YCM's "GCM" Project: a remake

Darj

That could work. A monster searcher that places the monster on the field in exchange of waiting some turns. It occurs to me that it could take more turns depending on the number of Tributes it would require for its Normal Summon.

By the way, it is also an option to give it more than 1 effect, preferably 1 on activation and another while in the grave, so we can mix & match the suggested ideas so far, properly tweaking them, of course.

Okay, though how would that be worded?

Yeah! In fact, we can even integrate your effect for the Graveyard effect.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, though how would that be worded?

Yeah! In fact, we can even integrate your effect for the Graveyard effect.

To write it, we can take some tips from Time Magic Hammer and state the monster is summoned after the Nth Standby Phase, where (N = number of Tributes required for its Normal Summon + 1):

Banish from your Deck 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set. During the Standby Phase of the Nth turn after this effect's activation, Special Summon that monster. (N = number of Tributes required for the Normal Summon of that monster + 1)

Hmm, I was waiting for comment of the other participants, but looks like it won't be happening soon.

I stated we will only have 3 Blanks up to discussion at any time, but since Blank #1 is already done, then yeah, I will put that one in the OP.

Well, there is no consensus for Blanks #2 and 3# yet, so I will go on the #4:

To star with, it definitely gives me a vibe of Nyarla and the other entities, so support for that set would be welcomed. Maybe something that allows you swap 1 Entity monster card type (Fusion, Xyz, Synchro) for another one? Turning Norden into, let's say, Hastorr. Of course, on Xyzs, would be neat to include a way to give them a Xyz Material, if not outright Xyz evolve it over the Entity.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, also dropping a proposal of effect for Blank #4:

Spell Card

Type: Quick-Play

Tribute 1 "Entity" monster; Special Summon 1 "Entity" monster from your Extra Deck with a different monster card type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz) from that monster's, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material if it is an Xyz Monster. (This Special Summon is treated as an appropriate Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon). You can only activate 1 [card name] once per turn.

well technically i want to avoid to getting my own blank done by myself  but since the activities are really scare....

Ascension of Madness

Continuous Spell card

You can Shuffle 5 cards in your Graveyard that has "Elder Entity" , "Old Entity" , "Outer Entity" in its name(s) and/or listed in its card text: Draw 2 card. you can only active this effect of "Ascension of Madness". when you would Synchro Summon an "Old Entity" Synchro Monster you can use an "Outer Entity" Xyz Monster you control as a Tuner for that Summon using Half of its Rank (rounded down) as if it were a Level (even if this card leaves the field).

It's fine to work on our own card, as long as you don't make it yourself entirely xD

As for that effect, I'm not convinced. Getting 5 "Entity" cards in the grave will be a pain, even with the assistance of Mega Zaborg; and supporting only the Entity Synchros is... IDK, it excludes the others, and that feels unfair.

If there are no objections, I propose that Blank #2's name be Ocean Melody, its ATK is fine as 400, DEF at 2500, and its effect is fine as it is.

And for Blank #3, if there are no further objections, the "Banish from your Deck 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set. During the Standby Phase of the Nth turn after this effect's activation, Special Summon that monster. (N = number of Tributes required for the Normal Summon of that monster + 1)",

effect should be its effect, and perhaps even adding in your originally proposed effect as second effect that activates by banishing itself from the Graveyard except during the turn it was sent.

What name do you think it should be? I was thinking of something with the prefix "Chrono" in it.

If there are no objections, I propose that Blank #2's name be Ocean Melody, its ATK is fine as 400, DEF at 2500, and its effect is fine as it is.

And for Blank #3, if there are no further objections, the "Banish from your Deck 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set. During the Standby Phase of the Nth turn after this effect's activation, Special Summon that monster. (N = number of Tributes required for the Normal Summon of that monster + 1)",

effect should be its effect, and perhaps even adding in your originally proposed effect as second effect that activates by banishing itself from the Graveyard except during the turn it was sent.

What name do you think it should be? I was thinking of something with the prefix "Chrono" in it.

