The "Valkyrie" Archetype!

KDironclaw

Hello all! You may remember me from that failed attempt at Dragon-Type support. Good times...

Anyway! I'm back at it again with cardmaking. I was playing this game called Puzzle & Dragons, (where all this amazing art comes from,) and I stumbled across a group of monsters, then it clicked. I simply had to make an archetype for these ones, so I went to the drawing board to put my miserable cardmaking skills to somewhat good use.

Please note that this archetype is highly W.I.P. at the moment and I'll (hopefully) get to adding/tweaking cards as time goes on, (preferably the spell/trap support,) but without further ado...

[spoiler=Monsters]
[spoiler=Main Monsters]
[spoiler=Valkyrie]GW9ui5P.png

[spoiler=Princess Valkyrie]PHjwYIy.png

Effect: If your opponent controls more monsters than you do: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Valkyrie" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Grande Valkyrie]sDCY4yT.png

Pendulum Effect: If a face-up "Valkyrie" monster you control would be removed from the field, you can destroy this card instead. You can return 1 "Valkyrie" card you control to the hand; Special Summon this card from the Pendulum Zone.

Monster Effect: When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Valkyrie" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Battle Maiden, Grande Valkyrie" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Monsters]
[spoiler=Divine Law Goddess, Valkyrie Rose]z0kuGh4.png

Link Number: 2, Link Markers: Bottom-Left and Bottom-Right, Two Effect Monsters

Effect:Each monster linked to this monster gains 100 ATK for each "Valkyrie" card you control. Once per turn, you can add 1 " Valkyrie" card from your Deck to your hand.

Side Note: Since TCG Editor hasn't released a Link template yet, and I have zero experience with photoshop or gimp, I'm simply going to use a Token for the time being.

[spoiler=Azure Goddess, Valkyrie Reine]Q3SApNf.png

2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters

Monster Effect: "Valkyrie" monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Valkyrie" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Azure Goddess, Valkyrie Reine" once per turn.

[spoiler=Phoenix Goddess, Valkyrie Femme]bY96Xls.png

1 "Valkyrie" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Effect: When a "Valkyrie" monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "Valkyrie" card from your hand or face-up on your side of the field to target 1 other "Valkyrie" monster you control; it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.

[spoiler=Thorned Goddess, Valkyrie Elize]d70Muf4.png

1 "Valkyrie" monster + 1 Warrior-Type monster

Effect: Once per turn, when a "Valkyrie" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

[spoiler=Black-Winged Goddess, Valkyrie Claire]n1dStRF.png

Side Note: I haven't quite thought of an effect (or card art) for the Ritual Spell, so consider it your average non-generic Ritual Spell for now.

Effect: This card can be Ritual Summoned with "Dark Ceremony of the Princess Valkyrie". During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card effect: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; that target has it's effects negated until the end of this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Black-Winged Goddess, Valkyrie Claire" once per turn.

If there are any issues or ways to make this better, be sure to tell me in the comments! Feedback/criticism is welcome!

Archived