JavasQlip | Because im Evil...also my Link Monster Debut

Dokutah

JavasQlip

EARTH / Link / Machine / Effect

Link Marker > 2 > Bottom Left, Bottom Right

Level 5 or higher monster with different Names - Exactly 2

You can also use Level 4 "Qli" Monster as Link Material(s) to Link Summon this card.  If this card is Link Summoned, it is unaffected by activated effects from any monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than total Link Marker of all Link Monster you control +2. for each "Qli" card Linked to this card: this card gain 200 ATK. While you have "Qli" Pendulum Monster in both of your Pendulum Zone: You can Pendulum Summon Level 5 or Higher Monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set with the same Type as non-"Qli" Tribute Summoned monster Linked to this card, ignoring the Summoning condition

ATK 1800

Qli is one of my favorite deck...i know, i know that Qli has left a rather bad memories in past..but hey its not that much strong of a deck for a long time and despite my liking toward the new format.  Qli is gonna be the one deck that heavily neutered by it for it being ultra xenophobic by design while trying to feed their highly demanding play maker outside Saqlifice aid

the obvious reason is to helping the unlocking of MMZ to be able to Pendulum Summon some substantial number of monster. but i give just a bit a push by actually having the Linked Effect to encourage adventurous building by tech in some non-Qli

Why do card makers have a thing for bottom left and bottom right markers? This is the second card I see with that trait, and Missus has them, too. Why not bottom left/right and bottom? :v

You can't use more than 2 monsters for the Link Summon of this card, so no need to add "or more" in its material requirements.

Hold on... you can use only 1 material for it, despite being Link2? That doesn't go with the rules on Link Monsters.

2400 ATK seems a bit high for a Link2 monster, at least at this early stage; the standard for Link2 monsters appears to be 1900 or lower.

Unlocking their  xenophobic clauses is such an evil thing to do. It gives me a bad vibe in the sense that it can be abused eventually. Ignoring their summoning conditions make it even more dangerous and exploitable.

I was kinda hoping for the monster to become unaffected by activated effects of monsters whose Levels are equal or lower to the # of cards linked to it, and thus encouraging and rewarding you for making long link chains.

You can't use more than 2 monsters for the Link Summon of this card, so no need to add "or more" in its material requirements.

Hold on... you can use only 1 material for it, despite being Link2? That doesn't go with the rules on Link Monsters.

ah my bad my initial reasoning is related to the fact that Link Monster can be Summoned using another Link Monster for a lesser cost but my material requirement contradict that

2400 ATK seems a bit high for a Link2 monster, at least at this early stage; the standard for Link2 monsters appears to be 1900 or lower.

i know that current Link 2 don't go higher than 1900...but i kinda in doubt earlier since its material is kinda demanding...but ok im gonna change it 

Unlocking their  xenophobic clauses is such an evil thing to do. It gives me a bad vibe in the sense that it can be abused eventually. Ignoring their summoning conditions make it even more dangerous and exploitable.

hmmm could you help me remember what other Deck that can run (or don't mind) Pendulums and able to summon or preserve a Tribute summon monster? when i design this the only deck i could think of Dynomist...but probs i gonna find another way around to balance this effect

I was kinda hoping for the monster to become unaffected by activated effects of monsters whose Levels are equal or lower to the # of cards linked to it, and thus encouraging and rewarding you for making long link chains.

well my version of effect is kinda similar..so i don't see much problem...UNLESS you worried that if Konami or either of us the community finds or create ways of summoning multiples Links with high count of Link Markers in turbo making this card immune past Level/Rank 5 monster real fast on top of is rather high current (previous version) stat

Well, considering its materials, I guess an ATK around 2000~2200 would be fine, but it would miss out on flavor.

Regarding the abusability on the effect, I was thinking you could just Tribute Summon whatever, place a Scale 13 (e.g. King Gate Infinity) and then drop pretty much anything, regardless of their Nomi or Semi-nomi clauses.

Yeah, the protection effect is similar and works just fine, just saying I expected an effect dependent on linked monsters.

How about a built-in effect that makes it gain 300 ATK while certain condition is met (e.g. controlling another Qli monster, IDK)? That way, with 2100 ATK it should be more reliable while remaining flavorful with Qli's ATK-boosting Pendulums effects.

Archived