Overlay Juggler

EARTH

Scale 6

3/1200/600

Pendulum Effect: If you control an Xyz Monster: you can target 1 other monster on the field: attach it to an Xyz Monster you control as Xyz Material. You can only activate this effect of "Performage Overlay Juggler" once per turn.

Monster Effect: If this card is Special Summoned while you control an Xyz Monster: Target 1 Xyz Monster you control and 1 "Performage" monster in your Graveyard; attach the second target to the first target as Xyz Material. You can only activate this effect of "Performage Overlay Juggler" once per turn.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I went overboard with this one. Not many things make monsters into Xyz Mats (I think the Silent Honors are the ones that do it at all) but I don't think it's too much since it targets and all.

Performage Bonus Dealer

EARTH

Scale 3

2/1000/100

Pendulum Effect: If you Pendulum Summon 3 or more "Performage" or "Performapal" monsters: Draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "Performage Bonus Dealer" once per Duel.

Monster Effect: You can target 1 "Peformage" monster you control; Send 1 monster you control to the Graveyard, except that target, and that target gains 1000 ATK until the end of the turn and you take 1000 damage. You can only use this effect of "Performage Bonus Dealer" once per turn.

PEPE RIDES AGAIN

Making it mandatory means that you have to choose when to get free cards, and the 1000 ATK boost is mostly because I couldn't think of a radical re-writing of an in-theme effect.

Performage String Figure

DARK
Spellcaster/Effect

1/0/0

If this card is in your hand, and your opponent declares an attack, or if an effect would activate that would deal damage to you: Make any damage from that attack or effect 0, then Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. During your Main Phase: you can Fusion Summon 1 Spellcaster-type Fusion monster, using a monster(s) in your hand and on the field as Fusion Material. You can only use each effect of "Performage String Figure" once per turn.

I spread out the effects and expanded upon them to not have it be too similar to Ball Rider. Also making it generic allows for some funny possible moves, and potential hybrid builds to boot (Shaddoll anyone?)

Honestly I don't really care enough and can't think of a particularly fitting or useful effect for Magic Tactician, so nah.

Performance Magic Hurricane

Normal Spell

If both cards in your Pendulum Zones are "Performage" cards: Return all Spell/Trap cards on the field to the hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Performage" monsters, during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Performance Magic Hurricane" per turn.

In-theme Giant Trunade, fine. No restrictions, not fine. Now there are restrictions, so that there aren't TOO many absolute nonsense plays that can come out of this, and so that PePe doesn't get THAT much new life, locked it into Mage only.

Performage Shadow Maker

DARK
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect

R5/2600/1000

3 Level 5 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 "Performage" card on the field; it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn, then you take damage equal to its ATK if it is in a Monster Zone or a Pendulum Zone. You can detach as many Xyz Material from this card as possible, (min 2); Special Summon up to 2 face-down "Performage" monsters from your Extra Deck, but their effects are negated and their ATK and DEF both become 0. You can only use this effect of "Performage Shadow Maker" once per turn.

Re-imagined Shadow Maker as something that literally wasn't just "make more Shadow maker???" The effect feels more flavorful, and also embodies the risk-taking factor that makes Performage what it is. However, I wanted to keep the "make AG Chaos Giant somehow" flavor, and so gave it a more flexible, easier to trigger effect. I'm considering making it so that both effects can't activate in the same turn, but honestly between this and Cup Tricker, it's a pretty easy way to cheat out force witch, if nothing else. I also didn't want to give the deck 2 Pendulum Summons, so it can only summon more copies of itself and Trapeze Magician.

Performage Trapeze Force Witch

DARK

Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect

7/2400/1800

2 "Performage" monsters

Must first be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon. Cannot be destroyed by cards or effects while you control a "Performage" Xyz monster. Once per turn, when a card or effect resolves that targets a "Performage" card(s) you control, you can negate that effect. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not. If a "Performage" monster battles an opponent's monster: the opponent's monster loses 600 ATK until the end of the turn.

Took me a while to come up with a design for Force Witch that I was satisfied with. Giving blanket protection to all performage is a little much, but OPT isn't a problem. Also the same applies to blatant battle immunity. Otherwise, not much in the way of changes tbh.

The playing with damage gimmick is cool, I'm annoyed both the anime and TCG didn't take more advantage of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived