Irongrippingjackal (WRITTEN)

Mikname

Name: Irongrippingjackal

Level: 4

Attribute: Earth

Type: Machine/Effect

Effect: When this Card is summoned you can special summon a Level 4 or lower Monster from your Hand to your side on the field. When this Card leaves the field you can choose another type machine Monster in your graveyard and take it back to your Hand.

ATK 1800

DEF 1600

I find it interesting how this card dodges being useful for the deck that would most want to use it: ABC Dragon Deck.

Other than that, I'm not very knowledgeable about Geargias or new Ancient Gear cards to know exactly what this card is best for.

I don't like its interaction with Karakuris though, since you are giving them a monster retrieval on top of the shenanigans they already do with their Synchros.

Outside of Machine decks, it is only a Goblindberg so not much else.. Oh, and I just noticed it has very solid stats for a Level 4, which is nice.

This isn't a "fix" suggestion, but maybe if it had another edge. A different Level or a Level/ATK modifying effect of some sort. Oh I know. How about this effect on top of what you have?

Also, if the monster Summoned this way is a Machine-Type monster in Defense Position, this card gains its ATK, until the End Phase.

^It pins the monster down and becomes a bigger beater, encouraging it to become something other than just Xyz food.

Just throwing that idea out there.

It has a couple of advantages, actually. The effect activates on any Summon so if you revive it you get to drop a Machine from the hand, or make a chain with Tin Goldfish --> This --> Level4. The floating effect acts nicely as backup in Machine decks should your Extra Deck play with this card be interrupted. An all-around good card, IMO.

Text fix:

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. When this card leaves the field: You can choose (target?) another Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Archived