Mom carrying baby without brain to term - to donate organs

Ryusei the Morning Star

That's really fascinating (no disrespect to your infantile sufferings).

As with Giga, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. You said most of your brain was outside your skull, so was there part of it inside? And if so, how did they fuse the brain tissues.

Overall, neato speedy

lol i literally said he didn't have to answer, but thanks for covering my bases there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalocele this should answer most of your questions about the condition. Warning: there is totally an image of a toddler's skull on that webpage, and numerous instances of blood, so watch out if you are sensitive to that stuff.

lol i literally said he didn't have to answer, but thanks for covering my bases there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalocele this should answer most of your questions about the condition. Warning: there is totally an image of a toddler's skull on that webpage, and numerous instances of blood, so watch out if you are sensitive to that stuff.

Given that establishing new neural connections is really difficult, I just found it fascinating that they were able to reconnect a large part of his brain.  

Apologies if what I said was hurtful at all, I'm sure you can see how your initial statement could be interpreted as satirical.

Accepted

May I ask if you were affected on the front or back of the skull? Cursory research on encephaloceles indicates that it actually largely varies based on location in the world, which I find incredibly curious.

I don't know and I don't want to know.

I also read that 75% of those affected end up with some form of mental disability. I recall you mentioning at some point that you had Asperger's, do you know if that is in any way related?

The Asperger's is not related afaik. 

That's really fascinating (no disrespect to your infantile sufferings).

As with Giga, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. You said most of your brain was outside your skull, so was there part of it inside? And if so, how did they fuse the brain tissues.

Overall, neato speedy

As Brackets said:

Not really a matter of reattaching anything. 

Oh and @Brackets, 

Winter wasn't saying that I didn't have to answer your questions, nor was he covering your bases. What he meant by this:

As with Giga, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. 

Was to simply reuse your saying this:

Feel free to ignore any of these questions you like, I understand if it is too personal. I am just incredibly curious.

to make it clear that it applied for his questions also.

EDIT: I just want to ask for no more questions about it, and if possible I'd like to put this whole thing behind me

Asperger's was suspected to be genetic, though it is not known in exactly what capacity or what other factors are involved.

However, it no longer exists, says the medical field. The diagnosis was removed in 2013, with Aspergians simply being placed on the autism spectrum instead as a (usually) high-functioning autism, though our criticisms regarding this decision are quite present.

Asperger's was suspected to be genetic, though it is not known in exactly what capacity or what other factors are involved.

However, it no longer exists, says the medical field. The diagnosis was removed in 2013, with Aspergians simply being placed on the autism spectrum instead as a (usually) high-functioning autism, though our criticisms regarding this decision are quite present.

Not in the UK I think. I was diagnosed in 2015. I first got the autism diagnosis, and then a few months later was told specifically asperger's

*Shrugs* 

I had a near perfect ACT and SAT, got into a top 15 college in the US, and did "better" than most normal kids and certainly better than most autistic kids. I'm not even sure why it's still being lumped in with autism. 

Honestly kinda insulting

*Shrugs* 

I had a near perfect ACT and SAT, got into a top 15 college in the US, and did "better" than most normal kids and certainly better than most autistic kids. I'm not even sure why it's still being lumped in with autism. 

Honestly kinda insulting

Because autism is a spectrum, not a single condition. Aspergers has always been considered a high functioning form of it. The title doesn't define your capabilities.

Precisely.

The problem with removing the diagnosis is that it is more difficult for children who would have previously been classified as Aspergian to get the accommodation or support they may need. It is a high-functioning autism, and therefore doesn't entail any intellectual disability, but its effects on one's social abilities -- and in the case of Asperger's, motor skills -- can still be detrimental to one's learning experience overall. Without a more accurate diagnosis than simply "high-functioning autism," either the wrong treatment or no treatment may be given. I certainly would be in very hot water if I didn't get the medication and psychiatric care that I did when I was diagnosed. Even one year later and things could have been much worse for me.

Archived