Digimon World: Next Order

Mr. Hyde

motherfucking hype, can't get it cause I stopped buying every new console a while back cause I just never play anything on them

I'll bite the bullet when KH3 comes out I guess, but if this game is that good, and I mean as good as the original DW1 from the olden days then I'll probably stumble into a gamestop in the near future. 

For now let me live vicariously through you, tell me all the details, and if you've played the original or any others tell me how it compares. 

So I've only ever played Digimon 4 when I was a kid and I really liked it but apparently it's super s***, so if this game is at least better than 4 I might get it. My bar is set pretty low.

motherf***ing hype, can't get it cause I stopped buying every new console a while back cause I just never play anything on them

I'll bite the bullet when KH3 comes out I guess, but if this game is that good, and I mean as good as the original DW1 from the olden days then I'll probably stumble into a gamestop in the near future. 

For now let me live vicariously through you, tell me all the details, and if you've played the original or any others tell me how it compares. 

It's almost pretty much exactly like the first DW1.  Your digimon has to use the restroom, you have to care for it and sleep with it (get your head outta the gutter!).  The only difference is that now you have two digimon!  And exactly like the first one, if your digimon poops too much without using a restroom, it turns into a Sukamon.  The combat system is relatively the same to.  You shout commands to your digimon, and they can do attacks based on how much MP they have.  DNA digivolving is now a thing too.  I've only ever played 3, by far my favorite rpg of all time tbh (No matter how much you need to backtrack).  The only thing I can really be upset at the game is the incredible difficulty spikes.  My two mega level digimon can't take out level 30 champion digimon....it takes me out of it.  But that's because I'm playing on normal, this game's version of Hard.  Debating if I want to tone down the difficulty or not.  

So I've only ever played Digimon 4 when I was a kid and I really liked it but apparently it's super sheet, so if this game is at least better than 4 I might get it. My bar is set pretty low.

Yeah that one was god awful, I was a massive fan of the original 3, and was naturally hyped for 4 when it came out, I literally played 2 hours and was beyond let down. 

It's almost pretty much exactly like the first DW1.  Your digimon has to use the restroom, you have to care for it and sleep with it (get your head outta the gutter!).  The only difference is that now you have two digimon!  And exactly like the first one, if your digimon poops too much without using a restroom, it turns into a Sukamon.  The combat system is relatively the same to.  You shout commands to your digimon, and they can do attacks based on how much MP they have.  DNA digivolving is now a thing too.  I've only ever played 3, by far my favorite rpg of all time tbh (No matter how much you need to backtrack).  The only thing I can really be upset at the game is the incredible difficulty spikes.  My two mega level digimon can't take out level 30 champion digimon....it takes me out of it.  But that's because I'm playing on normal, this game's version of Hard.  Debating if I want to tone down the difficulty or not.  

What's the progression like through the ranks, like does it feel like you get mega's too quickly? Also, how hard is it to get a good digimon or the one you want, I remember the original was super unforgiving when it came to that. What about the story progression, this game has the town members in it right? I remember that was a really fun aspect of the original, recruiting a digimon back into town and seeing what store they open up. 

Yeah that one was god awful, I was a massive fan of the original 3, and was naturally hyped for 4 when it came out, I literally played 2 hours and was beyond let down. 

What's the progression like through the ranks, like does it feel like you get mega's too quickly? Also, how hard is it to get a good digimon or the one you want, I remember the original was super unforgiving when it came to that. What about the story progression, this game has the town members in it right? I remember that was a really fun aspect of the original, recruiting a digimon back into town and seeing what store they open up. 

Oh hell no I didn't get my mega's until like...my 3rd day of continuous play.  And it's incredibly difficult to increase your stats far enough to even get to a royal knight or demon lord.  It's insane.  Minimum stats have to be above 6000...and I can only get my megas up to 2000 across the board until they die.  Story progression is great, and digimon recruiting is really fun.

If I only had one complaint, it would be that the game boasts open world gameplay, but all the items, enemies, and materials, spawn in the same locations every time you move to an area.  It's holds the game back a lot.  The maps are uninspired, and there are a lot of reused assets.  Lots of load screens.  

English voice acting is a welcome edition compared to Cyber Sleuth!  Although I had no gripes against subs.  And the cutscenes in the game, while not super great, are improved.  

