[OCG] Effects for the Next VJump Subscription Promos

c35ecf3e.jpg?resize=204%2C300&ssl=1

Entermate Card Gardna / Performapal Card Gardna
Earth Rock / Pendulum / Effect
PS8 LV3 1000/1000
Pendulum Effect:
(1) Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Defense Position monster you control; its DEF becomes the combined original DEF of all face-up Defense Position monsters you control.
Monster Effect:
(1) This card gains DEF equal to the combined original DEF of all “Performapal” monsters you control, except this card.

febf2b22.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

Edge Imp Cotton Eater
Dark Fiend / Pendulum / Effect
PS1 LV7 2400/1600
Pendulum Effect:
(1) Fusion Monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
(2) Once per turn, if a “Frighfur” Fusion Monster is Fusion Summoned to your field: You can draw 1 card.
Monster Effect:
You can only use the monster effect of “Edge Imp Cotton Eater” once per turn.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each “Frightfur” monster in your Graveyard.

https://ygorganization.com/fudonoem/

please discuss

Gardna, I mean, a wall like that could be good, but that's not really what Performapal seems to be about. The Scale is nice, but that's about it.

Cotton Eater, so drawing is pretty nice, but it also just seems a bit lackluster and doesn't really do much to support them, the monster effect will likely never be used. Pendulum Summoning in the Deck could be useful, since most Fluffals have effects that activate on Special Summon, though they don't necessarily have a need for it. Being able to re-Summon a Pendulum Monster for a Fusion Material could be quite nice though, so there's that.

Gardna is actually rather amazing ... an easy scale 8 that neither has downsides, nor a terrible level.

As for Cotton Eater ... is this not a trigger effect ?

(The Pendulum Effect), because if it is, the TCG players can place this as a chain link behind tiger and thus completely block strike.Ed

Edit: These artworks are actually surprisingly amazing, especially Cotton Eater's.

Yeah Card Gardna seems pretty funny in Superheavies.

Cotton Eater seems sucky imo. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Fluffals need Pnedulums, and therefore the draw just seems like an Upstart Goblin that requires a trigger. The burn doesn't particularly scare me either.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Couldn't you use Card Gardna in tandem with Performapal Turn Toad or Whip Viper? You know to switch the targets new Defense with its ATK for a huge temporary beater? Could be OTK potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually changing my point about Cotton Eater.

What this card lacks in power outright, it makes up for in the fact it has a solid name and effect. If you've already seen an Edge Imp/don't need to access the other one, this card is a decent option. It just serves as a cantrip attached to a polymerization, in that scenario.

Being searchable by Patchwork makes all the difference, really, and it's a name at worst, so no real reason not to play 1.

Welcome to the team, 02!

Archived