World Wanderers! The Archetype YOU help make!

MUDKIPISAWESOME!!!

More connection issues prevented this from happening earlier(gotta love crappy internet connection!), but Bump with Edit - Added new cards(with slight editing to clean up card text and hopefully make it less confusing) and edited MarcOjama to match Krashkube's new setup. Now for more C+C!

Superheavy Samurai World Wanderer Ronin
WIND ****
Machine/Effect
If you have no Spell/Trap cards in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). After this card was Special Summoned this way, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn except "Superheavy Samurai" and "World Wanderer" monsters. You can shuffle all Spell/Trap cards from your Graveyard into your Deck. This card gains 100 DEF for every card shuffled into the Deck this way. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Superheavy Samurai" or "World Wanderer" monster from your Deck whose DEF is less than this card's on the field.
1000/1600

Dear goodness. The name. Just. The name. I would pay Konami to print this card in Secret Rare so I could see how bad the name looked being so long in Secret Rare foil. And laugh. In all seriousness, though, I have no idea what Superheavy Samurai are supposed to do, so I don't know how effective this would be there, but I know it'd be great turn 1 Rank 4 setup for a WW Deck, plus it's WIND so if I open with two, I can go turn 1 Lightning Chidori, which works out great going second, or any generic Rank 4. I like the Summoning trigger as well, especially with the shuffling effect to prevent you running out of resources.

…But again. The name. Best thing about this card.

With the thought of Kozmo, I wanted to add a character that Kozmo seemed to forget: The Wizard/Yoda. As the Last Wizard, exiled and hunted by the Dark Lady and her minions, he has left the galaxy in order to wander to a world where he can rest. His power and influence reach across worlds, and he has contacts even amongst his enemies. His powers are so great, that it is rumored that he can construct ships from wreckages, and that he can even resurrect the dead. 

Kozmo World Wanderer - Last Wizard
Light - Level 10 - Psychic/Effect - 0/0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by destroying a Field Spell Card you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can pay 2000 LP; Special Summon 1 "Kozmo" or "World Wanderer" monster from your Deck. During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 9 or lower "Kozmo" or "World Wanderer" monster from your Graveyard. 

Wandered World -  Kozmo Galaxy

Field Spell Card

When a "Kozmo" or "World Wanderer" monster is Summoned; Gain 500 LP. "Kozmo" and "World Wanderer" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Field Spell Card in your Graveyard with a different name. If this card is destroyed, you can target any number of other Field Spell Cards in your Graveyard(min. 1); Shuffle them into the deck and if you do, add 1 "Kozmo", "World Wanderer", or "Wandered World" card from your Deck to your hand.

I think Kozmo Goodwitch is actually based on Yoda and Qui-Gon, but I like this incarnation better - I pictured a bent elderly green gentleman with pointy ears manipulating several theatrical machines/Star Wars stuff(fog machines, stage lights, Droid mannequins, etc.) with the Force when I read the mixup you suggested, and it seemed pretty epic in my head. I think I would give him better stats for his relatively difficult Summoning condition, however, as most Kozmos just spam the Field mid-Battle Phase. Perhaps a solid 3k/3k, or does that seem too much to you guys?

As for the Field Spell, I like the LP gain, especially in full-Kozmo where you can get like three or four Summons off during Battle Phase alone - I could almost see an Aromage/Kozmo build with this card with the right other support(maybe I'll work on an Aromage World Wanderer if nobody else does…). I also like the Field Spell ATK boost, as that's what pure World Wanderers is about - lots of Field Spell focus. The shuffling in is a good thing as well, though I might suggest changing it to requiring a Level less than or equal to the number of Field Spell cards you shuffled if you're getting a monster, otherwise it goes oh look, you MST'd me, so I'll shuffle the one Field Spell I lost earlier and bam, Arilon/Chell to hand for easy Special Summons. Maybe that's not broken, so other people look that over and let me know what you think.

You're not gonna believe this, but last year, I actually made two cards, one with a similar name and lore to your World Wanderers archetype, and an equip spell to go with it. Their effects don't match directly with your ideas regarding Field Spells, though. I'll provide them in this post for you to see. (If posting them in this topic is an issue, I can just edit them out upon request.)

