Visions from Another Dragon

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Visions from Another Dragon

[Normal Spell]

Target 1 face-up "-Eyes" Dragon-Type monster on the field: Special Summon 1 "-Eyes" Dragon-Type monster from Deck or Graveyard with a different name than the target. You can only activate 1 "Visions From Another Dragon"  per turn.

I wonder why it lets you target a Dragon-Type "Eyes" card, but summon a Dragon-Type "Eyes" monster; is it possible to have a non-monster Dragon-Type card in the first place?

Anyway, looks like a funny searcher card; you could be practical and play a Normal Summonable "Eyes" monster Like Mirage Dragon, Red-Eyes Wyvern or Retro Dragon, and target it to bring a big one, including Darkness Metal Dragon, neat. Galaxy-Eyes Cloudragon can be a nice shortcut, too, being searchable by Level1 support like One for One and whatnot.

Hmm... I realized it doesn't tribute the targeted card nor anything; it may be better to do so, in a similar fashion to Transmodify, Metaphization, etc.

That wouldn't do well for flavor purposes- I think the point is to have them both on the field, for shenanigans like getting Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes out at once, or dropping Xyz fodder for Rank 4, 7, or 8 using one Dragon to call to another.

The problem, then, is that I'm not sure what possible method of abusing this to shut off. Killing ED Summons would neuter the flavor, as would locking off the Battle Phase . . . maybe "your opponent takes no damage the turn you activate this effect"? A restriction on non-Dragon Summons? I like the flavor and function of the card, but . . . it still has a bit too much power potential.

Guest BGMCANN0N
Hmm... I realized it doesn't tribute the targeted card nor anything; it may be better to do so, in a similar fashion to Transmodify, Metaphization, etc.

Well the idea is... You can potentially use it against your opponent's "Eyes" Dragon-Type monster as well to get out your own. Kind of a personal flavor choice.

Hmm, from the name I assumed would be more flavorful to swap the eyes of that dragon with the eyes of another, hence the Tribute/send to grave/etc. --> Summon different "Eyes" Dragon. Anyway, it should be alright if you get to keep the monster; making Synchro/Xyz plays with it is tricky already, Odd-Eyes + Red-Eyes for a Rank7 being the only viable combo I can think of at the moment, and the best target is Flare Metal Dragon, but that shouldn't cause much trouble either... maybe.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Hmm, from the name I assumed would be more flavorful to swap the eyes of that dragon with the eyes of another, hence the Tribute/send to grave/etc. --> Summon different "Eyes" Dragon.

Maybe I can work with the sending part... I mean it is kind of a minus 1 though if you use it on your own... But, if I made it  also work against your opponent's Eyes... It could be funny in a novelty way.

How about a dual effect, then?

- Tribute/send to grave/etc/ a "Eyes" Dragon you control; Summon a different one.

- If your opponent controls a "Eyes" Dragon; Summon one of yours.

Also, a nitpick but may be safer to use the "-Eyes" keyword instead, just in case a non "[whatever]-Eyes" monster is made eventually.

Well, this seems like a neat little card for Odd-Eyes and the like. You could set up some Xyz Monsters like Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon and Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon. However, it should have some sort of cost or condition; whether it be the aforementioned Tribute, or a Life Points cost, as Blue-Eyes can access their monsters as well. Even with the strict "once per turn" clause.

Archived