Most Europeans think Trump didn't go far enough, and support Total Muslim ban

Ryusei the Morning Star

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/08/whoa-poll-shows-bar-on-muslim-migration-has-wide-majority-support-in-europe/

Amid these competing views, where do the public in European countries stand on the specific issue of Muslim immigration? There is evidence to suggest that both Trump and these radical right-wing parties reflect an underlying reservoir of public support.

Drawing on a unique, new Chatham House survey of more than 10,000 people from 10 European states, we can throw new light on what people think about migration from mainly Muslim countries. Our results are striking and sobering. They suggest that public opposition to any further migration from predominantly Muslim states is by no means confined to Trump’s electorate in the US but is fairly widespread.

In our survey, carried out before President Trump’s executive order was announced, respondents were given the following statement: ‘All further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped’. They were then asked to what extent did they agree or disagree with this statement. Overall, across all 10 of the European countries an average of 55% agreed that all further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped, 25% neither agreed nor disagreed and 20% disagreed.

Majorities in all but two of the ten states agreed, ranging from 71% in Poland, 65% in Austria, 53% in Germany and 51% in Italy to 47% in the United Kingdom and 41% in Spain. In no country did the percentage that disagreed surpass 32%.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big shocker Europeans are racist and xenophobic :O

The European people have despised Islam for hundreds of years, and have been trying to rid their countries of it since the Spanish Inquisition. Islamophobia has only increased in the recent political climate, and is probably going to become even more widespread due to right-wing fear mongering. Europeans can be in favor of banning Muslims from their countries all they want, but that will only worsen their problems with terrorism by creating more sympathy for ISIS among their Islamic populations. Terrorist attacks in Europe haven't even come from the refugees, but European citizens. But then again Europeans can't tell the difference anyway, they just call all Muslims "asylum seekers" cause god forbid people try flee from governments and radical terrorists that are trying to kill them.

The European people have despised Islam for hundreds of years, and have been trying to rid their countries of it since the Spanish Inquisition. Islamophobia has only increased in the recent political climate, and is probably going to become even more widespread due to right-wing fear mongering. Europeans can be in favor of banning Muslims from their countries all they want, but that will only worsen their problems with terrorism by creating more sympathy for ISIS among their Islamic populations. Terrorist attacks in Europe haven't even come from the refugees, but European citizens. But then again Europeans can't tell the difference anyway, they just call all Muslims "asylum seekers" cause god forbid people try flee from governments and radical terrorists that are trying to kill them.

Europe can do what they feel they need to do for their sovereign security. But, for us:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Title 8 of USC Section 1182 F reads:

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline."

POTUS could literally pass a Muslim ban, and it would be completely legal. He won't cause he's pussyfooting with feelzies, but he absolutely can. 

ISIS can ferment all they want, if they can't get in, who will they bomb and kill?

Europe can do what they feel they need to do for their sovereign security. But, for us:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Title 8 of USC Section 1182 F reads:

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline."

POTUS could literally pass a Muslim ban, and it would be completely legal. He won't cause he's pussyfooting with feelzies, but he absolutely can. 

ISIS can ferment all they want, if they can't get in, who will they bomb and kill?

You'd be right if a Muslim ban would solve the problem. Unless you want to start banning Muslim United States citizens you're not going to stop the attacks. Refugees are not the threat. I'm not going to debate the legality of such a thing, nor am I going to debate with you the morality of such a thing. What I'm telling you is that a Muslim Ban does not stop the problem, and really only makes it worse.

You'd be right if a Muslim ban would solve the problem. Unless you want to start banning Muslim United States citizens you're not going to stop the attacks. Refugees are not the threat. I'm not going to debate the legality of such a thing, nor am I going to debate with you the morality of such a thing. What I'm telling you is that a Muslim Ban does not stop the problem, and really only makes it worse.

A Muslim registry would be legal too. We could monitor our Muslim population very closely if we so wanted.

Mother of all generalizations Batman!

People in the Middle East?

The European people have despised Islam for hundreds of years, and have been trying to rid their countries of it since the Spanish Inquisition. 

