Red Knight King

Yami_Zedd

What's up Yugioh fam so today I decided to make a yugioh card titled "Red Knight King." I wanted to create a Dark Magician/Blue Eyes White Dragon equivalent for the attribute "Fire." What I mean by this is that the "Dark" attribute has the Dark Magician while the "Light" attribute has Blue Eyes White Dragon. I wanted to create something with the "Fire" attribute that could potentially compete with those cards in terms of strength and popularity. This card is a normal monster with an attack of 2700 and a defense of 2400. This means that he can defeat the Blue Eyes White Dragon if blue eyes is in "defense" mode. It also means the Dark Magician can defeat the Red Knight King if the Knight is in defense mode. I still need to create a picture which is why there is a question mark. If you guys have any ideas that would be great! This was inspired by the fan made card "Dark Knight King."

tldr: Normal Warrior Monster with "Fire" attribute. 2700 ATK 2400 DEF

L3GxyT9.jpg

I think it needs a  flavor text that pays better lip service to the monster, like in dark magician and blue eyes :)

maybe it could look kinda like flame swordsman. whatever design you go with, i think it should keep a clean and simple appearance, reminiscent of the style used by Takahashi in his early designs. Things like strange but easy to read headgear and an outfit that looks like both armor and fabric. That way it could fit in better with dark magician and blue eyes

Fair enough. I would have appreciated something like this to exist from the beginning.

Gaia the Fierce Knight didn't quite cut it for top of the Warrior vanillas and Red-Eyes was yet another Dragon. I think a FIRE Warrior would have complimented Joey a lot better. Which Joey eventually got Gilford the Lightning, but that's not a vanilla Ace so it's not the same.

That said, I'm rather surprised by the lack of cards in the game that can actually give support to a monster with these stats.

Maybe you are planning to create some support for it. After all this sounds a little bit like you are trying to make your own ace.

- - - -

For suggestions:

I can recommend lowering its DEF to 200. That way there are some cards that'll be able to put it into the field easily. Flamvell Firedog and Rekindling.

That's about as far as I can go. There really isn't much more to say.... Like the above comment said, I also think it needs more of a flavor text. It'll complement your card well and can help people visualize what you are imagining here. Maybe it'd even help somebody find an image for it that'd fit the description.

Uh, as it stands now, it has little support going for it. Searchable by Summoner's Art, it's fodder for "Sacred Sword of Seven Stars", gets a bit of Warrior support like being retrievable by "A Warrior Returning Alive". Oh, actually, with that typing it also searchable by Igknights, which is a nice advantage.

And hey, at the very least it has more ATK than other signature Normal Monsters with the same Level, like Dark Magician and Red-Eyes Black Dragon

Like Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes and Dark Magician have, you would need to make cards, even an entire archetype, around it in order to make it noteworthy.

And yeah, definitely give it a nice and sweet flavor text, and get a picture ASAP because having a card with just the Level and stats, but no proper artwork nor card text is too bland.

Yeah definitely well I would love to make a card like this and an entire character that can act as a true rival to Yami Yugi. Like Yugi has Dark Magician and Kaiba has Blue eyes and yea joey has the "red eyes" but its so week and its a "dark" character. They need a good normal monster type for the "fire" archetype. Something like a big tournament where yugi is involved in some great final duel where you introduce new character and card types.

In terms of Red-Eyes, you do realize that he now has a whole Deck dedicated to him, right? That, and 2400 ATK still does a fair bit nowadays; not as much as it might've done in the past, but it's far from weak. It's not FIRE, yes, but that isn't a major concern for other people.

Yeah, FIRE does need a good Normal Monster to work with (at least one with more than 2200-2300 [see Ryu-Ran]); you technically have Metalfoes Volflame at 2400 ATK but he's a Pendulum and Archetypal at that. This technically fits the bill, yes, but unlike the other DM characters (and already mentioned by Darj and Sleepy), you have no other cards to support this besides generic Normal stuff. Going off Sleepy's suggestion, lowering its DEF to 200 gives it compatibility with the Flamvell support cards (and Rekindling if you even want to go there).

At the time of writing, Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes and even Dark Magician all have post-legacy support [if you don't already know about them, then you need to look].

===

As for your idea for a new character, be aware that DM has been over for the last decade or so, and as such, is very unlikely (or close to zero) that we will ever get someone to match your specifications. I also doubt that the new protagonist for Yugioh 6 [working title for the new series in April] will have a FIRE ace; they stopped using Vanilla aces sometime after GX.

Archived