YCM's "GCM" Project: a remake

Darj

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... yeah, I guess it can get away without the mandatory clause.

Any thoughts on the Entity support Spell?

Tribute 1 "Entity" monster; Special Summon 1 "Entity" monster from your Extra Deck with a different monster card type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz) from that monster's, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material if it is an Xyz Monster. (This Special Summon is treated as an appropriate Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon). You can only activate 1 [card name] once per turn.

I like the effect you proposed. Especially given how hard it is to bring out more than one "Entity" monster. Or how about giving it an option like "Activate 1 of the following effects", which has one that manipulates Level, one with Tuner, one to Fusion Summon, ect.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops, kinda forgot to keep the thread going, so bringing it up now; hope it's not too late.

Anyway, not quite sure what you mean with that suggestion on the Entity Spell, Nyx. Perhaps a a grave effect that applies on any monster, to give the card some degree of splashability?

By the way, those who submitted blanks, I would appreciate a ton if you update them and threw the images/links here so I can update the OP.

Whoops, kinda forgot to keep the thread going, so bringing it up now; hope it's not too late.

Anyway, not quite sure what you mean with that suggestion on the Entity Spell, Nyx. Perhaps a a grave effect that applies on any monster, to give the card some degree of splashability?

By the way, those who submitted blanks, I would appreciate a ton if you update them and threw the images/links here so I can update the OP.

I mean like this:

Activate 1 of the following effects:

● Target 1 monster you control and declare 1 Level between 1 and 4; its Level becomes the declared Level.

● Target 1 monster you control. If the target is a Tuner monster, it can be treated as a non-Tuner monster. If the target is a non-Tuner monster, it can be treated as a Tuner monster.

● Fusion Summon 1 "Elder Entity" monster from your Extra Deck by sending the materials from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard. While your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster: You can also use monsters from your Graveyard, but they are banished instead.

Perhaps not exactly like that, but similar premise.

I've never done this before, but I checked out the OP and was intrigued. I didn't really read the whole thread so I apologize in advance if work is already in progress, but after looking at the blanks I came up with an idea for the Blank #4 Field Spell from the image.

Idk about the name, so you guys can come up with that as much as you like. 

Name: -

Type: Field Spell

Effect: All monsters on the field lose 500 ATK and DEF, except DARK monsters. If a monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Slime? Token" (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to its controller's opponent's side of the field. While either player controls a Token, neither player target cards on the field with card effects, except Tokens.  Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you must pay 500 Life Points, or this card is destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...

It is as dead as the participants, really xD

Like, I can comment on every suggestion and entry, but it's awkward when I'm the only one, so sometimes I wait for others to give their input so I don't end up taking any spotlight, but that has not been happening.

Anyway, will update the card for Blank #3 and declare it done if there are no objections, and afterwards open a slot for Card #6.

I mean like this:

Activate 1 of the following effects:

● Target 1 monster you control and declare 1 Level between 1 and 4; its Level becomes the declared Level.

● Target 1 monster you control. If the target is a Tuner monster, it can be treated as a non-Tuner monster. If the target is a non-Tuner monster, it can be treated as a Tuner monster.

● Fusion Summon 1 "Elder Entity" monster from your Extra Deck by sending the materials from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard. While your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster: You can also use monsters from your Graveyard, but they are banished instead.

Perhaps not exactly like that, but similar premise.

I see. So the idea is a card that give access to most of the entities. To be honest, not a big fan of it because it remains convoluted. For summoning a Synchro or Xyz Entity, you still need the other half to match, and if you are running those entities in your Extra Deck, chances are your deck is already designed to Summon them without the assistance of Level and/or Tuner conversion effects. And the Fusioning effect... well, Norden may get the axe, and Nt'ss has a Nomi contact Fusion clause so... yeah, it would have o Entities to Summon xD Sure, you can add the "ignoring Summoning conditions" clause for dropping Ntss, but still, feels like an application that it's too limited and I would rather try another approach.

On the other hand, I can see this card enabling silly combos in Synchro-centric decks with the 1st and 2nd effects and that may or may not be cool due to the capabilities of such playstyle. inb4 triple Quasar shenanigans :v

I've never done this before, but I checked out the OP and was intrigued. I didn't really read the whole thread so I apologize in advance if work is already in progress, but after looking at the blanks I came up with an idea for the Blank #4 Field Spell from the image.

Idk about the name, so you guys can come up with that as much as you like. 

Name: -

Type: Field Spell

Effect: All monsters on the field lose 500 ATK and DEF, except DARK monsters. If a monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Slime? Token" (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to its controller's opponent's side of the field. While either player controls a Token, neither player target cards on the field with card effects, except Tokens.  Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you must pay 500 Life Points, or this card is destroyed.

You are fine, we are still throwing ideas for Blank #4.

As for your idea, it is an interesting one but... isn't it a bit too similar to "Lost World"? xD

I mean, I'm not against "rehashing" ideas as even I have suggested myself here ideas inspired from existing effects (e.g. Housemaster has a banish version of Firestorm Guard/Pot of Avarice/etc.), but in this case... it feels too evident. Like, the formula is pretty much the same as Lost World's and IMO we can be more creative than that.

Archived