Us/Them, Chapter 1: The Burning Plains [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

Timeskipper

I'll join. This reminds me of d&d, but on steroids.

Chera

[spoiler=Character Sheet]Attributes (7 points to divide between the first three, 5 between the last two)

Speed:3

Attack:2

Defense:2

Willpower:2

Balance:3

Specialization: (Choose between Combo, Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Damage Avoided and AP)AP

Special Moves (AP cost = Number of symbols + 1)

Reflecting Shield

3 AP-Reflect,Charm

She gleams at her opponent, making them unable to stop her counterattack, and then strike hard and fast.

Regenerate

1Ap- Continuous Healing, Zero Damage

Very simple. She stimulates her cells, and they begin to renerate.

Leg Sweep

4 AP-Knock Down,Jump, Finishing

She leg sweeps, jumps up, pulls out her knife, and finishes the job.

Super move

Demonic Slash

4Ap+4SP-Crawling, Vampiric, Bashing,Pull

She wills you to die. She gets near to the ground,pulls enemies to her nearby area, and strikes all enemies nearby, and absorbs some of their health.

Bonus Points (Can give up the free ability symbol at the start to get 1 point)

Speed:1

Attack:

Defense:

Abilities (1 free symbol) continuous damage

[spoiler=Character AP]

Appearance: Chera is translucent. She doesn't know why, but she looks demented. Her eyes are pure red, her hair a golden brown, usually with a golden flower in it. She always looks hungry . She looks as if she's young, but she was 13 when Their came. Most of the time she has a gold flower A shirt (sleeveless) with green shorts. She always is pale.

Backstory: She was once normal, but that changed the day the Their came. She was changed after a beam caused by the Their affected her mind and body. She was suddenly filled with the desire to kill everyone and everything in her path. The More she killed, the more translucent she became. She eventually lost the ability to wield weapons, but gained magic. She found someone who knew of a place called the Burning Plains. She, with the man, knew that it was time to resume feasting on souls.

Personality: Chera is terrifying in her physical form, wielding a knife. She normally is descesive, playing people into doing what she wants. Once you know what she wants, though, she is easy to manipulate. She can be demented, blood thirsty, charming, or sad(both real and fake). But other than those, she has no feelings, especially remorse and mercy.

I'll join. This reminds me of d&d, but on steroids.

Chera

[spoiler=Character Sheet]Attributes (7 points to divide between the first three, 5 between the last two)

Speed:3

Attack:2

Defense:2

Willpower:2

Balance:3

Specialization: (Choose between Combo, Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Damage Avoided and AP)AP

Special Moves (AP cost = Number of symbols + 1)

[Name] Dissuade

1 AP - Symbol: Charm

Chera's eyes gleam, dealing no damage, but making foes lose interest in fighting her.

[Name] Soul Drag

2 AP + 2Sp- Symbol Continuous Damage

Chera's will for you to die activates, slowly crushing the soul of her opponent.

[Name] Gravity Throw

6 AP - Symbol Push

Chera begins to throw everything she wants dead into anything, whether that be the ground, allies, or the sky.

Super Moves (AP cost = Number of symbols, +4SP)

[Name] Soul Absorbsion

10 AP - Symbol Vampiric

She auguments her soul crush even further. She literally starts to absorb her foes life, giving her a temporary true physical form.

Bonus Points (Can give up the free ability symbol at the start to get 1 point)

Speed:1

Attack:

Defense:

Abilities (1 free symbol) continuous damage

[spoiler=Character AP]

Appearance: Chera is translucent. She doesn't know why, but she looks demented. Her eyes are pure red, her hair a golden brown, usually with a golden flower in it. She always looks hungry . She looks as if she's young, but she was 11 when Their came. Most of the time she has a gold flower A shirt (sleeveless) with green shorts. She always is pale.

Backstory: She was once normal, but that changed the day the Their came. She was changed after a beam caused by the Their affected her mind and body. She was suddenly filled with the desire to kill everyone and everything in her path. The More she killed, the more translucent she became. She eventually lost the ability to wield weapons, but gained magic. She found someone who knew of a place called the Burning Plains. She, with the man, knew that it was time to resume feasting on souls.

