[written/link] Psy-Wavejammer

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Psy-Wavejammer
┌ ┐
└ ┘
DARK
Psychic/Link/Effect

2 or more Link Monsters
You can only control 1 "Psy-Wavejammer". This card is unaffected by the effects of other Psychic-type monsters. Monsters cannot be normal or special summoned to this card's linked zones, except Psychic-type monsters. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 other face-up card you control into your deck to target 1 other Link Monster you control; Swap this card and the target's positions on the field.
ATK/2900 LINK/4

This may or may not be made into an archetype.

Basically, the concept is exploring how linked zones can have additional effects, as well as linking opponent's zones like decoder. The shape in which it links basically stops the opponent from making significant plays. Switching with other links allows you to build your own board.

I like it. ANOTHER!

Anyways, it is a hefty cost for a great floodgate, and in a psychic deck it's pretty much nothing for them. I like the swapping, but I don't quite see the point since it can't link to it's sides. I mean sure you can use this in a non psychic deck for a "generic" floodgate for your opp for a while, but by the nature of link monsters atm it'll take a while for a good use of this swapping to come to fruition.

I like it. ANOTHER!

Anyways, it is a hefty cost for a great floodgate, and in a psychic deck it's pretty much nothing for them. I like the swapping, but I don't quite see the point since it can't link to it's sides. I mean sure you can use this in a non psychic deck for a "generic" floodgate for your opp for a while, but by the nature of link monsters atm it'll take a while for a good use of this swapping to come to fruition.

While it is in a normal monster card zone, the floodgate effect doesn't apply, allowing you to use the zones for regular play.

While it is in a normal monster card zone, the floodgate effect doesn't apply, allowing you to use the zones for regular play.

But only if it's directly behind or on the complete other side of your Extra Monster zone. If you link summon this, then link a psychic link onto one of it's zones, and then swap and the swapped monster goes bye bye, then you can't use your extra zone unless you're gonna go full psychic, which iirc most extra decks don't have. 

But only if it's directly behind or on the complete other side of your Extra Monster zone. If you link summon this, then link a psychic link onto one of it's zones, and then swap and the swapped monster goes bye bye, then you can't use your extra zone unless you're gonna go full psychic, which iirc most extra decks don't have.

Let me think of a way to explain this that doesn't sound condescending.

Not all monsters are extra deck monsters. This restricts everything. By moving it into the normal monster zones, you are allowed to use them for whatever you need. Not to mention that the zone could still be linked by other cards, since merely summoning this is likely to create a gap in your links.

Let me think of a way to explain this that doesn't sound condescending.

Not all monsters are extra deck monsters. This restricts everything. By moving it into the normal monster zones, you are allowed to use them for whatever you need. Not to mention that the zone could still be linked by other cards, since merely summoning this is likely to create a gap in your links.

I get where you're coming from, I really do, I just find issue that this thing can be more of a self-floodgate when put into the main monster zones without having another effect besides the anti-targeting to compensate for it. 

Archived