One day I hope we get a digimon game that's not an obvious port from a PSVita game.  Just make a digimon game for the Ps4 from the ground up D:

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this game so far. A huge step up from DW1 and Re:Digitize; you can immediately see what's been improved upon in the first few hours. Having 2 Digimon instead of one helps out tremendously. If one dies in the middle of a quest or objective, you still have another, a big minus for me in the other games. Multiple training mini-games, have been reduced to a stop-roulette mini-game that offers multiple bonuses; much less tedious. Mapping out reqs for Digivolutions is a little annoying, but I have 2 megas after the first death. A bit later on, you can even lock which digivolutions you don't want if your Digimon meets the reqs for more than 1 form; no more random BS evolving. There's also a Skill Tree for the Tamer to increase things like HP/MP recovery, drop-rates, inventory space, etc. imo, a very nice touch.

I could go on, but so far I don't have a problem with the game. Sometimes I forget which Digimon is L(eft) and R(ight) in clutch situations like healing; I may heal the wrong one, or both and waste and waste an item. After 12 hours of gameplay I'm still on chapter 1 and I'm not sure how many chapters there are, but it makes me question how much content is actually here (story-wise). If you played DW1 or Re:Digitize then you know you have to increase the population of the town via sidequests in order to progress through the main story.

tl;dr: If you liked DW1, buy this. You have no reason to hesitate.

What I love is the ENGLISH VOICE ACTING. Cyber Sleuth didn't have that. But how  does Digivolution work in this game. I need the Tanemon line as an example.

I would've much prefered Eng Subs like Cyber Sleuth over the dubbing. I die a little more inside each and every time I hear "MachineDREmon" and not "MachineDRAmon". Like, was it SO hard to pronounce? Plus everyone says it so rough and unnatural like... seriously irks me.

Anyway, Digimon digivolve based on which stats meet what requirements. Stats are also trained individually and not all together. After Baby I, evolution starts to branch off. Digimon have 2 to 5 routes they can take. For example, if you want Tanemon to digivolve into Palmon you need to train HP to 500 and MP to 1000. But Tanemon can also evolve into Alraumon, Renamon, Goblimon, and DemiDevimon (For obvious reasons I can't post her whole line).

If it meets the reqs for more than one of these digimon, I believe it chooses the digimon at the top of its Evolution Tree (in Tanemon's case IS Palmon). Other factors may also matter like, Battle Wins, weight, etc; keep that in mind. If you're not using a guide, requirements in the Evolution Tree are unlocked by praising/scolding your digimon, training, and winning fights (I highly recommend a guide regardless. Reqs are unlocked usually 1 stat at a time and could reveal unless info on a digimon you don't even want). Later on, you get to block off what evos you don't want.

If you're in Rookie, and you do not meet the reqs to go to any Champion form after a certain age, then it evolves into Numemon(STR Type) or Geremon(WIS Type) by default. If you can't digivolve into Ultimate or Mega, by a certain age, then it dies. If it's already a Mega, then after age 21 or 22, it dies naturally. After death, a digimon is reborn with higher stats (How much depends on your Tamer Skill Tree). Whether you want the same digimon or not is up to you.

I would've much prefered Eng Subs like Cyber Sleuth over the dubbing. I die a little more inside each and every time I hear "MachineDREmon" and not "MachineDRAmon". Like, was it SO hard to pronounce? Plus everyone says it so rough and unnatural like... seriously irks me.

Anyway, Digimon digivolve based on which stats meet what requirements. Stats are also trained individually and not all together. After Baby I, evolution starts to branch off. Digimon have 2 to 5 routes they can take. For example, if you want Tanemon to digivolve into Palmon you need to train HP to 500 and MP to 1000. But Tanemon can also evolve into Alraumon, Renamon, Goblimon, and DemiDevimon (For obvious reasons I can't post her whole line).

If it meets the reqs for more than one of these digimon, I believe it chooses the digimon at the top of its Evolution Tree (in Tanemon's case IS Palmon). Other factors may also matter like, Battle Wins, weight, etc; keep that in mind. If you're not using a guide, requirements in the Evolution Tree are unlocked by praising/scolding your digimon, training, and winning fights (I highly recommend a guide regardless. Reqs are unlocked usually 1 stat at a time and could reveal unless info on a digimon you don't even want). Later on, you get to block off what evos you don't want.

