Plasma Prince

Question

Hey Everyone,

So I've noticed that despite the new Link Summoning mechanic being around for less than a month, people have managed to create Link Monster cards. I'd just like to know how they do this, as I'd like to get into some Link Monster creation myself. I use TCGEditor but the current version (or at least the one I have) doesn't seem to have Link Monsters.  

If you can, please help me out. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

You can get GIMP (A free image editing software. Basically free photoshop with less features. It's great.) and look at this:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361417-link-monster-template-v10/

Sakura's made a template for them. All you need is GIMP, to download the file, and the required fonts (listed in the thread) and then you can make your own card.

Just saw this, thanks! I actually just downloaded GIMP yesterday.

I should note that I have updated said template, but won't modify the thread until after my exams tomorrow. Basically fixing the Link Markers and making the template look a little closer to the actual thing; current version has kinda iffy Link Markers (and I even admitted that I wasn't satisfied).

But yeah, you just need GIMP to open it and it's a free program (as not all of us have $100+ to spend on Photoshop, or however much it costs nowadays, and/or have a computer that can run it otherwise).

[spoiler=If you guys want an example (V1.2.0)]

66A5Bmo.jpg

There exist two other members who have templates: Zaziuma and BatMed; former used version 1.0 for his first attempt, but then switched to a PSD that Grezar made (I believe this also holds for BatMed).

===

Otherwise, you can still make Link Monsters in a thread by writing out their information. I suspect it'll take TCGEditor quite a while to modify itself for Link Monsters, given the other updates needed (TheProgrammer's still working on general stuff at the moment).

Yeah, I can't afford Photoshop as I have no job (only 14.) Thank you for your help!

Will do. Thanks a ton!

You can get GIMP (A free image editing software. Basically free photoshop with less features. It's great.) and look at this:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361417-link-monster-template-v10/

Sakura's made a template for them. All you need is GIMP, to download the file, and the required fonts (listed in the thread) and then you can make your own card.

I should note that I have updated said template, but won't modify the thread until after my exams tomorrow. Basically fixing the Link Markers and making the template look a little closer to the actual thing; current version has kinda iffy Link Markers (and I even admitted that I wasn't satisfied).

But yeah, you just need GIMP to open it and it's a free program (as not all of us have $100+ to spend on Photoshop, or however much it costs nowadays, and/or have a computer that can run it otherwise).

[spoiler=If you guys want an example (V1.2.0)]

66A5Bmo.jpg

There exist two other members who have templates: Zaziuma and BatMed; former used version 1.0 for his first attempt, but then switched to a PSD that Grezar made (I believe this also holds for BatMed).

===

Otherwise, you can still make Link Monsters in a thread by writing out their information. I suspect it'll take TCGEditor quite a while to modify itself for Link Monsters, given the other updates needed (TheProgrammer's still working on general stuff at the moment).

Archived