Yeah, thats what happens when you try to invade us over and over. I'll just say that while that sentiment doesn't exactly reflect my views, I have absolutely no trouble with Muslims entering Europe or of European Muslims, what I do have a problem with is immigration en masse. While one country might take an executive decision to let a million migrants in, what of those migrant's children? And their children? Europe is for Europeans first and foremost, and introducing another racial minority to Europe is bound to only cause problems. 

We shouldn't be made to shoulder everyone else's problems, except for the problems we have helped in creating. Then again, I hate the European Union and Globalism as a whole. It is not racist to want to control your own borders. A 1st generation immigrant to Europe should not have immediate access to everything a native European has access to. If that makes me racist, then so funking be it. Charity begins at home, and while we have Europeans starving in the streets, amongst other things, I don't see why we should shelter millions of immigrants from countries who are, for all intents and purposes, stable and functioning. 

Syrian refugees, sure, so long as they are returned to their home once the civil war has ended. As for Moroccans and Algerians, no. 

By the tenets of Islam, Muslims are strictly prohibited from settling in non-Muslim countries where their faith is threatened. 

This was the reason for Islam's view on at-ta'arrub ba'd al-hijra as reflected in many ahadith. At-ta'arrub ba'd al-hijra literally means "becoming shorn of one's percepts of faith after migrating [to city]," and technically, it means leaving an environment where you could follow Islam and moving to a place where you maybe prone to not following Islam. Such a migration is counted as one of the major sins.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/migration-non-muslim-countries

People in the Middle East?

Yeah, thats what happens when you try to invade us over and over. I'll just say that while that sentiment doesn't exactly reflect my views, I have absolutely no trouble with Muslims entering Europe or of European Muslims, what I do have a problem with is immigration en masse. While one country might take an executive decision to let a million migrants in, what of those migrant's children? And their children? Europe is for Europeans first and foremost, and introducing another racial minority to Europe is bound to only cause problems. 

We shouldn't be made to shoulder everyone else's problems, except for the problems we have helped in creating. Then again, I hate the European Union and Globalism as a whole. It is not racist to want to control your own borders. A 1st generation immigrant to Europe should not have immediate access to everything a native European has access to. If that makes me racist, then so f***ing be it. Charity begins at home, and while we have Europeans starving in the streets, amongst other things, I don't see why we should shelter millions of immigrants from countries who are, for all intents and purposes, stable and functioning. 

Syrian refugees, sure, so long as they are returned to their home once the civil war has ended. As for Moroccans and Algerians, no. 

Except European Imperialism did create this problem lol. The Middle East would be a much more stable area were it not for Europe's greed in the area. The Middle East was actually working towards democracy before Europe swept on in there. Also let's not even mention the fact that Europe left an entire population (the Kurds) without a homeland due to their policies in the Middle East and by extension opening that population up to repeated attempted (and in some cases nearly successful) genocides by the governments in power

Shocker dictator who wants to wipe out dissent fear mongers so that people won't take in dissenters. :O

We shouldn't be made to shoulder everyone else's problems, except for the problems we have helped in creating.

I'm not 100% well-versed in the geopolitical history of the area, but I'm pretty sure that the fall of the Ottoman Empire is largely what ruined Islam's chance at becoming "civilized" in a timely manner.

And guess who's fault that was?

(for once, it wasn't ours)

Now, let me be clear, I think reparations for mistakes committed in the past is a stupid concept. But if you're going to use that line of logic...

It actually is partly your (as in Europe's) fault that all of this is happening.

Meanwhile, in America...

If we're going to continue f***ing bombing innocent civilians to hopefully catch a few terrorists, the least we can do is give the non-terrorists a safe place to run to. But I guess Trump found it necessary to make it a symbolic gesture towards the Islamic countries that don't conflict with his business interests.

I totally agree with the suspension of granting visas to immigrants from the list of countries labeled threats (by Obama I might add).  Islam is a dangerous, and regressive form of ideology that cannot, and will not, integrate with Western Society.  They treat women as second class citizens, and they despise homosexuals and those who are not part of their religion.  However, I do not speak of all Muslims, as I know very many moderate Muslims.  Although the ones that are moderate, do not condemn the actions of their brothers and sisters.    

