Final Offer

pizzaman2255

How do I even balance this

Aimed to be an all or nothing finisher

Spell / Continuous

Ultimate Rare

This Card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Draw 5 Cards. Reduce the cost of all monsters in your hand by 2. All opponent monsters lose 700 ATK and DEF. You can pay 500 Life Points; immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon/Set 1 monster. You lose the duel by the end of this turn. 

Well, it's already an "all or nothing" card so I don't see the problem. Needless to say, cards like this are unfair by nature, but since that's your goal and intent, I would say it's fine. Or in what sense do you want to balance it? Giving the opponent a chance to defend?

Hmm... how about letting the opponent play his/her cards in hand, including summoning monsters, and grave during that same turn? That would give him/her a chance to at least attempt to block enough attacks to survive the turn; of if he/she is lucky enough, activate a Waboku from the hand and win the duel.

Well, it's already an "all or nothing" card so I don't see the problem. Needless to say, cards like this are unfair by nature, but since that's your goal and intent, I would say it's fine. Or in what sense do you want to balance it? Giving the opponent a chance to defend?

Hmm... how about letting the opponent play his/her cards in hand, including summoning monsters, and grave during that same turn? That would give him/her a chance to at least attempt to block enough attacks to survive the turn; of if he/she is lucky enough, activate a Waboku from the hand and win the duel.

Was just wondering if it's effects were powerful enough to warrant the automatic loss.

Maybe wondering if the 700 stat reduction is too strong? Idk thing's like splendid venus exist.

But since the card itself does not interact too much with the opponent's board they should have a decent chance to counter.

I'll think about opponent interaction. Thanks!

Forum's real quiet nowadays huh?

Yeah, the forum has had more active times.

And you meant balance it in the sense that you thought this card wasn't strong enough. Well, +5 cards plus the Ultimate Offering effect should be enough to win the game in that turn in most cases; if you aren't winning with that, then either you had really awful card draws, you opponent lucked out with a damage negation card like Waboku, or both.

Looks fun, I'd play that for the three days it would take Konami to send it to the Shadow Realm/Banned List for my Gusto deck.

Curious, though - what happens if the other guy triggers Pyro Clock of Destiny? The turn count is moved forward, meaning the turn you activated it in is considered over, right?

Also, yeah, I wish more people said things on here, it'd help me make my Archetypes better, but what can you do?

Looks fun, I'd play that for the three days it would take Konami to send it to the Shadow Realm/Banned List for my Gusto deck.

Curious, though - what happens if the other guy triggers Pyro Clock of Destiny? The turn count is moved forward, meaning the turn you activated it in is considered over, right?

Also, yeah, I wish more people said things on here, it'd help me make my Archetypes better, but what can you do?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/a/ae/PyroClockofDestiny-PGD-NA-C-UE.png/revision/latest?cb=20120711055337

Card says the turn in which its played continues as normal though.

I was on a ygo hiatus but abridged series and duel links got me back. Shame I couldnt see this place at it's prime, I always loved the game and appreciate fanmade stuff.

What ya making atm?

Archived