Darj

Hero of the Four Swords
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Warrior/Link/Effect
Link: 4
Link Markers: Top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right
ATK: 2400
2 or more Warrior-Type monsters
This card gains 400 ATK for each monster Linked to it. Unaffected by your opponent's card effects while 4 or more monsters are Linked to it. While this card has 4 monsters directly Linked to it, neither player can Special Summon monsters. If this card leaves the field: You can target 4 other Warrior-Type monsters in the Graveyards; Special Summon the first target to your side of the field, add the second target to your hand and keep it revealed, shuffle the third target into the Deck, and banish the fourth target.

Trying to reference Zelda: Four Swords, and messing with the number 4 with its effects, also with experimental clauses: with "directly Linked" I'm referring to the monsters placed in Main Monster Zones its markers point towards.

This card is intended to be a reliable Link4 to finish or wrap up your Link laddering. Not sure if it would be too strong since 4+ Linked monsters gives it 4000+ ATK and effect immunity already, and with the 4 adjacent monsters it becomes a scarier Kristya, although requiring Warriors may keep it in check, plus the lock depends on the opponent keeping 2 of those monsters, IDK.

Note that the float effect targets Warriors in both graveyards, so you can use to disrupt the opponent, but also it must target 4 monsters to apply the effect.

Thoughts?

If you make the first target a Warrior in your opponent's grave, who's side do you want to Summon it to? Because right now it would Summon to your side of the field.

with "directly Linked" I'm referring to the monsters placed in Main Monster Zones its markers point towards.

Isn't this what Linked means anyway? Or does it mean all monsters in a chain/net of Links Markers?

As for the card itself, it's clearly very powerful, but it relies on your opponent's interaction to make it fully threatening. I like that. Even if your opponent already has monsters in those zones, they can likely either Tribute Summon over them to unlock their Special Summons (Domain-style), or just Raigeki/Dark Hole/Slumber/monster removal spell of choice your board and regain Special Summoning that way. In a metagame where this card was prevalent, people would likely be careful not to end their turn with a monster in both those zones anyway. The facts that you have to turn it off if you want to win the game and that OTKing without Special Summons is hard make it fairer too. Great work!

If you make the first target a Warrior in your opponent's grave, who's side do you want to Summon it to? Because right now it would Summon to your side of the field.

It would be summoned on your side a-la Monster Reborn. Will edit to be more clear on that.

Isn't this what Linked means anyway? Or does it mean all monsters in a chain/net of Links Markers?

IDK, really. I assume you can extend the chain by linking Link monsters to each other, (e.g. Linking Honeybot to Decoder will let you Tribute a monster linked to Honeybot for Decoder's effect) but we need confirmation on the mechanic.

So, with the "directly Linked" clause, I'm limiting the lock to require the 4 Zones this monster is directly marking to be occupied for it to be applied. Or at least that's the intention.

As for the card itself, it's clearly very powerful, but it relies on your opponent's interaction to make it fully threatening. I like that. Even if your opponent already has monsters in those zones, they can likely either Tribute Summon over them to unlock their Special Summons (Domain-style), or just Raigeki/Dark Hole/Slumber/monster removal spell of choice your board and regain Special Summoning that way. In a metagame where this card was prevalent, people would likely be careful not to end their turn with a monster in both those zones anyway. The facts that you have to turn it off if you want to win the game and that OTKing without Special Summons is hard make it fairer too. Great work!

Thanks!

Yeah, it also forces you to remove the lock yourself by destroying/battling the opponent's monsters linked to it if you want to go for a push.

Archived