Formal Magician Girl

The Nyx Avatar

92Z4ezo.png

LORE:While this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card's name is treated as "Dark Magican". During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn. ) "Magician" monsters Tribute Summoned using this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Oh so she gets all the "Magician Girl" support as well as the "Dark Magician" support on her side, and probably is meant to combo not only with Dark Magician Girl but with Kiwi Magician Girl too since mostly nothing else will be getting Tribute Summoned using it, unless you count a "Magician" Pendulum or two out there, but iirc they are legally a different archetype due to how they are written in Japan (Majutsushi vs Magishan) and the only reason they don't conflict in TCG is because the Arc V ones are always addressed as "Magician" Pendulums

Anyways, getting side-tracked here.

It is just alright since Dark Magician in its own deck isn't as hard to bring out as it used to be, making the difference between Level 4 and Level 7 for the theme not what they used to be back in the day. Also, this card is only Dark Magician in the Graveyard for some reason. If it was also treated as it on the field, it'd make some random combos possible like Summoner Monk opening up the path to Timaeus Fusions, Knight's Title, Dark Sage, or little random uses like that.

Lastly, I confess I've never been much of a fan of that guy in DeviantArt that made this card's image. That user always gives all girls the same expression and view angle for the face, and always puts the arms on the back in an awkward manner as if trying to avoid drawing hands at all costs... Though the dress she's wearing looks pretty good, at least something else is different over the years.

Oh so she gets all the "Magician Girl" support as well as the "Dark Magician" support on her side, and probably is meant to combo not only with Dark Magician Girl but with Kiwi Magician Girl too since mostly nothing else will be getting Tribute Summoned using it, unless you count a "Magician" Pendulum or two out there, but iirc they are legally a different archetype due to how they are written in Japan (Majutsushi vs Magishan) and the only reason they don't conflict in TCG is because the Arc V ones are always addressed as "Magician" Pendulums.

Anyways, getting side-tracked here.

It is just alright since Dark Magician in its own deck isn't as hard to bring out as it used to be, making the difference between Level 4 and Level 7 for the theme not what they used to be back in the day. Also, this card is only Dark Magician in the Graveyard for some reason. If it was also treated as it on the field, it'd make some random combos possible like Summoner Monk opening up the path to Timaeus Fusions, Knight's Title, Dark Sage, or little random uses like that.

It was for Dark Magician Girl as well as other Magician Girl cards to benefit from it. Though, I could make its effect apply to the field, too.

Lastly, I confess I've never been much of a fan of that guy in DeviantArt that made this card's image. That user always gives all girls the same expression and view angle for the face, and always puts the arms on the back in an awkward manner as if trying to avoid drawing hands at all costs... Though the dress she's wearing looks pretty good, at least something else is different over the years.

I never look to any artists when finding art for my cards; I just came across this card in a search and thought it'd be nice to use in a future card.

Cool Support for dark magician

Please note that we have something called the Advanced Clause in this section, which requires that you write at least 25-30 words when replying to a user's cards with details. In this case, you haven't explained anything. 

If it works for Dark Magicians, then you need to explain that.

(You may wish to use Sleepy's post above as an example; you don't have to write that much, but enough to mention your opinion in detail)

Archived