[Written] Evolved Fusionist

Blake

Link Fusionist

EARTH

LINK-1

Link: Down

Beast/Link/Effect

1 Fusion Monster

If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle 1 Fusion Monster in your Graveyard or banished into the Extra Deck. You can only Special Summon 1 "Evolved Fusionist" per turn.

It should be Link1 if it using only 1 material and has only 1 Link Marker. Unless you intent for it to count as 2 Links for the price of 1 monster, but it is unknown if that's possible since the Link Number of all Link Monsters announced so far matches their number of Link Markers.

Anyway, it's intended to be played through Instant Fusion, right? Seems straightforward enough. I don't get why the last clause, though; with a Marker towards down it shouldn't be as practical nor convenient to Summon multiples of it in the same turn. Besides, Links are pushing towards spammability to build the link chains.

It should be Link1 if it using only 1 material and has only 1 Link Marker. Unless you intent for it to count as 2 Links for the price of 1 monster, but it is unknown if that's possible since the Link Number of all Link Monsters announced so far matches their number of Link Markers.

Anyway, it's intended to be played through Instant Fusion, right? Seems straightforward enough. I don't get why the last clause, though; with a Marker towards down it shouldn't be as practical nor convenient to Summon multiples of it in the same turn. Besides, Links are pushing towards spammability to build the link chains.

Yeah, that was a typo. Meant to be Link 1.

Not really IF, but moreso BriFu/Temujin/Fluffals/etc., because this lets them get started with a small investment. 

Couldn't decide between hard OPT on the effect or on the summon, but I felt like being able to use it as material for a Fusion -> Make it again -> and so on felt kinda dumb.

Yeah, that was a typo. Meant to be Link 1.

Not really IF, but moreso BriFu/Temujin/Fluffals/etc., because this lets them get started with a small investment. 

Couldn't decide between hard OPT on the effect or on the summon, but I felt like being able to use it as material for a Fusion -> Make it again -> and so on felt kinda dumb.

It should be fine without the hard OPT on the Summon IMO because despite recycling the Fusion monster, you still have to invest on its Fusion Summon again, and only to get another Link1 monster with a Down marker? I don't picture it getting out of hand.

Archived