Card of Demise

CardofDemise-MIL1-EN-UR-1E.png

Draw until you have 3 cards in your hand, also for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, your opponent takes no damage. During the End Phase of this turn, send your entire hand to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Card of Demise" per turn. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this card.

So.....

This card was already insanely good. However the new rules ABSOLUTELY breaks this... you will now always be able to set ALL of your backrow because the Pendulum Zones are S/T Zones 6 and 7.

Thoughts?

Tyretian, don't mean to burst your bubble, but the Pendulum Zones are now S/T Zones 1 and 5, not 1 and 7. So by using Pendulums you're limited to 4 or 3 S/T zones until a Pendulum Zone card you control is destroyed.

I'm actually mildly annoyed at this.

You also end up giving up the first crack at a extra deck summon 

Sure it says "The tactics of a Duel will change drastically depending on who can grab an Extra Monster Zone first!" But I'm not sure why that matters.

EDIT: s*** wrong thread :/

Well since I accidentally posted here I'll give my two cents...

Apart from that you're a bit of a pleb, I feel like most decks will focus on getting out Link monsters quickly on turn 1 before the opponent can respond, because they'll be pretty damn important (depending on the deck). Though honestly this card is very meta dependent and if Kozmo become good again which a lot of people are saying then it might start seeing more play.

Archived