What is currently wrong with the Site

Tormented

Question

23 answers to this question

There's another thing I want to bring up.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but only the front page of the forums, clicking on one's notifications doesn't seem to open a dropmenu anymore. I've been having to go to the notifications page directly, then clear the notices.

I've actually had this issue since the YCM cleared up its fit before the Masquerade, but it wasn't really bothering me.

It's semi random for me. Sometimes I can, sometimes the drop down just keeps on being stuck at loading until the end of times if it's from the front page.

I'm downright positive that this happens only when someone with a Japanese(perhaps Chinese too) username is online and their name shows up on the online list. As for why it works for Sakura's Firefox but not for Tesability's(and mine), I'm not sure. But Japanese/Chinese characters have something to do with it, I'm sure.

Fonts as in those on circulation tab? also the normal spell and trap card selections have bad (hollow) fonts

Yeah, whatever fonts that are bad on the cardmaker right now. (I think card names if you use Super Rare, circulation, the Normal Spell/Trap stuff and so forth; can we just say all of the fonts used need an inspection?)

I'm downright positive that this happens only when someone with a Japanese(perhaps Chinese too) username is online and their name shows up on the online list. As for why it works for Sakura's Firefox but not for Tesability's(and mine), I'm not sure. But Japanese/Chinese characters have something to do with it, I'm sure.

Can confirm that Unicode names down weird sheet. When the site broke in October, any URL containing Unicode characters (such as profiles of nai, Toyo, etc) was completely inaccessible.

I don't know if that is related, but this leads me to believe it may be in a sense.

I actually have the same problem with notifications. Also, I can't post statuses while on the home page, view all comments under a status on the front page, and I can't leave a comment on someone's status on the front page. 

And whenever I hover my clicker over someone's username on the front page, it doesn't open that little window that shows their avatar, status, and rep.

The front page basically has a lot of glitches for me.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but only the front page of the forums, clicking on one's notifications doesn't seem to open a dropmenu anymore. I've been having to go to the notifications page directly, then clear the notices.

I've actually had this issue since the YCM cleared up its fit before the Masquerade, but it wasn't really bothering me.

Me too. I have to go to a new page 1st before it will let me see my notifications

You can only archive 25 pages of a pm, beyond that it won't let you and you need YCMaker to increase limit

YCM had some downtime in mid-October where the site wasn't working properly (posting was a pain, certain profiles were inaccessible and other things). After YCM came up, it also appears that it knocked out the cardmaker fonts. 

Tormey said he emailed YCMaker, but whether/not he replies quickly remains to be seen.

• Forum functions:
    • Members cannot upload avatars manually from their desktop and have to get the URLs from elsewhere, then c/p the resulting link. (10/2016)
    • Warning system needs to be fixed; as in staff members being able to issue warnings via profiles/posts without having to access the ACP to apply sanctions (and remembering when stuff expires).
      • Because we have Junior Moderators who cannot access the ACP yet, they cannot give out warn increases or other forum sanctions at this time, bar post locking. (10/2016)
  • Cardmaker related stuff:
    • Update to run Pendulums (2014) and eventually Link Monsters (2/2017); this one's been asked for a while.
      • Zex and I have the templates ready for Pendulums if he needs them (as well as Series 9 stuff; yeah, game's going to Series 10, but Zex and I are very busy and don't have time to scratch the new ones [if they are just minor adjustments besides Links])
      • Also, need to modify the cardmaker to permit Extra Deck Tuners and stuff as per the new formatting, but that's not an issue at this time.
    • Automatic upload to Imgur is broken, and is only rendering blank IMG tags (3/2016). It's more of a pain for users who want to post their cards, but don't have the time to do the workarounds suggested.
    • Some of the fonts on cardmaker need to be checked; Matrix fonts used for the cardmaker break (10/2016)

Anything else I missed?

Archived