Look at Canada and Europe.  At least 70% of the Refugees coming into countries are single males above the age of 20.  Crime rates committed by mostly Muslim populations are on the rise, especially in the field of sexual assault and pedophilia.  And yes, extremists sneak into the mobs and hordes of refugees flooding into countries.  These people have no respect for the culture, or rules, that they want to live in.  Instead they want to enforce the will of Sharia.  

Look at Dearborn, Michigan for example.  The highest population of Muslim's in the united states violently attacking Christian proselytizers in broad daylight.  

Islam is a danger to Western Society.  Notice how I didn't say Muslim's are, but Islam.  Of course, you don't see any of the other middle eastern countries opening up their borders to Refugees...no let's just dump them into socities where they can take over, because everyone is afraid to speak out against Islam for fear of being called a racist (even though Muslim is not a race.) 

I believe the Refugees bring nothing but backwards thinking, and violence.  Let them do that where they were doing it before, and stop spreading the hate into the West.  

I totally agree with the suspension of granting visas to immigrants from the list of countries labeled threats (by Obama I might add).  Islam is a dangerous, and regressive form of ideology that cannot, and will not, integrate with Western Society.  They treat women as second class citizens, and they despise homosexuals and those who are not part of their religion.  However, I do not speak of all Muslims, as I know very many moderate Muslims.  Although the ones that are moderate, do not condemn the actions of their brothers and sisters.    

Look at Canada and Europe.  At least 70% of the Refugees coming into countries are single males above the age of 20.  Crime rates committed by mostly Muslim populations are on the rise, especially in the field of sexual assault and pedophilia.  And yes, extremists sneak into the mobs and hordes of refugees flooding into countries.  These people have no respect for the culture, or rules, that they want to live in.  Instead they want to enforce the will of Sharia.  

Look at Dearborn, Michigan for example.  The highest population of Muslim's in the united states violently attacking Christian proselytizers in broad daylight.  

Islam is a danger to Western Society.  Notice how I didn't say Muslim's are, but Islam.  Of course, you don't see any of the other middle eastern countries opening up their borders to Refugees...no let's just dump them into socities where they can take over, because everyone is afraid to speak out against Islam for fear of being called a racist (even though Muslim is not a race.) 

I believe the Refugees bring nothing but backwards thinking, and violence.  Let them do that where they were doing it before, and stop spreading the hate into the West.  

To address your first point by that logic most religions of the world are dangerous to Western Society. Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism all have extremely antagonistic relationships with LGBT people. Christianity and Judaism excludes women from parts of the religious process (while not applying the same restrictions to men) as well as teaching that women should be subservient to their male counterparts. Also, several sects of Buddism exclude women from practicing entirely as they are believed to be unclean and the source vice/sin. Finally to the last point you're naive to think that you will find any members of any religion how do not despise others for being of a different religion. Many religions push their followers to aggressively force non-believers into conversion.

http://time.com/4122186/syrian-refugees-donald-trump-young-men/

https://www.romper.com/p/refugees-crimes-rates-in-europe-show-immigrants-arent-to-blame-for-post-brexit-violence-25362

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/04/refugees-crime-rumors/480171/

These are to address your second point about refugees being the cause of crime, and your statistic about them being mostly young men. Again to your point about Sharia Law, first of all, where is your proof for this statement? Second of all, it's a naive fantasy to believe that Christian lawmakers do not try to push tenants of Christianity into government or even blatantly trying to turn the US into a Christian state.

Also, a five-second google search is literally all it took to find that point about Dearborn was false

https://christandpopculture.com/muslims-stoning-christians-in-michigan-not-quite-updated/

Come on if you're going to make claims like this at least do a little research and not just believe everything you hear on Faux News.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/10/global-refugee-crisis-by-the-numbers/

The Top 5 of the countries listed here are majority Islamic countries, but what was that you were saying about Middle Eastern countries not taking in refugees. Sorry I couldn't hear you over you being completely wrong. 