Just a heads-up, I currently put "FRUIOTA HIROSHI" at the bottom of cards, but I used to put "WILL".

m3DtMTd.jpg

Wandering Vagabond

Level 5

EARTH Warrior

2200 / 1400

Doomed to walk the Earth for all eternity, he has made friends with the spirits around him to aid him in his survival.

6rVMzjF.jpg

Spirit Friends of the Vagabond

Equip Spell

Equip on to "Wandering Vagabond". The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and 1000 DEF.If the equipped monster would be destroyed: Destroy this card instead. If this card is in your graveyard while you control a face-up "Wandering Vagabond": You can banish this card, and if you do, destroy one monster your opponent controls.

Posting card pics in the topic isn't an issue at all, that's actually something I wanted people to do because I still can't figure out how to add pictures myself to add for people's cards, so they need to add their own pics if they want people to see pics. I'd advise adding Spoiler Tags over them, though, so they don't take up too much space.
I like the baseline this sets for a possible future Archetype - maybe you should look into filling out a full Archetype for this guy, with specific Spirit Friends appearing as Union or Tuner Monsters, or setting up for Xyz or Fusion plays? Anyways, thanks for the post, mind if I add "Wandering Vagabond" to the main post and add the clause "This card is always treated as a "World Wanderer" card"?

World Wanderer - Aromage Sage

WIND - Level 4 - Plant/Effect - 1600/1600

While your Life Points are higher than your opponent's, face-up Spell/Trap Cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards or effects. Once per turn, if you gain LP: Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Aroma" and "World Wanderer" monsters you control by 300. If this monster is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Aroma" or "World Wanderer" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "World Wanderer - Aromage Sage".

Targeting protection for the Winds cards, and all the Wandered Worlds? You're welcome.

Dear goodness. The name. Just. The name. I would pay Konami to print this card in Secret Rare so I could see how bad the name looked being so long in Secret Rare foil. And laugh. In all seriousness, though, I have no idea what Superheavy Samurai are supposed to do, so I don't know how effective this would be there, but I know it'd be great turn 1 Rank 4 setup for a WW Deck, plus it's WIND so if I open with two, I can go turn 1 Lightning Chidori, which works out great going second, or any generic Rank 4. I like the Summoning trigger as well, especially with the shuffling effect to prevent you running out of resources.

…But again. The name. Best thing about this card.

Thanks. Tbh, I didn't really realize how silly the name was until you pointed it out.

I do wanna note that Ronin restricts summons though, so no Lightning Chidori. On the other hand, it does give an incentive to make WW Xyz monsters, eh?

Posting card pics in the topic isn't an issue at all, that's actually something I wanted people to do because I still can't figure out how to add pictures myself to add for people's cards, so they need to add their own pics if they want people to see pics. I'd advise adding Spoiler Tags over them, though, so they don't take up too much space.

I like the baseline this sets for a possible future Archetype - maybe you should look into filling out a full Archetype for this guy, with specific Spirit Friends appearing as Union or Tuner Monsters, or setting up for Xyz or Fusion plays? Anyways, thanks for the post, mind if I add "Wandering Vagabond" to the main post and add the clause "This card is always treated as a "World Wanderer" card"?

All right, I'll add the spoiler tags.

Go right ahead, you can use Wandering Vagabond in your archetype. I haven't thought much about extended support for him, but I'll think of something.

I am glad to see this topic didn't die, I do however have a few concerns about things currently created.

Firstly, by complete accident, I single handedly broke World Wanderer's with LeFay. Let me explain. By opening with Gagagigo and Korroptus, it was possible to make a field of a rank 8, a Artorgius xyz with 2 noble arms, Arilon, LeFay with a Noble Arm, and +7 cards to your hand, almost all of them Field Spells. In essence, the combo worked in a number of "loops"

- Korroptus effect to activate Atlantis, and summon gagagigio, which turns itself into LeFay + a noble arm. Lefay explodes Atlantis to revive gagigo, and adds a Field Spell to hand. Gagagigo goes into Arilon, who shuffles Atlantis into the deck to search a Korroptus. Then use Korroptus to Activate Ceyrlla if you didn't already add it to your hand, and use its effect to bring back gagagigio. Rinse and repeat into Lefay, as she only maintains a soft restriction per copy, similar to Infernity Necromancer. In fact, No card in this archetype has a Hard Once Per turn across all copies restriction, meaning that as long as you can summon more copies, there effects can continue to go off.

