[WARNING] - High Voltage!

BatMed

[spoiler=Thunder Rider]
thunder_rider_by_batmed-d97n685.png

dot_0006_green_by_drache_lehre-d7z752k.p Effect:
You can reveal this card and another Thunder-Type monster in your hand: This turn; you can Normal Summon 1 Thunder-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If this card is Special Summoned, target 1 Thunder-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, and if you do, you Normal Summon 1 Thunder-Type monster with 1600 or less ATK from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Thunder Rider" once per turn.

[spoiler=Thunder Lord Rai Tho]
thunder_king_rai_tho_by_batmed-d97l50a.p

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 Thunder-Type monster with 1600 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, except "Thunder Lord Rai-Tho". If exactly 1 card your opponent controls is destroyed, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Thunder-Type monsters. You can only use 1 “Thunder Lord Rai-Tho” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=Mjolnir]
mjolnir_by_batmed-d97ldlw.png

While equipped to a non-Thunder-Type monster, the equipped monster loses 500 ATK, also its effects are negated. A Thunder-Type monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK, also if it's Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, if the equipped monster destroys an opponent’s monster (either by battle or by its own effect): You can discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Thunder-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of "Mjolnir" once per turn. There can only be 1 face-up “Mjolnir” on the field.

[spoiler=Thor, the Mighty Thunder Lord]
thor_the_mighty_thunder_lord_by_batmed-d

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 “Mjolnir” from your Deck to your hand. Other Thunder-Type monsters you control gains 500 ATK during the damage step only. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Thunder-Type monster in your hand or field; destroy it, and if you do, target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target and inflict 500 Damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

[spoiler=Thunder Lord Akuma Rai]
thunder_lord_akuma_rai_by_batmed-d8uh7s0

2 Level 4 Thunder-Type monsters

If this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead, then destroy 1 card your opponent controls. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 of these effects.

● Add 1 Thunder-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

● Target 1 Thunder-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use each effect of "Thunder Lord Akuma-Rai" once per turn.

I wanted to give Thunders some love because they really deserve/need it. They got some pretty cool cards: The thunder family, Rai-Oh, Denko Sekka, Zap Mustung, Vylon Prism, Thunder Dragon, etc. So the cards above are here to make Thunders be a META! (I hope x3), so let's about them:
Thunder Rider is a great add to the Thunder Family, since "Brohunder" is by far the only legitimate searcher Thunders got (we don't talk about Thunder Sea Horse). So the combo is: Summon Mu-Pahunder, then NS brohunder, add Rider with bro's effect, use rider effect and reveal another Thunder in your hand: Now you are seraphenited!
Thunder Lord Rai Tho is your mvp, NS either with your Normal Summon or with Pa-Mahunder, SS another Thunder from the Deck: Now this, this is beautiful, if you choose to SS Raider, now you can activate its 2nd effect, salvage a thunder and gain an Extra Summon, again! (remember, Rai tho disable any SS from the Deck, unless it's a Thunder!)

Keep in mind that both "Rai Tho" and "Rider" don't support "Thunder-King" and "Denko"

Thor and Akuma-Rai are both Extra Deck options for Thunders, Thor is Drident, who Trigger Rai-Tho second effect. Akuma-Rai is a nice card that boost-up the speed of Thunder plays.

Mjolnir cause why not! It boost your Thunders ATK, and if they were SS monsters they got protection AND you can also use it on your opponent's monsters, destroy them, then re-equip it to a Thunder monster you control!.

[yay/nay]

Personally, not a fan of Mjolnir and Thor. Lore-wise it kinds of conflicts with the existing "Thor, Lord of the Aesir". And destroying cards as cost isn't a thing in YGO; destruction is done by effects and maintenance costs. To simulate it as a cost, you should take an approach like Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Metalfoes, etc.

Akuma-Rai looks bland to me; I cannot but compare it as an attempt of "Zoodiac Drancia" for Thunders.

The Maindeck monsters look quite solid. They can lead to big Level4 Thunder spam, but that's what Thunders do so it goes with their theme.

Personally, not a fan of Mjolnir and Thor. Lore-wise it kinds of conflicts with the existing "Thor, Lord of the Aesir". And destroying cards as cost isn't a thing in YGO; destruction is done by effects and maintenance costs. To simulate it as a cost, you should take an approach like Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Metalfoes, etc.

Akuma-Rai looks bland to me; I cannot but compare it as an attempt of "Zoodiac Drancia" for Thunders.

The Maindeck monsters look quite solid. They can lead to big Level4 Thunder spam, but that's what Thunders do so it goes with their theme.

You were right xP Akuma-Rai wasn't original at all so I remake it into something more playable. Also I fixed Thor's wording.

Archived