Good lord your entire post was based on such easily disproven ignorance it's ridiculous. Like did you even do a second of research before you posted that sheet? Be careful YCM your Islamophobia is showing...

The Difference between other modern mainstream religions is that they have become less about the strict adherence to the literal interpretation of the holy texts, and more towards the lessons.  They have stepped into the 21st century.  Not all places, such as Rwanda and other places, but for the majority they have.  Modern day Islam is stuck in the bronze ages.  Mainstream Muslim culture has no way of budging from the truth of the Koran.  They slaughter homosexuals and kill apostates in 12 countries, ran by zealots.  What are the moderate muslims doing about this?  Nothing.  Do they condemn it?  No.  

My first point stands.  The 1400 cases of rape that have gone uninvestigated by officials in Europe for fear of backlash from the Muslim community.  Have you heard of Taharrush?  That's what is happening.  These refugees, who have no regard for Western rules and rights, are coming here and breaking the law and assaulting women.  A pedophilia ring was just broken up recently in 2012 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_child_sex_abuse_ring)

And my last point is totally valid.  There are at least 100+ texts from the Koran that tell to slaughter the infidel.  And since they still think that's what they're supposed to do, that's what they're supposed to do.  

And you think just because you looked up one "new source" that tells you the highest density of Muslims in America does not want Sharia Law, I point to this video

And if you look to the sources cited by that article regarding displacement, you'll find that Europe and the America's took in twice, if not four times as many refugees than the other Muslim countries.  And this article is from 2014.  I'd like a more updated source.  

I've done my research.  Whereas you like to take the top google searches, and cite them implying I haven't read them is pretty ignorant.  But no, just because I'm a conservative who wishes for tighter borders and is unwary of the mass amounts of muslim refugees who have no understanding of what rules are and how they apply to them, that must mean I'm an Islamaphobe.  Open your eyes and see what Islam is at it's core.  Hate, pedophilia, misogyny, and violence.  I don't want any of that here in the Americas, or Europe for that matter.  

It is you who is the Islamaphobe.  The ones afraid to speak out against all the misdeeds and wrong doings of the Muslim community are furthering the problem.  

The Difference between other modern mainstream religions is that they have become less about the strict adherence to the literal interpretation of the holy texts, and more towards the lessons.  They have stepped into the 21st century.  Not all places, such as Rwanda and other places, but for the majority they have.  Modern day Islam is stuck in the bronze ages.  Mainstream Muslim culture has no way of budging from the truth of the Koran.  They slaughter homosexuals and kill apostates in 12 countries, ran by zealots.  What are the moderate muslims doing about this?  Nothing.  Do they condemn it?  No.  

And my last point is totally valid.  There are at least 100+ texts from the Koran that tell to slaughter the infidel.  And since they still think that's what they're supposed to do, that's what they're supposed to do.  

I've done my research.  Whereas you like to take the top google searches, and cite them implying I haven't read them is pretty ignorant.  But no, just because I'm a conservative who wishes for tighter borders and is unwary of the mass amounts of muslim refugees who have no understanding of what rules are and how they apply to them, that must mean I'm an Islamaphobe.  Open your eyes and see what Islam is at it's core.  Hate, pedophilia, misogyny, and violence.  I don't want any of that here in the Americas, or Europe for that matter.  

Those 12 countries are? Also, there are not "at least 100 texts from the Qu'ran that say to slaughter non-Muslims". In fact, Muslims are strictly prohibited from using force to convert someone to Islam, at least in theory. Tell me, if Islam is such a violent religion, what of the other two Abrahamic religions? The Hebrew Bible and even Christian texts are full of similar statements. It is pure Islamophobia to dismiss one as hate speech, and the other as holy and above criticism. Just because some Muslims are extremists doesn't make them all extremists. Bhutan and Myanmar have funking crazy Buddhist Warrior Monks that go around slaughtering people for no reason. Does that reflect on all Buddhists? No. So why, in the case of Islam, does it reflect on all Muslims?