The combo does demand a large part of the deck be devoted to it, with 3 Korroptus, 3 Cerylla, 3 LeFay, 3 Arilon, 3 different Noble Arms, at least 1 Atlantis and 1 Gagagigio.

Tl;DR: As it stands, the deck plays similar to Infernity- Resummoning stuff from elsewhere to abuse search effects. At the end of ONE version of this combo, you end with Number 38, Artorgius with Destiny and Gallatin, Lefay with Cadlefwych( a Infernity Barrier like effect) and Arilon, with 2 Korroptus and the 3 of the archetypes abuseable Monster Reborn, Cerylla, and 2 Extra Field Spells of your choice.

At this point, we have to decide whether this insane ability is balanced by A.) lack of a reliable searcher for the deck. Gagigo and Korroptus are not guaranteed to be in your first hand, and you NEED Gagigo and Atlantis in order to begin your play. There are certainly other decks that can pull off better boards more reliably ( D/D/D, Zoodiac, Windwitch Varaints, etc).  and B.) other than Cerylla, our Field spells we search are noticeably lacking in power to further advance plays.

If we come to the decision that cards need to be reworked, I would suggest LeFay on the cutting board first, as it is her soft restrictions and free field search that allows us to run the deck so explosively. The Answer would be Simple. Make her effect read -

-"This card is always treated as a "Noble Knight" monster. When this card is Summoned, if a "Wandered World" Field Spell Card is face-up on the field: You can equip 1 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card from your Deck to this card. You can destroy 1 face-up Spell Card you control; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" or "World Wanderer" monster from your Graveyard. If a Field Spell Card you control is destroyed, or a "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard; Add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Each effect of "Noble World Wanderer - LeFay can only be used once per turn."

This is of course, at the discretion of the members involved in the creation of the Archetype.

In Regards to your suggestion of Wizard, His summon is relatively easy in Both World Wanderers and Kozmo. A field spell card is not much to ask in either deck, as Kozmo have been know to run Both Kozmotown and Fire King Island. The Idea was, as you said, to manipulate the strings of others, not necessarily fight himself. Putting more than a meager attack stack of , lets say 2000, may be a bit too much value in practice, especially for World wanderers in light of the combo I mentioned above. Both Decks already have a large OTK potential, and I don't want wizard to be a solo OTK card. In Kozmo, a 3000 ATK Wizard can search destroyer, popping a card, and dealing at least 6000 in battle damage, with the ability to float into any other Kozmo you placed in the graveyard, such as Dark Eclipser. I would prefer him stay at 0 ATK, or something equally small, such as 1000 or less.

Your suggestion on Kozmo galaxy, to restrict it's search to a equal level as shuffled, is a wonderful idea, and I do believe it would be good in restricting the power of the card, while also being a reasonable search in World Wanderer ( +5 field spells is quite the search potential)

Again, I truly enjoy developing this archetype, and cannot wait to see what comes next, but we do need to address the issue of LeFay and Cerylla as possible "problem cards". Although I certainly enjoy a powerful Field Card Based deck, this may be too far. But when compared to the current Meta, it might be inline with current trends and deck power levels. That is just my assessment of the situation.

I am glad to see this topic didn't die, I do however have a few concerns about things currently created.

Firstly, by complete accident, I single handedly broke World Wanderer's with LeFay. Let me explain. By opening with Gagagigo and Korroptus, it was possible to make a field of a rank 8, a Artorgius xyz with 2 noble arms, Arilon, LeFay with a Noble Arm, and +7 cards to your hand, almost all of them Field Spells. In essence, the combo worked in a number of "loops"

- Korroptus effect to activate Atlantis, and summon gagagigio, which turns itself into LeFay + a noble arm. Lefay explodes Atlantis to revive gagigo, and adds a Field Spell to hand. Gagagigo goes into Arilon, who shuffles Atlantis into the deck to search a Korroptus. Then use Korroptus to Activate Ceyrlla if you didn't already add it to your hand, and use its effect to bring back gagagigio. Rinse and repeat into Lefay, as she only maintains a soft restriction per copy, similar to Infernity Necromancer. In fact, No card in this archetype has a Hard Once Per turn across all copies restriction, meaning that as long as you can summon more copies, there effects can continue to go off.