Well then, since you own Blank #2, I have to ask you to update it accordingly and share the link/image so I can put it in the OP.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that effect, but not sure if adding the effect-delaying effect as a grave effect would be too much, due to the versatility it acquires. I have not thought on a name yet, either; Megamaw's idea may be silly, but also funny so IMO that one can work too if others support it.

Well then, since you own Blank #2, I have to ask you to update it accordingly and share the link/image so I can put it in the OP.

And here it is!

Sl5V86L.png

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that effect, but not sure if adding the effect-delaying effect as a grave effect would be too much, due to the versatility it acquires.

I'd say it's fine.

I have not thought on a name yet, either; Megamaw's idea may be silly, but also funny so IMO that one can work too if others support it.

My name proposition: Chronocall, Chronormal Summon, or Delayed Summon.

Updated Ocean Melody. Tempted to dropping it on CC for comments and reviews because IMO it's really good, maybe a bit too good xD

And yeah, vote for Chronormal Summon as name for Blank #3; although I'm interested in reading the thoughts of the blank's owner.

To recap:

Chronormal Summon

Spell Card

Banish from your Deck 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set. During the Standby Phase of the/your Nth turn after this effect's activation, Special Summon that monster. (N = number of Tributes required for the Normal Summon of that monster + 1). During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, when an effect is activated: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; that effect will apply at the End Phase of this turn.

Thoughts on changed "the turn" to "your turn"? On one hand, counting the opponent's turn could make it too fast for what it does; although, on the other hand, any monster that requires 0 or 2 Tributes would be summoned during the opponent's turns, enabling different interactions. For example, you wouldn't be able to use that monster to attack or as fodder for a Summon, but you can still take advantage of floodgate effects and quick effects.

Updated Ocean Melody. Tempted to dropping it on CC for comments and reviews because IMO it's really good, maybe a bit too good xD

And yeah, vote for Chronormal Summon as name for Blank #3; although I'm interested in reading the thoughts of the blank's owner.

To recap:

Chronormal Summon

Spell Card

Banish from your Deck 1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set. During the Standby Phase of the/your Nth turn after this effect's activation, Special Summon that monster. (N = number of Tributes required for the Normal Summon of that monster + 1). During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, when an effect is activated: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; that effect will apply at the End Phase of this turn.

Thoughts on changed "the turn" to "your turn"? On one hand, counting the opponent's turn could make it too fast for what it does; although, on the other hand, any monster that requires 0 or 2 Tributes would be summoned during the opponent's turns, enabling different interactions. For example, you wouldn't be able to use that monster to attack or as fodder for a Summon, but you can still take advantage of floodgate effects and quick effects.

Well, I recall, Dr. Jolly Glot the III is the original owner of Blank #3, and he's in agreement for the name Chronormal Summon.

Also, the link in your original post doesn't show the image. You need another one?

6hcoAj1.png

Well, I recall, Dr. Jolly Glot the III is the original owner of Blank #3, and he's in agreement for the name Chronormal Summon.

Also, the link in your original post doesn't show the image. You need another one?

Ah. No, I didn't put the IMG tags for the code.

An the owner is actually TheKing070701, but he has not been active here lately.

I want to say that if a blank owner isn't active on the thread or at the very least doesn't update his/her blank on a reasonable time, I will just leave it as Written Card with the unfinished picture and open the slot for another blank to move on.

Ah. No, I didn't put the IMG tags for the code.

An the owner is actually TheKing070701, but he has not been active here lately.

I want to say that if a blank owner isn't active on the thread or at the very least doesn't update his/her blank on a reasonable time, I will just leave it as Written Card with the unfinished picture and open the slot for another blank to move on.

Fair enough. Also, next blank:

oqFXyPC.png

Alright then.

Let's see. The artwork appears to be a sort of Shrine Maiden + a reaper; I like it already. Some may say it's a bit too anime-ish, but I'm cool with such kind of arts and it's not that different to Dark Magician Girl and other cards that also look like taken out from an anime.

