Hard Driver (Link Monster First Try)

Atypical-Abbie

First try at a Link Monster! These will be quite odd to make in written form, since I have to always say the direction the Link Markers are pointing at, but hey, it's a learning experience.

Hard Driver

Cyberse/LIGHT/Link

Link Arrows: Down Left/Down Right

2 monsters with different Attributes

When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand with the same Attribute as the Link Materials to your zone it points to. Gains 300 ATK for each monster with different Attributes this card points to.

2000/LINK 2

Huh, IMO it's too early to start making Link Monsters with the 3 link directions towards your Zones enabled. Or at the very least make it require more than 2 monsters. Although you put a material requirement there, IMO it would still be too rewarding for a 2-material Link Monster.

Huh, IMO it's too early to start making Link Monsters with the 3 link directions towards your Zones enabled. Or at the very least make it require more than 2 monsters. Although you put a material requirement there, IMO it would still be too rewarding for a 2-material Link Monster.

Hey, I'm just letting you Special Summon Extra Deck monsters, isn't that what everyone wants?! But seriously, yeah I do kind of see that, I was just excited and wasn't putting much thought into actual design, this is in experimental for that reason. Maybe make it gain 300 ATK and make out down?

Actually, it appears that the number of link marker should match their Link Number so for it to keep 3 you would need to increase its Link Number to 3 and thus require either 3 monsters or 1 Link 2 monster + 1 monster; that makes it more fair, but still, having the 3 link direction towards you is a bit too convenient IMO.

But I find your above suggestion appealing: by removing a link marker you wouldn't need to increase the Link number, and a 2300~2600 ATK Link Monster for the cost of 2 monsters should be fine.

Actually, it appears that the number of link marker should match their Link Number so for it to keep 3 you would need to increase its Link Number to 3 and thus require either 3 monsters or 1 Link 2 monster + 1 monster; that makes it more fair, but still, having the 3 link direction towards you is a bit too convenient IMO.

But I find your above suggestion appealing: by removing a link marker you wouldn't need to increase the Link number, and a 2300~2600 ATK Link Monster for the cost of 2 monsters should be fine.

I hadn't noticed they actually did that, I suppose it makes sense that the LINK-3 is why it has 3 Link Markers to begin with. Hmm, a bit of an annoyance I will have to deal with when designing honestly, since I would like to be able to expand beyond what they think is right. That being said, I'll change it around.

Archived