The combo does demand a large part of the deck be devoted to it, with 3 Korroptus, 3 Cerylla, 3 LeFay, 3 Arilon, 3 different Noble Arms, at least 1 Atlantis and 1 Gagagigio.

Tl;DR: As it stands, the deck plays similar to Infernity- Resummoning stuff from elsewhere to abuse search effects. At the end of ONE version of this combo, you end with Number 38, Artorgius with Destiny and Gallatin, Lefay with Cadlefwych( a Infernity Barrier like effect) and Arilon, with 2 Korroptus and the 3 of the archetypes abuseable Monster Reborn, Cerylla, and 2 Extra Field Spells of your choice.

At this point, we have to decide whether this insane ability is balanced by A.) lack of a reliable searcher for the deck. Gagigo and Korroptus are not guaranteed to be in your first hand, and you NEED Gagigo and Atlantis in order to begin your play. There are certainly other decks that can pull off better boards more reliably ( D/D/D, Zoodiac, Windwitch Varaints, etc).  and B.) other than Cerylla, our Field spells we search are noticeably lacking in power to further advance plays.

If we come to the decision that cards need to be reworked, I would suggest LeFay on the cutting board first, as it is her soft restrictions and free field search that allows us to run the deck so explosively. The Answer would be Simple. Make her effect read -

-"This card is always treated as a "Noble Knight" monster. When this card is Summoned, if a "Wandered World" Field Spell Card is face-up on the field: You can equip 1 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card from your Deck to this card. You can destroy 1 face-up Spell Card you control; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" or "World Wanderer" monster from your Graveyard. If a Field Spell Card you control is destroyed, or a "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard; Add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Each effect of "Noble World Wanderer - LeFay can only be used once per turn."

This is of course, at the discretion of the members involved in the creation of the Archetype.

In Regards to your suggestion of Wizard, His summon is relatively easy in Both World Wanderers and Kozmo. A field spell card is not much to ask in either deck, as Kozmo have been know to run Both Kozmotown and Fire King Island. The Idea was, as you said, to manipulate the strings of others, not necessarily fight himself. Putting more than a meager attack stack of , lets say 2000, may be a bit too much value in practice, especially for World wanderers in light of the combo I mentioned above. Both Decks already have a large OTK potential, and I don't want wizard to be a solo OTK card. In Kozmo, a 3000 ATK Wizard can search destroyer, popping a card, and dealing at least 6000 in battle damage, with the ability to float into any other Kozmo you placed in the graveyard, such as Dark Eclipser. I would prefer him stay at 0 ATK, or something equally small, such as 1000 or less.

Your suggestion on Kozmo galaxy, to restrict it's search to a equal level as shuffled, is a wonderful idea, and I do believe it would be good in restricting the power of the card, while also being a reasonable search in World Wanderer ( +5 field spells is quite the search potential)

Again, I truly enjoy developing this archetype, and cannot wait to see what comes next, but we do need to address the issue of LeFay and Cerylla as possible "problem cards". Although I certainly enjoy a powerful Field Card Based deck, this may be too far. But when compared to the current Meta, it might be inline with current trends and deck power levels. That is just my assessment of the situation.

Wow. You really thought this one through - I don't know that I would have found those kinds of plays out on my own. For altering cards, the alteration of individual cards in this post is entirely up to the guy or girl who made said card, so you're the one who gets to decide how to fix LeFay, but Draconus would need to be notified if we want to look at Cerylla as it's his card. Speaking of, liking the Aromage WW, Draco, but I'mma wait to add it in until tomorrow because I'm on a time crunch today. For now, I'm adding the Kozmo Galaxy restriction and we'll see if anyone else on this forum with nothing better to do with their life decides to test the cards and see if it's still ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, this took WAAAY longer to get back around to than I thought it would(who knew writing backstories for OCs belonging to DeviantArt users or voting on Fire Emblem Forums could be so time-consuming?), but BwE - added the Aromage World Wanderer, with slight change to name. I think I'm still in the 60-day limit for original poster, but if I done goofed, my bad Sakura, I'll go ahead and repost this after a week or so instead.

Archived