Pendulum-Angels and their ace monsters (reposted and expanded)

I Hate Snatch Steal

So I created the pendulum angels to make certain ideas I had for ace monsters not be generic,since their effects could require using pendulum angels in their costs. More info on each ace monster's concept can be found below. Naturally you wouldn't use all of these cards in one deck, you'd just use the pendulum angels and 1 of the other categories

[spoiler=pendulum angels]

NkbE7W9.png

Once per turn, if you have a "Pendulum-Angel" card in your other pendulum zone: you can target 1 of your banished "Pendulum-Angel" monsters; add that target to your hand.

----

When this card declares an attack: All "Pendulum-Angel" monsters you currently control gain 300 ATK, until the end of the Battle Phase.

PtGyWaV.png

If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.  If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can add 1 "Pendulum-Angel" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Elven Pendulum-Angel". You can only use this effect of "Elven Pendulum-Angel" once per turn.

QkzAzjb.png

If you have a "Pendulum-Angel" card in your other pendulum zone: you can discard 1 card; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Emerald Gaze Pendulum-Angel" once per turn.

---

if this card is Pendulum Summoned from the hand (and no other cards are Pendulum Summoned at the same time) while you control a "Pendulum-Angel" card with a different name: you can draw 2 cards.

I23JX3v.png

Each turn, the first card(s) in your Pendulum Zone that would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect, is not destroyed.

----

The activation of your LIGHT monsters' effects cannot be negated.

VzaE9cr.png

Once per turn, if you have a "Pendulum-Angel" card in your other pendulum zone: you can discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy that target.

----

When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your graveyard.

[spoiler=elven mage paladins]

aagWcWw.png

This card is both Warrior and Spellcaster-Type (anywhere) this effect cannot be negated. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. If this card is in your graveyard and was sent there from the field: you can banish 1 "Pendulum-Angel" monster from your hand, field, or face-up in your extra deck; banish 1 monster from your graveyard and if you do, special summon 1 xyz monster from your extra deck with the same rank as the banished monster's level and teh same type as the bansihed monster and attach thsi card and 1 spell/trap card (if possible) from your graveyard to it as xyz materials. Shuffle the summoned monster into the extra deck during the End Phase. If this card is an Xyz Material and would be sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead.

yJCTRBW.png

This card is both Warrior and Spellcaster-Type (anywhere) this effect cannot be negated. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls. If this card is in your graveyard and was sent there from the field: you can banish this card and 1 "Pendulum-Angel" monster from your hand, field, or face-up in your extra deck; banish 1 monster from your graveyard and if you do  special summon 1 synchro monster from your extra deck with the same type and level as the banished monster's. Shuffle the summoned monster into the extra deck during the End Phase.

Design Notes:

The Elven Mage Paladins were the first monsters by creation date to require pendulum angels to use their effects. After seeing the art I thought of 2 warriors that represented opposites that complement each other.

[spoiler=azura the esper of hidden power]

tpm1FnF.png

During the End Phase: you can destroy this card and if you do, draw 1 card.

----

Must first be xyz summoned by using 2 "Pendulum-Angel" Pendulum cards and 1 level 7 or higher Spellcaster-Type monster you control as the xyz materials. If this card leaves the field: you can draw 1 card, then if that card is a Spellcaster or Fairy-Type monster, you can reveal it and draw 1 more card. You can only use these effects of "Azura the Esper of Hidden Power" once per turn each. *During either player's turn: you can send other 1 monster from your hand or your side of the field to the graveyard; choose 1 monster from either player's extra deck whose level/rank is equal or different by 1 to the sent monster's level/rank on the fieid. Until the End Phase, this card gains ATK equal to half that monster's ATK but battle damage it inflicts from direct attacks is halved and once during this turn it can activate that monster's effect as its effect. *You can activate this card's effect by detaching 1 less xyz material then required.

