Inactivity

Harrison H

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so correct me if I'm wrong

Once again being the old guy in the corner reminiscing about the way things use to be...

But is it just me or do these forums not seem to be as active anymore as what they were 4 or so years ago. I get it that people come and go but, what could be hours until someone posts a comment on a card is now days

Also noticing a lot of written cards, not sure how I feel about that...

The inactivity in CC can be attributed to a few things:

• Cardmaker's automatic Imgur upload has been broken since March, so it becomes more of a pain to post stuff. 
  • It's school season again, so a lot of us are busy with exams and whatnot. 
  • A lot of people have taken to the Discord channel (yeah, there exist a few members who're posting their stuff over there on a very frequent basis). I can't say the comments are of proper quality though.
  • The Advanced Clause may be a slight deterrent, but in actuality, should be relatively easy to fulfill if you back your claims up. 

As for everywhere else, yeah, a lot of the discussion (including TCG) goes to the Discord chat nowadays because it's faster. Showcase is generally dead nowadays due to the usual vets posting stuff far and in-between.

====

I suppose one can say that a chunk of the discussion that would normally go on this forum has transferred to the chat; least stuff that isn't Miscellaneous and RPs. 

Another big thing: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isnt as popular as it used to be.

So upon seeing this thread, I had this idea that there was another cardmaker that was actually up to date (with pendulums) since I remember Yugico or some site being a thing and stealing some of our traffic a few years back. But from the cursory glance I just took, it seems YCM's the only site to easily make YGO cards right now.

I think that might be it honestly. From my time here in 2009 compared to being here in 2017, the game's completely transformed into something different.

YGO's actually at a high point, especially because CFV has been f***ing itself over lately, leaving Magic to be its only real competitor. HS/Shadowverse/Duelyst aren't the same market as YGO, just Duel Links.

What is CFV?  I thought the three TCG titans were Magic, YGO, and Pokemon.

So upon seeing this thread, I had this idea that there was another cardmaker that was actually up to date (with pendulums) since I remember Yugico or some site being a thing and stealing some of our traffic a few years back. But from the cursory glance I just took, it seems YCM's the only site to easily make YGO cards right now.

I think that might be it honestly. From my time here in 2009 compared to being here in 2017, the game's completely transformed into something different.

Yea, I hate how the game has taken a "battle at warp speed" approach recently.  I loved the old days of long drawn out battles, where a single draw could turn the tide of the duel.  Now it's like, "you killed all my monsters with dark hole?  Thanks, gonna do this and that and bing bong, I got 2 synchros, and xyz, and 2 high level effect monsters out."

What is CFV?  I thought the three TCG titans were Magic, YGO, and Pokemon.

Yea, I hate how the game has taken a "battle at warp speed" approach recently.  I loved the old days of long drawn out battles, where a single draw could turn the tide of the duel.  Now it's like, "you killed all my monsters with dark hole?  Thanks, gonna do this and that and bing bong, I got 2 synchros, and xyz, and 2 high level effect monsters out."

CFV = Cardfight Vanguard. 

Not too sure if the spinoff (Buddyfight) counts in here, but from my understanding, it's similar in playstyle. (I may be wrong about this)

BT02-004EN_RRR.jpg

Yeah, TCGEditor's the one that offers Pendulums (it's still linked as a sticky thread in General). A lot of members use it to make Pendulums, considering YCM still can't do this. 

Yugico's gone now, so in terms of online cardmaking, yeah this is it. 

Archived