Really wish it was a Monster card though, but it can be worked with as a Trap; besides, it can always be turned into a Trap Monster, either Continuous or Paleozoic style.

Due to the scythe and Shrine maiden appearance, a sealing effect comes to mind. Perhaps something on the lines of "Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell" but of course buffed and adapted to tackle the modern metas?

I'm feeling evil right now so I will throw the next ideas:

[insert card name here]

Trap Card

Type: Counter

When your opponent activates a card, or the effect of a card, that was added to its hand by a card effect, except by drawing it, or sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. If you opponent activates a card, or the effect of a card, with the same name as a card that was negated by [insert card name effect here]; Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 5~6/ATK X/DEF 2000~2300). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, while this card is face-up on the field, the effects of cards with the same name as cards negated by [insert card name here] are negated.

Alright then.

Let's see. The artwork appears to be a sort of Shrine Maiden + a reaper; I like it already. Some may say it's a bit too anime-ish, but I'm cool with such kind of arts and it's not that different to Dark Magician Girl and other cards that also look like taken out from an anime.

Really wish it was a Monster card though, but it can be worked with as a Trap; besides, it can always be turned into a Trap Monster, either Continuous or Paleozoic style.

Due to the scythe and Shrine maiden appearance, a sealing effect comes to mind. Perhaps something on the lines of "Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell" but of course buffed and adapted to tackle the modern metas?

I'm feeling evil right now so I will throw the next ideas:

[insert card name here]

Trap Card

Type: Counter

When your opponent activates a card, or the effect of a card, that was added to its hand by a card effect, except by drawing it, or sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. If you opponent activates a card, or the effect of a card, with the same name as a card that was negated by [insert card name effect here]; Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 5~6/ATK X/DEF 2000~2300). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, while this card is face-up on the field, the effects of cards with the same name as cards negated by [insert card name here] are negated.

I like it. Negation that doesn't have a cost, and is only conditional if the card in question was added by a card effect or sent to the Graveyard. Hindering your opponent's searching payoffs. And a potential Special Summon. However, you can cut the "except by drawing it" part. If it was added by a draw card, it should be negated, too.

I like it. Negation that doesn't have a cost, and is only conditional if the card in question was added by a card effect or sent to the Graveyard. Hindering your opponent's searching payoffs. And a potential Special Summon. However, you can cut the "except by drawing it" part. If it was added by a draw card, it should be negated, too.

I wanted to negate cards drawn by effects too, actually, but then I realized there would be some conflicts when trying to confirm that a card was indeed drawn by an effect, because in most cases they aren't revealed and thus aren't public knowledge.

By the way, note the suggested Summon effect is mandatory, so that at least gives the opponent the possibility of baiting or playing around in somehow.

And the owner is actually TheKing070701, but he has not been active here lately.

Sorry about that. I've been a bit busy in the RP section and I haven't gone over to the card design section in a while.

To recap:

Chronormal Summon

Spell Card

As for Chronormal Summon, I do like it. Although I envisioned it as something that would delay an effect(which the second effect does), the first effect is actually pretty neat. The part with "1 monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set.' was a great idea because if it didn't have the Set part, someone could use this card to easily summon 1 of the Egyptian God cards. This card reminds me a bit of Gold Sarcophagus with the banishing then summoning the monster(instead of adding the card to your hand) after a turn or two. Also, I think it should be 'your turn' and not 'the turn', because depending on the monster you summon, it could get completely destroyed by your opponent during their turn.  All in all, I like what you guys thought up and decided for this card.(Sorry if my thoughts on the card are sort of bad. I'm not that good with card reviews.)

And also, I will make the full card with the effects and everything if you need me to.

I wanted to negate cards drawn by effects too, actually, but then I realized there would be some conflicts when trying to confirm that a card was indeed drawn by an effect, because in most cases they aren't revealed and thus aren't public knowledge.

By the way, note the suggested Summon effect is mandatory, so that at least gives the opponent the possibility of baiting or playing around in somehow.

I don't really think it needs to be mandatory. Given how conditional the card can be.

Archived