Great Empire of Shurima [8/8]

haofstars

I'm new, i tried to read the rules and got most of what is written in there. If i break any rule let me know :3

If anyone here plays League, they probably know about Azir's lore and/or kit and playstyle, so i tried to integrate it with Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG playstyle. I seriously hope i dont break any rules but i seriously worked on these and tried to make them balanced. I haven't been close to Yu-Gi-Oh! for a couple of years so i dont know how sync, xyz, pendulum works. Im sorry xd. Let me know if you have any advice. Or complaint.

[spoiler=Azir, Emperor of the Sands]

Azir, Emperor of the Sands

szwlky.jpg

(When this card is normal summoned, special summon 3 "Sand Soldier"s. If there is no space for 3 of them, destroy monsters on your side of the field. This card's ATK and DEF goes up by the number of every Sand Soldier on your side of the field multiplied by 1000. On each players' standby phases, destroy one monster on your side of the field and special summon 1 Sand Soldier from your hand, deck OR graveyard.)

This is the key card of this combo thingy. I first tried to make a god card but i read the rules so i can't do it. It revolves around Azir having his "Sand Soldiers" on the field. If you have too many monsters on your field, you cannot summon all 3 sand soldiers so this card becomes weak. But his special ability makes space on your field. for one monster sacrifice you can special summon a sand soldier, this also compensates for if you lose all of your sand soldiers you can special summon them one by one and destroy the hostile strong creature for everytime you summon a sand soldier azir gets stronger so the opponent cant destroy your sand soldiers anytime sooner.

[spoiler=Sand Soldier]

Sand Soldier

2q8629s.jpg

(This card can only be summoned by the special effect of "Azir, Emperor of the Sands" and the effect of "Arise!")

This is the card that makes azir the emperor. His soldiers give him strength. and he commands them. So they cannot be without each other. they have decent amount of atk and def. and has a really special role in this combo.

[spoiler=Emperor's Divide]

Emperor's Divide

21e7uat.jpg

(If activated during opponent's battle phase, end the battle phase. While this card is in play, the player can only attack with 1 monster and "Azir, Emperor of the Sands" cannot be targeted with spell or trap cards, and is unaffected by any monster effects.)

This card makes sure that azir stays on the field. Any attack directed to azir is deflected with this. But having invulnerability has its consequences. This card makes this deck's attack ability depend solely on azir. To make sure he is healthy (5000/5000) and can attack. But soldiers can't attack while defending the emperor. So the other monsters can't attack.

[spoiler=Arise!]

Arise!

2v28ktl.jpg

(If a Sand Soldier(s) is sent to the graveyard, destroy all monsters on your side of the field (except Azir, Emperor of the Sands) and special summon 3 "Sand Soldier"s from your hand, deck and graveyard and end any battle phase. You cannot declare attack in the battle phase after the turn this card is played.)

This card makes sure if something goes wrong and you are left with no soldiers. then you can immidiately summon 3 sand soldiers from anywhere. The power spike of 3 2500 atk monsters and a 5000 atk azir is too high. so an immidiate attack of 4 powerful monsters could end the enemy in one turn. So this card saves your combo while giving the enemy a chance to counter attack.

[spoiler=Curator of the Sands]

Curator of the Sands

a5cnxx.jpg

(This card cannot be normal summoned. You can only special summon this card from your hand if you have at least 3 "Sand Soldier"s in your graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, "Azir, Emperor of the Sands" cannot be targeted by any attack.)

Our boy Nasus here. This card is a compensation for not drawing Arise!. If you lose all your sand soldiers, You can summon Nasus to save azir from any attacks until you draw an arise! trap or summon 3 monsters on the field and sacrifice them using azir's special ability.

[spoiler=Butcher of the Sands]

Butcher of the Sands

68ecra.jpg

(This card cannot be normal summoned. You can only special summon this card from your hand if you have at least 2 "Sand Soldier"s in your graveyard OR if there is a "Curator of the Sands" in either players' graveyard.)

Renekton. He is an enemy of azir and nasus, so he isnt as useful as nasus to azir. but, if you have nasus in your graveyard or if you have at least 2 sand soldiers in your graveyard  you can special summon this card to the field. This is because if nasus is dead it is a good thing for renekton so i thought it would be a cool ability lorewise.. this is for really bad situations and for last breaths.

[spoiler=Shuriman Ascension]

Shuriman Ascension

JaLDpQ.jpg

(You can only quip "Curator of the Sands" or "Butcher of the Sands" with this card. Monsters equipped with this card can inflict damage to the opponent's LP when attacking a defense position monster. Damage inflicted is the difference between the attacking monster's ATK and the defending monster's DEF.)

This card is to be used with renekton and nasus for a combo. if you are to depend on renekton or nasus, you can power them up by ascending them. This card is good for inflicting damage while your opponent has too many defense position monsters or tokens such as scapegoat.

[spoiler=Battle Mistress]

Battle Mistress

desmlk.jpg

(Armed with her legendary jeweled crossblade, she has fought and won countless battles for those who can afford her exorbitant price.)

Sivir, she is just a normal monster for not making this combo too complicated. A straight up, medium powered monster to be played.(For league players. you know why that defense is low.)

[spoiler=Armordillo]

Armordillo

X0W9P6.jpg

(●FLIP: Switch this card to face-down defense position.

●This card cannot be targeted by any Spell or Trap effect and is unaffected by any monster effects while in defense position.)

Rammus. I made his ATK 0 solely for making his level lower. He's quite the damager actually. but anyways, rammus is extremely tanky therefore he cant be killed easily. He is made to be a good tribute for summoning azir. he can be killed if a monster with 2700 atk or higher attacks. so he isnt invulnerable to attacks. but he is to spell and trap effects.

[spoiler=Legacy of the Emperor]

Legacy of the Emperor

M0Yoda.jpg

(Add "Azir, Emperor of the Sands" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.)

Great if you can't draw Azir quickly. Because without him you will just draw cards and defend endlessly.

[spoiler=Law of Shurima]

Law of Shurima

QaXvVV.jpg

(Set up to 3 face down monsters from your Graveyard, Deck and hand that has an ATK lower than 1000.)

If you can't draw monsters to tribute. This is the solution. you can simply special set 3 cards with an atk lower than 1000. Rammus and the mystical elf can be helpful with this.

There you have it. If you have any advice, complaint or anything to say let me know if i could fix something up. Thank you.

Archived