I'm a conservative and want tighter borders, but don't go making sheet up about a religion without actually providing a source for your claims. Most every religion tells it's practitioners that it's the correct way and everyone else is in the wrong, that's not just Islam. Like, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, funking Scientology, Pastafarianism. 

Those 12 countries are? Also, there are not "at least 100 texts from the Qu'ran that say to slaughter non-Muslims". In fact, Muslims are strictly prohibited from using force to convert someone to Islam, at least in theory. Tell me, if Islam is such a violent religion, what of the other two Abrahamic religions? The Hebrew Bible and even Christian texts are full of similar statements. It is pure Islamophobia to dismiss one as hate speech, and the other as holy and above criticism. Just because some Muslims are extremists doesn't make them all extremists. Bhutan and Myanmar have f***ing crazy Buddhist Warrior Monks that go around slaughtering people for no reason. Does that reflect on all Buddhists? No. So why, in the case of Islam, does it reflect on all Muslims?

I'm a conservative and want tighter borders, but don't go making s*** up about a religion without actually providing a source for your claims. Most every religion tells it's practitioners that it's the correct way and everyone else is in the wrong, that's not just Islam. Like, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, f***ing Scientology, Pastafarianism. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.2d1eb227a8bc

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

If you took the time to read my prior post, you would see that I didn't give radical forms of religion chosen by Governments a pass.  I included Rwanda as an example of a christian ran state that looks very similar to the other Muslim ran countries around the world.  Did you read it or just start typing away trying to call me an Islamaphobe as fast as possible? 

The thing about you saying "not all Muslims" is moot.  The Muslims who do not commit acts of terror, or crime, do not condemn it.  They don't say, "Oh what a terrible thing, these guys aren't following the true will of Allah."  

Give me a break with the apologies, grouping in Islam with all the other religions when it wishes to do no such thing.  You can't build synagogues or churches in Muslim countries.  They are intolerant over there.  Letting them flood in here will further the intolerance.  If you can't connect those dots, then I don't know what to tell you.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.2d1eb227a8bc

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

If you took the time to read my prior post, you would see that I didn't give radical forms of religion chosen by Governments a pass.  I included Rwanda as an example of a christian ran state that looks very similar to the other Muslim ran countries around the world.  Did you read it or just start typing away trying to call me an Islamaphobe as fast as possible? 

The thing about you saying "not all Muslims" is moot.  The Muslims who do not commit acts of terror, or crime, do not condemn it.  They don't say, "Oh what a terrible thing, these guys aren't following the true will of Allah."  

Give me a break with the apologies, grouping in Islam with all the other religions when it wishes to do no such thing.  You can't build synagogues or churches in Muslim countries.  They are intolerant over there.  Letting them flood in here will further the intolerance.  If you can't connect those dots, then I don't know what to tell you.  

I'm not quoting you twice, so I'll address your first post first. First of all, one of the articles I linked told you why that Dearborn thing is bullshit, but whatever. 

Second of all, where is your proof that moderate Muslims are not condemning that acts of terrorists or dictators? Cause these links

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/orlando-muslims-statement/

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen-makes-spreadsheet-muslim-groups-leaders-denouncing-terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism#Condemnation_and_opposition

suggest otherwise. Moderate Muslims do speak out against terrorism, you just want to bury your head in the sand to justify your ignorance. Even then if you want to say that there are people here who are sympathetic to ISIS, or some of Islams more intolerant tenants, you don't think that there are people of other religions who are sympathetic to extremist groups in their own religion (hint: there are I've met some), or still believe in more intolerant tenets of their religion (I'll give you two guesses). Modern mainstream religions have not learned to be more tolerant, they've just learned how to be sneakier about enforcing their bigotry, or be forced to stop by the law.

To your point on the 1,400 cases. You want to condemn the entire Islamic community for the actions of 12 men? That's absolutely ridiculous... Also on Taharrush:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-shams/sexism-isnt-an-arab-cultural-practice_b_9022056.html

You want to say that Muslims want to just come here to rape women, and not follow any rules, but you have no proof other than one Wikipedia article about a sex ring that was broken up in 2012? Ya got any more recent sources. 

