Dimensional Ranger (Link Support)

Atypical-Abbie

This will probably be my last card I make for Link Monsters for a bit, since I'm working on an Archetype for them right now, so I want to get that out and then move on to other kinds of cards again. Anyway, this card is a simple little thing, this one is suppose to not link with your own cards, but the opponent's cards, and by that, I mean lock them down.

ROqYXCq.png

2 monsters, except monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck
Monsters your opponent control that this card is linked with cannot be used as Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Material for a Summon. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck your opponent controls that this card is linked with.

Such a disgusting floodgate. You even gave it 2 markers to the opponent's side for extra spread; evil indeed.

But in exchange, it has no Links for your side so no Extra Deck monsters for you if you play it in your EM Zone. This card would find a home right away in anti-meta decks like Elemental Statues/Fossil Dyna/Banisher of Radiance/Rai-Oh.

That, or you can Summon this on your MM Zone after your opponent places his/her Link Monster in his/her EM Zone, immediately binding any link chain he/she has with this card. Such a sneaky move.

And now I'm wondering which would be rulings on the last effect: are effects negated right away, or the opponent has a chance of applying any Continuous and on-Summon effects? I see the negation effect is continuous but my question is: what happens first? the application and/or activation of effects, or the monster linking to the chain bound to this card's?

More than Link support, I would call this an anti-Link floodgate.

Such a disgusting floodgate. You even gave it 2 markers to the opponent's side for extra spread; evil indeed.

But in exchange, it has no Links for your side so no Extra Deck monsters for you if you play it in your EM Zone. This card would find a home right away in anti-meta decks like Elemental Statues/Fossil Dyna/Banisher of Radiance/Rai-Oh.

That, or you can Summon this on your MM Zone after your opponent places his/her Link Monster in his/her EM Zone, immediately binding any link chain he/she has with this card. Such a sneaky move.

And now I'm wondering which would be rulings on the last effect: are effects negated right away, or the opponent has a chance of applying any Continuous and on-Summon effects? I see the negation effect is continuous but my question is: what happens first? the application and/or activation of effects, or the monster linking to the chain bound to this card's?

More than Link support, I would call this an anti-Link floodgate.

I don't think that you can link with the opponent's cards unless the card is in the Extra Monster Zone, so placing it in the Main Monster Zone would be useless. That's the balance I was intended for it anyway, by forcing you to use the Extra Monster Zone with this card so you can't Summon other Extra Deck Monsters. I don't really know how that works, but should that be the case, it would make this much more powerful than I intended it to be.

Last effect should work like Skill Drain, so on Summon effects are negated as well and Continous Effects.

Of course this needs confirmation, but it may be possible to link to an opponent's Link Monster in the EM Zone from your MM Zone:

O P

XXDPX

Where:

P: Player's Link Monsters

O: Opponent's Link Monster

D: Dimensional Ranger, Summoned on a Zone linked by either of the other Link Monsters

X: Empty Monster Zones

That way, whatever Link chain the opponent has built in his/her side will be bound to Ranger, effectively getting locked.

Of course this needs confirmation, but it may be possible to link to an opponent's Link Monster in the EM Zone from your MM Zone:

O P

XXDPX

Where:

P: Player's Link Monsters

O: Opponent's Link Monster

D: Dimensional Ranger, Summoned on a Zone linked by either of the other Link Monsters

X: Empty Monster Zones

That way, whatever Link chain the opponent has built in his/her side will be bound to Ranger, effectively getting locked.

Yes, if that's what you mean, that should work, though that's a pretty rare situation I expect.

IDK, with such material requirements. you could easily splash this in any deck and once you get your Link chain going and your opponent has theirs, simply drop this on a MM Zone that will link into the opponent's and lock him/her out; since it only negates the opponent's cards, your side of the link will remain active. Or even play or side it in non-Link decks on the off-chance the opponent end up making a Link Monster with a marker on your side.

Maybe make it negate cards on both sides? That way there won't be any abuse as a 1-sided link-locker floodgate. Alternatively, play around with the markers so it won't as easy to link it from your MM Zones.

Archived