Brilliant Alien

Bringerofcake

70YmuPj.jpg

I'm not sure if I've crammed too many engines in here, because the extra is full to bursting with stuff. Engine cards get targets for Ammonite in grave so that gol'gar can bounce BriFu and do it all over again. Instant Fusion means that Trish access is a snap, and Thesus can go with Gol'gar to make Tzolkin/CWSD. I feel like there's something missing to give the deck an extra push to make it really nuts, but I'm not sure where it is.

Alien Dog looks a bit mediocre in your build, because although you have Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar, Code A Ancient Ruins and Mysterious Triangle to make use of the "A" Counters it places, there isn't a lot you can use it for once it's on the field. You can synch into Hastorr, but that is fairly easy for your opponent to play around, or you can make Trishula with Seraphinite (by milling Dog with Brilliant Fusion) which is awesome, but that also means you aren't making Gol'gar or Ultimaya Tzolkin.

One cool combo you can do with Alien Dog that might fit nicely into this build is: Normal Summon Ammonite to Speical Summon a Level 4 and Alien Dog, then Synchro Summon into Gol'gar. Then use Code A Ancient Ruins (removing counters placed by Dog or Gol'gar) to summon Ammonite, then Synchro Summon Crystron Quandax. That allows you to then Synchro Summon Crystron Phoenix on your opponent's turn (or immediately if you want to)! It's pretty awesome to do vs Pendulums. If you were going to do this I'd drop a King of the Feral Imps and Hastorr for the 2 Crystrons.

I also think 3 Shocktroopers seems a bit overkill seeing as you aren't running Rescue Rabbit and only 2 Unexpected Dai. I feel like a third Code A Ancinet Ruins would be a good replacement for 1 of them.

So yeah I hope that helped and have fun :)

I was literally just reading the Alien article on the Org this morning and realizing that Theseus helped make Ulti-Crystal Wing. It's pretty funny seeing this deck right after.

I do have a few questions/suggestions though...

-How often are you going into King of Feral Imps?

-Are you able to get off Gol'Gar's bounce effect consistently? (it just looks like a small pool of bouncable stuff)

-Space is tight, but do you think the Extra could benefit from R3s?

-Gem-Knight Lazuli over Garnet?

Other than that, I think the Org's article had some interesting suggestions if Synchro-spamming was your goal.

I basically liked what tyretian said, so I'm making the changes. They're small but practicable.

I also dropped Overlord for a third unexpected dai. Overlord's level is all wrong and doesn't help me in any practical way. More Dai is better than rabbit since if I open a single shock rabbit dies, and Dai can let me get Garnet in a pinch.

As far as Tinkerer's questions:

Between Dais and Norden, I'm going into King at least once per game, and it really helps put cards where they need to be (Garnet out of the hand, Aliens in grave, Ammonite/Dog in hand)

Gol'gar doesn't get the bounce effect off too often on my own cards very often. I'm thinking the bump up of Code "A" will help rectify that to some degree.

The extra could maybe benefit from R3 if I can find a way to incorporate banishing monsters into the build. Leviair could be a potentially strong choice that would help extend plays while making the plants not just sit there on the board.

Lazuli I'm not too fond of, since the R3 pool for this deck is meh and Garnet, as said above, can make King of Feral.

Honestly I feel more willing to take my chances on drawing into BriFu and dropping my numbers on the IFs and killing the Predaplant build entirely. It eats up too much advantage and room for what it does.

As far as Tinkerer's questions:

Between Dais and Norden, I'm going into King at least once per game, and it really helps put cards where they need to be (Garnet out of the hand, Aliens in grave, Ammonite/Dog in hand)

Gol'gar doesn't get the bounce effect off too often on my own cards very often. I'm thinking the bump up of Code "A" will help rectify that to some degree.

The extra could maybe benefit from R3 if I can find a way to incorporate banishing monsters into the build. Leviair could be a potentially strong choice that would help extend plays while making the plants not just sit there on the board.

Lazuli I'm not too fond of, since the R3 pool for this deck is meh and Garnet, as said above, can make King of Feral.

Cool. I was curious on the King of Feral Imps especially because having 2 seemed much if you couldn't go into them consistently. 1 of them would be the first to go if you wanted to free up space.

The R3 question was an extension of cutting out 1 Feral and it would give some mileage out of the Preda Engine and Alien Dog.

Gem-Knight Lazuli is the effect monster that adds Normal Monsters to the hand, not the level 3 one. Only suggested it as a way to add back Shocktrooper to benefit from the extra NS.

If you ARE dropping the Preda Engine though, might I suggest adding Mausoleum of White? Mausoleum lets you NS Ammonite in addition to your NS/Set + it can dump Shocktrooper + Its a face-up Spell (for Gol'Gar).

Cool. I was curious on the King of Feral Imps especially because having 2 seemed much if you couldn't go into them consistently. 1 of them would be the first to go if you wanted to free up space.

The R3 question was an extension of cutting out 1 Feral and it would give some mileage out of the Preda Engine and Alien Dog.

Gem-Knight Lazuli is the effect monster that adds Normal Monsters to the hand, not the level 3 one. Only suggested it as a way to add back Shocktrooper to benefit from the extra NS.

If you ARE dropping the Preda Engine though, might I suggest adding Mausoleum of White? Mausoleum lets you NS Ammonite in addition to your NS/Set + it can dump Shocktrooper + Its a face-up Spell (for Gol'Gar).

Lol got Lapis and Lazuli confused. I'll give it a try, but my concern is that it might just end up bricking more than garnet. Honestly the Maus build is one I've been looking at for a while, and I like the idea more than the preda build. I'll play around with some things.

I'm wondering why not a 3rd "Recombination Device" since it can mill an Alien for Ammonite plus gets you a search. Granted, it needs a face-up monster on the field to be live, but that shouldn't be a difficult condition to fulfill to run 3 copies... or is it?

Break Sword and Grampulse should be solid Rank3 choices if Leviair is not as practical to tech in.

I remember that Aliens, as an anti-meta tactic, took advantage of Deck Lockdown by bouncing it with Gol'gar during their turn and activating it again to lock the opponent's upcoming turn. Maybe you could give it a try and see how far it takes you.

With that many Level5s in the deck a Rank5 may be handy, just so you can do something with a Seraphinite + a Level5 Synchro and Theseus isn't available.

Sage of Eyes of Blue can grab Ammonite, too, and may work nicely with Mausoleum of White if you are taking that approach.

Archived