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/ten-countries-host-world-refugees-report-161004042014076.html

Also, a more recent statistic of the countries accepting refugees, the US nor any European country are on that list. 

Finally, I just want to ask. You seem to know an awful lot about the Koran, and Islamic teachings, so just curious could you point me to each and every one of these texts in the Koran that advocate for the slaughter of infidels? I mean you seem to have read the whole Koran, so you can let me know. Also, I'd like for you to point to me where in the Koran it advocates for hate, pedophilia, misogyny, and violence. So please educate me, the ignorant liberal, with your vast knowledge of the Koran, and Islam. Connect your imaginary dots for me.

I am not going to take any of these sources seriously.  Cnn?  Are you kidding me?  Huffpost?  Teen Vogue?  Nice bro.

My link to the violence in the Koran quotes some of the verses that say to kill non-believers.  Most, if not all, Muslim ran countries will condone this rule.  They believe it as truth.  Pedophilia?  The seal of the prophets himself was a pedophile if the Koran is to be taken seriously.  Consummating with a 9 year old girl...what a great role model.  And you want to deny the fact that a Muslim pedophilia ring was broken up just because it's from 2012?  You want more cases?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/10/austria-muslim-migrant-who-raped-10-year-old-boy-has-conviction-overturned

Or how about the refugee in Canada who sexually assaulted 6 young girls at a local swimming pool.  

Taharrush is a very real thing, I might add.  And it is a cultural thing to rape women in the countries that these Refugees are coming from.  

You yourself are ignorant trying to deny these facts.  But I guess because someone wrote a news article on Teen Vogue, that means it's not happening right?  This argument is pointed at the Muslim refugees...not Muslims currently living in america.  It's aimed at the radical Muslims who wish to instill sharia in every country they immigrate to.  They have no intention of integrating into modern day western culture.  

I am not going to take any of these sources seriously.  Cnn?  Are you kidding me?  Huffpost?  Teen Vogue?  Nice bro.

My link to the violence in the Koran quotes some of the verses that say to kill non-believers.  Most, if not all, Muslim ran countries will condone this rule.  They believe it as truth.  Pedophilia?  The seal of the prophets himself was a pedophile if the Koran is to be taken seriously.  Consummating with a 9 year old girl...what a great role model.  And you want to deny the fact that a Muslim pedophilia ring was broken up just because it's from 2012?  You want more cases?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/10/austria-muslim-migrant-who-raped-10-year-old-boy-has-conviction-overturned

Or how about the refugee in Canada who sexually assaulted 6 young girls at a local swimming pool.  

Taharrush is a very real thing, I might add.  And it is a cultural thing to rape women in the countries that these Refugees are coming from.  

You yourself are ignorant trying to deny these facts.  But I guess because someone wrote a news article on Teen Vogue, that means it's not happening right?  This argument is pointed at the Muslim refugees...not Muslims currently living in america.  It's aimed at the radical Muslims who wish to instill sharia in every country they immigrate to.  They have no intention of integrating into modern day western culture.  

You know what is actually funny; how you never cited sources on the actual crime rates committed by muslim populations in Canada post-refugee immigration. You kinda just said "Crime rates committed by muslim populations are on the rise in Canada!" and just left it at that. Not that there's really any solid numbers out there; you can find general crime rate statistics, sure, but there's a magical thing called "Correlation =/= Causation". I mean, neat of you to cite the one real incident involving a refugee in Canada and attempt to just splash that all across 50,000+ refugees. I really like that it didn't actually have any basis for it; you just cited an incident and went "Because one guy sexually assaulted girls in Canada, all of them will do so." Neat, I'll keep that in mind when I cite a certain recent incident when I say all Trump supporters are mass-murderers waiting to happen.

Also you know what's real nice? Dismissing cited information without looking at it because of the source and not at all reading the content. Showing some real effort in putting up a good argument there. Showin' some real rational when you refuse to consider something because you don't think it's credible. I believe there's a term for that; but of course most people here consider ad hominem to be a matter of insults and not at all technically meaning the dismissal of information that's cited by attacking the source.

