Dark Contract of Anti-Link (Written)

I Hate Snatch Steal

If there can be a card called "Dark Contract with Eternal Darkness" and "Dark Contract with the Monopoly Seal" then Dark Contracts do not necessarily have to refer to monsters in their names.

This is intended to to help D/D/D combat the rule changes described here:

https://ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Note the "Extra Monster Zone" rule

Continuous Spell

You can summon "D/D" monsters to your main monster zones as if they were an extra monster zone (the monsters remain even if this card leaves the field). Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Take 2000 damage.

I want this effect to apply to both "D/D" and "D/D/D" monsters, did I word it right [its late and I can't focus]?

I hate that new rule, can you tell? However I tried not to be as salty about it as the guy who made "Last Stand of the Fallen Ones":

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329151-some-cards/

Geez, followed the link and thought I landed in the Dead Sea there. 

And I do think there should be more Extra Monster Zones available, but the change seems straight. This can easily re-empower D/D/D's though. Think a Link Monster that works with them would be a tad better. Like something that opens up the three Zones beneath it for some degenerate plays with Alexander and Genghis. Really, the D/D/Ds already run the revival game hellaciously, just need a Link Monster to recoup the initial cost and they're golden. 

But Contracts are hella searchable, and 1 or 2 of them should easily compensate against other Decks. Locking them to D/Ds also saves us from having to face Crystal/Titanic in that hair-rendering first turn too. 

Think you've done more to handle D/D's issues (seriously, of ALL THE DECKS where my issue is over lack of xenophobia, this tops) than the limited Extra Monster Zone ever could (and I'm actually a fan of it.)

Good work.

Geez, followed the link and thought I landed in the Dead Sea there. 

And I do think there should be more Extra Monster Zones available, but the change seems straight. This can easily re-empower D/D/D's though. Think a Link Monster that works with them would be a tad better. Like something that opens up the three Zones beneath it for some degenerate plays with Alexander and Genghis. Really, the D/D/Ds already run the revival game hellaciously, just need a Link Monster to recoup the initial cost and they're golden. 

But Contracts are hella searchable, and 1 or 2 of them should easily compensate against other Decks. Locking them to D/Ds also saves us from having to face Crystal/Titanic in that hair-rendering first turn too. 

Think you've done more to handle D/D's issues (seriously, of ALL THE DECKS where my issue is over lack of xenophobia, this tops) than the limited Extra Monster Zone ever could (and I'm actually a fan of it.)

Good work.

I want this effect to apply to both "D/D" and "D/D/D" monsters, did I word it right [its late and I can't focus]?

If there can be a card called "Dark Contract with Eternal Darkness" and "Dark Contract with the Monopoly Seal" then Dark Contracts do not necessarily have to refer to monsters in their names.

This is intended to to help D/D/D combat the rule changes described here:

https://ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Note the "Extra Monster Zone" rule

Continuous Spell

You can summon "D/D" monsters to your main monster zones as if they were an extra monster zone (the monsters remain even if this card leaves the field). Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Take 2000 damage.

I hate that new rule, can you tell? However I tried not to be as salty about it as the guy who made "Last Stand of the Fallen Ones":

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329151-some-cards/

Yeah, D/D/D are a subclass of D/D itself, so this card does affect them.

But otherwise, this does give them a way to actually function now that Konami decided to sheet over the original rules in making Link Monsters and the ED monsters get their own zone (and counts as a "legacy play" card for them). I don't really like the new rules either, but what can you do about it (outside of just playing in a legacy format that keeps the rules more/less similar to what we've had up until yesterday). Yeah, they do need the ED but like Black said earlier on in TCG, unless they get a viable Link monster to let them go about their business as usual, they're screwed. 

(Same could be said for every ED-heavy Deck)

Yeah, D/D/D are a subclass of D/D itself, so this card does affect them.

But otherwise, this does give them a way to actually function now that Konami decided to s*** over the original rules in making Link Monsters and the ED monsters get their own zone (and counts as a "legacy play" card for them). I don't really like the new rules either, but what can you do about it (outside of just playing in a legacy format that keeps the rules more/less similar to what we've had up until yesterday). Yeah, they do need the ED but like Black said earlier on in TCG, unless they get a viable Link monster to let them go about their business as usual, they're screwed. 

(Same could be said for every ED-heavy Deck)

I'm glad you asked: I'm planning on re-writing most of my archetypes that use non-standard effects to summon ED monsters to ignore the link restrictions as much as possible when using their effects. However, unlike in the above card those decks would not get a "free pass" for typical fusion/synchro/xyz summoning

edit: For discussion purposes, may I link to an example of what I mean by this statement in advanced multiples which doesn't rely on D/D/D or dark contracts to function? (I'm wanting to not break general rule 13 so I'm asking first)

I'm glad you asked: I'm planning on re-writing most of my archetypes that use non-standard effects to summon ED monsters to ignore the link restrictions as much as possible when using their effects. However, unlike in the above card those decks would not get a "free pass" for typical fusion/synchro/xyz summoning

edit: For discussion purposes, may I link to an example of what I mean by this statement in advanced multiples which doesn't rely on D/D/D or dark contracts to function? (I'm wanting to not break general rule 13 so I'm asking first)

The bolded part was hypothetical (we don't like what Konami did to the rules, but outside of making support cards to emulate the older environments, there isn't too much to be done). 

You already PM'd me about it; just need to reply. 

Think this does work. To be safe, I'd still say this can Summon D/D/Ds, since all of the Extra Deck monsters happen to be D/D/Ds.

I answered it earlier, but yeah, D/D/D's are a sub-Archetype of "D/D", so this should work. 

Archived