In order to have this card's text fit in YGO pro's textbox I had to shorten it a bit. It should also say "If you can pendulum summon level 5, you can pendulum summon this face-up card in your extra deck."

Rulings notes:

1) Azura cannot be summoned from the extra deck by rank-up-magic spells, xyz shift, or any other card's effect unless its face-up already from being summoned successfully by its summoning method. The only way to first summon it by using 2 "Pendulum-Angel" pendulum cards and 1 level 7 or higher Spellcaster-Type monster [or some card that ignores summoning conditions I guess].

2) You can pendulum summon Azura after its been summoned properly if you can pendulum summon level 5.

3) You can only gain the effect of activating a trap or quick-play spell card from your hand once per turn, even if Azura leaves the field more then once that turn. (That effect was changed to drawing an extra card if you drew the right card and revealed it.)

4) To activate Azura's copying effect, there must be a monster you can copy using a monster you are able to send to the graveyard either in your extra deck, face-up in your opponent's extra deck, or if you have looked at cards from your opponent's extra deck already during the current match for any reason the cards you saw also count for this.

5) When Azura's copying effect resolves, you look at your opponent's entire extra deck as well as yours and choose which card to copy. You must show the chosen card to both players.

6) Rulings for "once during this turn it can activate that monster's effect as its effect" can be found here: http://yugioh.wikia....tic_Star_Dragon

7) If you actvate Azura's copying effect and choose another Azura, you cannot activate the copying effect again.

8) If you activate Azura's copying effect you cannot activate the gained effect until the current chain finishes resolving.

9) You can use the xyz material cost reducing effect together with copied effects. eg activating the copied effect of Number 61: Volcasarus while Azura has no xyz materials

Design Notes:

Azura used to require "Magician" pendulum monsters, but I changed that after they got a lot of support. I thought up her design after seeing Yuya's 2nd duel against Reji. Her effect is meant to give you lots of options.

[spoiler=chronomis the space time mistress sorceress]

7HYtNaH.png

During your the End Phase: you can destroy this card and if you do, your opponent cannot conduct their Battle Phase next turn.

----

Cards you control are unaffected by the effects of "Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon" cards. Once per turn: during either player's turn: you can pay 1000 LP and shuffle 1 "Pendulum-Angel" card from your hand, graveyard, or extra deck into the deck; return all monsters in your graveyard and banishsed zone that were in your hand during this turn's Draw Phase to your hand and return as many monsters as possible that were in your monster zone during this turn's Draw Phase from the graveyard and banished zone to the field in face-up defense posititon. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when another card or effect is activated that targets this card (and no other cards): You can target another card on the field that would be an appropriate target for that card/effect; that card/effect now targets the new target.

Rulings Notes:

Where cards are "During this turn's Draw Phase" is evaluated right after you draw, so it includes the card you drew.

zoidinr.png

If you control a "Chronomis the Space Time Mistress Magician": Declare either Main Phase 1, Battle Phase, or Main Phase 2; your oppoenent cannot conduct that phase during their next turn. During your opponent's turn: you can banish this card from your graveyard and 1 "Pendulum-Angel" card from your graveyard or extra deck; using monsters you control as materials, either synchro summon 1 synchro monster or xyz summon 1 xyz monster.

Note:

The 2nd effect of this card is similar to Wonder Xyz and Urgent Tuning, if you want to know how it works

D6tmLtO.png

Activate 1 of these effects.
*Tribute 1 monster you control; special summon 1 "Chronomis the Space Time Mistress Magician" from your hand, deck, or extra deck.
*If you control a "Chronomis the Space Time Mistress Magician": target 1 card on the field; banish that target.

Design Notes:

I revisited Chronomis, who had been posted on this site years ago as a standalone card, when I had a dream recently during which I could rewind time for everything around me except me, Similar to Number C107's anime effect. The support cards are meant to split her abilities into multiple cards for balance reasons.

Archived