Cherry Heart: A Quest-based RP [OOC/Accepting/Co-hosted by Skaia]

I dun wanna quote

"For the most part, the app is fine, perhaps playing it a bit too safe but fine nevertheless. I do wonder how does he interact with people in general (the app gives me a vague idea of it, but I'd like to hear something a bit more concrete), and a little bit minor, but can you name the guild he joined as well as the city he's from?"

You know me my apps are generally simple lol

idk if you want me to add to the app or if it's fine to just say here but basically with people in general he's hesitant with new people. However he also wants to make a good impression so he usually tries to be friendly, often too much so due to not having entirely adapted to being social again.

Similar in a way to Rona but less forced more "I don't know what I'm doing". And less "confident leader" more "buddy buddy".

And I wasn't sure if you wanted it to be a specific guild/city or if you want me to come up with it myself.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: the weight, that was after I did plugged in some numbers with a general ballpark of what their mass would be, between the hardened clay and the onyx-stone. It's still very much a ball-park, but they would actually weigh that much.

Combat style would be very up-close and personal, and pretty standard sword-fighting including dual-wielding, single-wielding, and two-handed (depending on the situation). Movement would be more human-like, but a tad slower with more momentum and weight to their movements (due to mass). But, still fast enough to be able to fight fairly competently (just nothing out-of-the-ordinary for a swordsman).

And yeah, I can edit in a motive for CH for sure. And just so you know, I wasn't looking at the other apps; I kinda just made the character based on what I saw on the existing characters and what sort of character was not seen so much in the RP.

hmmmm i suppose mine being the most problematic this time round is a given. can't complain about that. i'll say most things were thought of after finding a picture of her i liked(not the best method to make characters i'm sure)

the on-and-off personality was only to justify why she'd be able to function in combat despite being really jumpy. her two personalities are not the core focus, her being jumpy and excitable and expressive despite the intimidating mask is. i want to be able to convey that part but i'm not entirely sure how.

her leg injury isn't significant, but even in the real world iirc if you have a limp or an injury like that regardless of how much it affects you, you're disqualified from the military. she had a neat-looking uniform on in her picture so i wanted to incorporate that into her character but naturally she can't be in the military if she's going to join a guild, so i justified it that way. and even if healing magic can regrow flesh and everything, i was thinking it should be possible that an injury can warp leg muscle/bone structure enough that when healed with magic it still leaves a slight alteration that could cause that limp.

idk if it'd sound legit but as to her ic motivation, its that she doesn't just want to live with her phobia, she wanted to actively expose herself to it until she overcame it. that's why she chose to become a soldier in particular. she's the type of person to want to actively weed out her flaws if she's aware of them.

her sleeping gas ability is a last-minute add-on i'll admit. with just her two spells it didn't feel like she had enough and she had a mask on so i thought to utilize it somehow. if it doesn't work i'll remove it, but i'm not sure if what she currently has would be enough.

her title is well, an out of place reference i shouldn't have kept, to a song where i took her name and her guilt from. her family's a very average one that owns a flower shop. she finds that its hard to make a lot of money working in a hick town like that so she decided to find work in the main city, hence becoming a soldier. i'll cut the part where she sends money to family and stuff if that makes the other part more clear.

[spoiler=Leif]

@@Alaina

I like that you actually went and described how she is outside of the ideals she's trying to emulate. The app is fine for the most part, though just to confirm, she would have pretty much no stewardship capability, right?

Yeah, she doesn't really have much in way of stewardship and didn't really retain/wasn't really taught much anyway in way of running a business and management. 

• 2 weeks later...

@

@@Alaina

@@VCR_CAT

@@God Emperor Cow

@@Thar

@

So, after careful examination, we have decided that we are going to accept Miro, Ajalon, Rudy, Leif, and Reina. We are sorry about Ub not getting in, but we are open for talks and questions regarding this decision we made.

The list of available quests for the next round should be up this Wednesday, and by then you should be able to post your characters' introduction in the main IC thread.

Please post here if you are interested in being immediately added to the Skype group.

@

@

@@Alaina

@@God Emperor Cow

@@VCR_CAT

Ah, also to clarify on earlier. I will end the current round of quests with a closing post on Tuesday, and after that I will put up the list of quests available to be picked for the next round, should be around Wednesday.

Your characters intro post should come on Wednesday or later, preferably after the Quest List is up.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361867-cherry-heart-a-quest-based-rp-main-threadicstartingcurrently-not-acceptingco-hosted-by-skaia/?p=7095585

Posted the day transition. New guildmembers can post now to introduce yourselves as well as interacting with each other. We will start the next round of quests by the end of next week the latest.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11LLfFFqDkv0yZgUu3ENC7buFozpb6unXRO-e772gPkc/edit

For the list of quests, it can be seen here. Please make the choice of which quest you want to pick in this thread or in IC, but note that since only 8 characters are available right now (since the other 4 are still stuck with the Rank Up quest), only the two most picked quests will be taken this round.

Thank you for your time in CH, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick question regarding applications and getting into this RP. Do we just make an app and it'll get reviewed for the next wave of characters? I saw this when it first went up and it looked cool but I had a lot on my plate so I didn't make an app ^^;

Hi, just a quick question regarding applications and getting into this RP. Do we just make an app and it'll get reviewed for the next wave of characters? I saw this when it first went up and it looked cool but I had a lot on my plate so I didn't make an app ^^;

You can do it yeah, although as is, it will take a while until another character can come in, could be months at least.

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering what you meant by "until another character can come in". Do you mean that you need to wait for a quest to finish or is there some plot requirement?

For a quest to finish, yeah. It's a little bit awkward to introduce a character midquest and I'd rather not have you wait for 1-2 months at least after you make your app before you can do anything.

• 2 months later...

Archived