If you're in Rookie, and you do not meet the reqs to go to any Champion form after a certain age, then it evolves into Numemon(STR Type) or Geremon(WIS Type) by default. If you can't digivolve into Ultimate or Mega, by a certain age, then it dies. If it's already a Mega, then after age 21 or 22, it dies naturally. After death, a digimon is reborn with higher stats (How much depends on your Tamer Skill Tree). Whether you want the same digimon or not is up to you.

So basically, it dies and is reborn over and over again? Kinda wish they would stay Mega, but imagine a mega with uber stats.

I've hit a difficulty curve so incredibly frustrating....

My Susanoomon and Kentaurusmon whose stats are over 5000 each cannot fight 2 level 40 Mega digimon.  This game and it's difficulty curves are soooooooooooooo annoying!  It's like I have to wait for them to reincarnate just to increase their stat parameters so I can get over this fight.  Length padding at it's utter worst.  

My Susanoomon and Kentaurusmon whose stats are over 5000 each cannot fight 2 level 40 Mega digimon.  This game and it's difficulty curves are soooooooooooooo annoying!  It's like I have to wait for them to reincarnate just to increase their stat parameters so I can get over this fight.  Length padding at it's utter worst.  

Speaking of Susanoomon, why just Agunimon and not any of the other 10 warriors?

Sadly I think I know exactly where you are, assuming it's Samudramon and Kuzuhamon. I thought I had pretty good stats until I got there. What Generation are you on? Not really an accurate way to gauge strength since everyone uses their TP and trains their digimon a little differently.

I just beat the game on Generation 8, and playtime is a little over 50 hours. Not bragging by any means just giving a casual frame of reference for people. I beat Samudramon and Kuzuhamon by using ExE. And then coming back the next day with more Stm and doing the same thing with Omegamon. If you're dying before you can ExE then yeah I recommend reincarnation.

Funnily enough, up until that point, I thought the game's pacing was pretty good. It's like running in the Olympics and then someone randomly bashes your kneecaps in, telling you if you want gold "git gud".

EDIT: I also don't recommend to anyone playing on Normal or Hard Mode, the only difference is pretty much your digimon gain less stats. Not sure if that's worth any gamerscore or trophies.

Speaking of Susanoomon, why just Agunimon and not any of the other 10 warriors?

EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon are also in the game, but I get what you mean. Agunimon almost seems like, the Digimon Equivalent of Broly from DBZ, in terms of special treatment. Maybe he's a creator/fan-favorite or something.

Sadly I think I know exactly where you are, assuming it's Samudramon and Kuzuhamon. I thought I had pretty good stats until I got there. What Generation are you on? Not really an accurate way to gauge strength since everyone uses their TP and trains their digimon a little differently.

I just beat the game on Generation 8, and playtime is a little over 50 hours. Not bragging by any means just giving a casual frame of reference for people. I beat Samudramon and Kuzuhamon by using ExE. And then coming back the next day with more Stm and doing the same thing with Omegamon. If you're dying before you can ExE then yeah I recommend reincarnation.

Funnily enough, up until that point, I thought the game's pacing was pretty good. It's like running in the Olympics and then someone randomly bashes your kneecaps in, telling you if you want gold "git gud".

EDIT: I also don't recommend to anyone playing on Normal or Hard Mode, the only difference is pretty much your digimon gain less stats. Not sure if that's worth any gamerscore or trophies.

EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon are also in the game, but I get what you mean. Agunimon almost seems like, the Digimon Equivalent of Broly from DBZ, in terms of special treatment. Maybe he's a creator/fan-favorite or something.

I see. A shame too. So much potential, I mean who would not want the likes of Zephyrmon ontheir team. Speaking of, does this game have an Encyclopedia thing, like a pokedex?

I see. A shame too. So much potential, I mean who would not want the likes of Zephyrmon ontheir team. Speaking of, does this game have an Encyclopedia thing, like a pokedex?

Yeah kind of. No description or anything, but you can see Digimon you've had, fought, or recruited and how they connect with Evolution Trees.

Yeah kind of. No description or anything, but you can see Digimon you've had, fought, or recruited and how they connect with Evolution Trees.

That's cool. I have a few favorites I would like to have but mostly I would like to get ones that appear in the anime.

Edit: I got the game, but digivolving certain Digimon is annoying. I have a BanchoLeomon, and a 4th gen Gatomon. I was hoping for an Ice attribute digimon for the Icemon recruitment quest. I'll have to wait until BanchoLeomon dies, then go for... Argh, I hate the RNG, who has the highest chances of becoming an Ice attribute digimon?

Archived