Significant Other(s)

ÆƵ–

some other names include date mate, partner, (insertgenderhere)friend, and so on. Discuss the concept of them, your actual one(s) or anything related to them. 

Me first.

:444815_key: I just want to know if he's safe  :444815_key:

even if we break up as soon as I find out I don't care I just want him to be safe

I've been texting him a lot and in all honesty I'm fairly sure he's not getting them

I guess me texting him is a sort of coping method

Alright enough of me how about y'all?

I get attached too quickly, and have trouble perceiving flaws in the person I am infatuated with, so literally every instance of me having a significant other has gone up in flames.

I don't particularly want to be in a relationship, so I'm not seeking out a partner, but you damn well know I will be recklessly courageous when I find someone I am actually interested in.

some other names include date mate, partner, (insertgenderhere)friend, and so on. Discuss the concept of them, your actual one(s) or anything related to them. 

Me first.

:444815_key: I just want to know if he's safe  :444815_key:

even if we break up as soon as I find out I don't care I just want him to be safe

I've been texting him a lot and in all honesty I'm fairly sure he's not getting them

I guess me texting him is a sort of coping method

Alright enough of me how about y'all?

Maybe my reading of the cards would tell me about my future *hint hint*

(I may or may not elaborate further when I get on my laptop.)

So, I've had two girlfriends in my life so far. Older YCMers will probably know my first one by the username Spike. We started going out almost four years ago. While our relationship technically lasted three months, we remained good friends for some time until I became too much of a burden on her.

My second girlfriend also was a previous member of YCM, though she was new at the time and didn't post often either. We talked through PM for a month before we started a relationship that lasted for three years and one month. At times, it felt like our relationship would come to an end for one reason or another, but we persevered. I hoped that we would eventually see each other in person, but that never came to be. The last time I heard from her was on my 21st birthday with her wishing me a happy birthday. I consider that the day our relationship ended even though I didn't give up trying to contact her until the following month. I wish it didn't end that way, and I do cry about it from time to time due to the lack of closure. I may never fully heal, but oh well.

As you can probably figure out, I haven't had a girlfriend in person. I consider myself to be shy, especially around females. Doesn't mean I don't try, but I rarely do. So yea, my love life in a nutshell.

As you can probably figure out, I haven't had a girlfriend in person. I consider myself to be shy, especially around females. Doesn't mean I don't try, but I rarely do. So yea, my love life in a nutshell.

I know this advice isn't helpful at all, but a little confidence goes a long way. Just talk to them like they are any other person.

I know this advice isn't helpful at all, but a little confidence goes a long way. Just talk to them like they are any other person.

I did ask a girl out for a dinner date last semester, but she said no due to family norms; however, she appeared to appreciate the gesture and we are friends. But yea, I seem to struggle to talk to people I don't have some sort of bond with (e.g. fraternity brother, family, etc.).

Had a girlfriend for a couple of years, though the less I talk about her the better. Have no issues talking to girls and I've asked a couple of girls out recently. My only problem really is that I'm not very attractive and tbh pretty unlucky. Also the general culture in the UK means the best way of getting girls is by getting drunk and I don't drink...

Archived