Personality: Chera is terrifying in her physical form, wielding a knife. She normally is descesive, playing people into doing what she wants. Once you know what she wants, though, she is easy to manipulate. She can be demented, blood thirsty, charming, or sad(both real and fake). But other than those, she has no feelings, especially remorse and mercy.

Hello! I'm glad to have you on board.

I'd definitely accept your app, but there are some things you need to fix. Firstly, the AP costs and effects on Chera's moves are completely wrong. The cost is determined by the number of symbols a move has: for a Special, it's the number of Symbols + 1, while for a Super, it's the number of symbols + 4SP.

So, the costs would be this:

[spoiler=Chera's moves]Dissuade

2 AP - Symbol: Charm

Chera's eyes gleam, dealing no damage, but making foes lose interest in fighting her

Btw, Charm doesn't make the oppnent lose interest in fighting you, it simply makes it so that they can't counterattack or use rerolls against that attack. If you want to make an attack that deals no damage, there is the ZeroDamage symbol, which also reduces its AP cost by 1 (but AP cost can never go below 1)

Soul Drag

2 AP - Symbol Continuous Damage

Chera's will for you to die activates, slowly crushing the soul of her opponent.

Gravity Throw

2 AP - Symbol Push

Chera begins to throw everything she wants dead into anything, whether that be the ground, allies, or the sky.

(Push only pushes an enemy horizontally, so an attack that throws an enemy to the ground would need Knock Down, and an attack that throws an enemy in the sky would need Throw)

Soul Absorbsion

1 AP + 4 SP - Symbol Vampiric

She auguments her soul crush even further. She literally starts to absorb her foes life, giving her a temporary true physical form.

Also, the bonus point is only if you sacrifice your starting ability. You can gain more bonus points and/or abilities during the RP.

There's also the issue that from the way you've described her, Chera has pretty much already abandoned her humanity entirely. She should be one of Them, now.

I'm not exactly against letting people play one of Them, but it could quickly become rather complicated because, well, she and the other characters will want to kill each other. If you feel like doing it anyway, we can have a chat in private (or on Skype), and see if we can make it work.

Hello! I'm glad to have you on board.

I'd definitely accept your app, but there are some things you need to fix. Firstly, the AP costs and effects on Chera's moves are completely wrong. The cost is determined by the number of symbols a move has: for a Special, it's the number of Symbols + 1, while for a Super, it's the number of symbols + 4SP.

So, the costs would be this:

[spoiler=Chera's moves]Dissuade

2 AP - Symbol: Charm

Chera's eyes gleam, dealing no damage, but making foes lose interest in fighting her

Btw, Charm doesn't make the oppnent lose interest in fighting you, it simply makes it so that they can't counterattack or use rerolls against that attack. If you want to make an attack that deals no damage, there is the ZeroDamage symbol, which also reduces its AP cost by 1 (but AP cost can never go below 1)

Soul Drag

2 AP - Symbol Continuous Damage

Gravity Throw

2 AP - Symbol Push

(Push only pushes an enemy horizontally, so an attack that throws an enemy to the ground would need Knock Down, and an attack that throws an enemy in the sky would need Throw)

Soul Absorbsion

1 AP + 4 SP - Symbol Vampiric

Also, the bonus point is only if you sacrifice your starting ability. You can gain more bonus points and/or abilities during the RP.

There's also the issue that from the way you've described her, Chera has pretty much already abandoned her humanity entirely. She should be one of Them, now.

I'm not exactly against letting people play one of Them, but it could quickly become rather complicated because, well, she and the other characters will want to kill each other. If you feel like doing it anyway, we can have a chat in private (or on Skype), and see if we can make it work.

Let's do private chat. I don't own skype.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, while I wait, if I may ask, is their going to be a fight that breaks out in this Supermarket? Or is that a surprise?

Well, there will be a fight. Sorry for the delays, it seems that people are busy. I don't intend to close the RP, though, even if the pace has slowed to near-immobility. People might want to get back to posting once they're less busy.

Archived