Zefrabyte, Preserver of Terminals | #Safe(some)Pendulums

Dokutah

Zefrabyte, Preserver of Terminals

EARTH / Rock / Link / Effect

Link 3 > Bottom Left, Bottom, Bottom Right

1 or more "Zefra" Monster

While this card face-up on Extra Monster Zone, this card cannot be Tributed. Main Monster Zone Linked to this card is also treated as Spell/Trap Zone. but you cannot activate or set Spell/Trap cards to that zone except "Zefra cards. Once per turn, When "Zefra" Monster you control would be destroyed by opponent card effect with the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) as any "Zefra" card on your Main Monster Zone Linked to this card: its not destroyed.

ATK 2500

after somewhat "succeeded"  in making Link monster for Qlis ( https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361428-javasqlip-because-im-evilalso-my-link-monster-debut/ ) i kinda found a calling for this year being a maker of Link monster for Pendulum archetype, since most of them suck really hard with the new ruling.

this time i take more freedom in designing them. enabling the mass summon nature of pendulum is not enough... so i give them the earlier format of 5 S/T zone (+ 1 of my kindness) since their S/T selection other than the field is mostly useless and the rest is competing with any generic tech we currently have for those cut off S/T zone.

Maybe change its summoning requirements so it can be used to Link Summon a copy of itself on its own?

Is the "cannot be Tributed" a countermeasure for Kaijus? That's sneaky xD

So, it basically compensates for the Pendulum Zoned being moved to the S/T Zones, while offering a rather odd but intriguing form of protection. IMO an odd way for supporting Zefras, but a creative and intriguing one.

Ad I'm not sure if this would be too much for Zefras now that they have Grammaton.

Maybe change its summoning requirements so it can be used to Link Summon a copy of itself on its own?

Is the "cannot be Tributed" a countermeasure for Kaijus? That's sneaky xD

So, it basically compensates for the Pendulum Zoned being moved to the S/T Zones, while offering a rather odd but intriguing form of protection. IMO an odd way for supporting Zefras, but a creative and intriguing one.

Ad I'm not sure if this would be too much for Zefras now that they have Grammaton.

well Grammaton and some late S/T support do boost them up but i don't think it boost them quite enough...so yeah my designing freedom for now its ensured

well aside of kaiju~ the anti-tribute is to ensuring Grammaton Plays without sacrificing the linked zone you had been invested to

Archived