Actually you know what else is just absolutely hilarious, when literally anyone from this site thinks they absolutely know what's-what about a religion or culture they have spent absolutely no significant time studying or living with. It's CONFOUNDING when you expect me to belive that you or whatever precious lil' middle-class western individual really understands the in's and out's from a middle-eastern culture or religion simply by reading the news or doing some real casual research. It's seriously not that simple, and it's absolutely ignorant (and actually hilarious) that you expect me to take what you're saying as serious. Actually, it downright pisses me off when I see anyone step and go "Nah m8, this is what you believe is all about. See I know what I'm saying 'cause I read this one translation and cherry picked this lil' passage. Also this guy in the text did a bad thing so therefore the religion is bad."

But let's look at it, okay? Because it's just frickin' straight adorable how you utterly ignore cultural, historical, and linguistic context when you make those bare-bones citations. I mean, we can start with how the concept of the teenager wasn't a thing until the past hundred years and how, until then, an individual was considered an adult once they hit puberty. We can also start at regular ages of marriage in those cultural ages, life expectancy, and general middle-eastern and near-middle-eastern cultures at the time. But nooooo that's ACTUAL RESEARCH! We don't want to do ACTUAL RESEARCH when it comes to a proper understanding, we just want to spend our time blindly latching onto whatever immediately appeals to our presuppositions!

We could talk about the Taharrish; we can talk about how it's a serious issue in egypt and how there's a significant portion of the population working to fight against it, but no actually let's just hear it's a thing and say that's they're culture. No room for empathy or research, am I right?

I've taken the time to really dig into Christianity, like post-secondary levels of education on that matter. Like if I didn't screw up and forget all the homework for one class in a semester because of the rest of my work load I'd have a degree on my wall. You know what the real in-depth digging has taught me? There's a metric CRAP TONNE of information and meaning you absolutely DO NOT GET if you aren't paying attention to historical, cultural, textual, or linguistic context. Because wow, guess what, you can't just understand a piece of translated, ancient, middle-eastern religious text from a casual reading. Who woulda thunk?

Actually, let's talk about the whole "Religion X causes crime" because WOW that's a hilarious can of beans. I love it when people just go "Religion is the cause of evil" or w/e and think that if really just everyone were athiests we wouldn't have so much crime and terrorism. Hey, you wanna know what causes crime and violence? PEOPLE. People have committed violence and horrible acts against each other pretty much since forever; and they fall under a big WIDE umbrella of world views, backgrounds, ideologies, etc. Sometimes people use religion as their reasoning, sometimes people use science as their reasoning (Better start cleansing those genetically inferior individuals in execution camps and improve the gene pool, right?) Saying that any ONE thing is the cause for all the bad in the world is, absolutely and entirely, ignorant. It's never one thing, and people will latch onto the first bit of reasoning that justifies their actions, or maybe they'll do it with no reasoning at all. People do that, people murder, people steal. That's humanity, pal. Maybe instead of trying to scapegoat one thing you could recognize that, hey, y'know, it's not so easy to just blanket everything under one banner.

You wanna show me you've taken the time to get these people, you wanna show me that you really understand these cultures and can definitely say without a doubt that over a billion people are inherently evil because of their religion because of undeniable evidence? Do it. Show me this isn't just blind prejudice weakly rooted in some cherry-picked casual studies, or from hearing a few incidents (Wow great job citing one criminal instance in Canada, I love how applicable that is to everyone), or from hearing of the political instability screw-up in the middle east caused pretty much almost entirely by screw-ball US interventions, do it. Show me you're not just prejudiced and ignorant and that you've actually taken the time to understand what you're talking about, because so far neither your arguments or your evidence are really telling me the contrary, pal.

Before any of you try to tell me what Islam is or is all about, give me reason to believe you actually know what you're talking about. Because so far, you guys have done jack SQUAT to even come close to accomplishing that.

Archived