Wisdom-Eye Magician

Fire Formation - Tenki

Book of Moon

Interuppted Kaiju Slumber

Dimensional Barrier

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk

UNLIMITED (3)

lolidunno

This is my first ever banlist prediction, so it is bound to some bias and some unnecessary choices, but for this banlist, I'm only taking in consideration the next possible and best banlist for the TCG. I'm not caring about Link Monsters or whatever is in store next set such as True Dracos, it's just a prediction list that is intended to balance the format and not too centered around Zoodiac, but not outright kill it. Obviously Konami needs the $$ and Zoodiac is still fresh out of the printer, plus I really adore the combos Zoodiacs offer and the potential it holds, but it shouldn't be easy to bring out all the time with 1 card. I also tried adding back some strength to decks as per usual with banlist predictions. So without further ado:

Level Eater and Omega are being questioned because of Dark Synchro shenanigans. I'm not sure if they're really widely used anymore tbh. They were popping up in few places pre-RATE, and now I'm unclear about it's status, but I'm putting these two in confinement for the sole reason of eliminating degeneracy. I really don't know, but I bet Zombie players and Infernoid players will get angry about this the most.

Norden pretty much is going to follow the same path as the OCG. He's widely splashable in a lot of decks, from turbo to mild helmet/control, and can make instant Synchros and Xyzs in a blitz. He's a baiter, combo-extender, and catalyst for some notable OTKs and FTKs, and I believe only now he gets the hammer cause of the recent release of Theseus as an alternative, as well as Zoodiacs being a thing. I honestly have to say that while it's saddening, it's inevitable.

Kirin is dumbaf in all ways possible. Even when Pendulums are at a currently balanced state, this card just breaks through the field nukes and becomes an extra pain to deal with. I think Zoodiac players and a lot of rogue decks will be pleased to see this go, and decks like Metalfoes can run more worthwhile techs. This just has to die.

Terrortop to 1 for obvious Zoodiac reasons. Tenki @2 to do the same, but it's kind of a soft hit for me; same with not doing anything with Barrage. I believe a consistency nerf is more ideal to slow the influence of Zoodiac, but not too much to stop pure or Kaiju variants, as well as not making the engine unplayable in special decks. I'm only questioning Drancia if it's actually fine to put the brakes on them, but it is possible considering the consistency hits requested.

I'm only letting Juggler comeback because it would be nice to promote more BriFu plays and see more splashability for Trick Clown and Hatricker again to make up for Norden's loss. Plushfire return to me just might seem too soon and it just isn't the time yet to see its return before Pendulums get nerfed. It's still very much abusable in Dracopals and variants with Zoodiacs in them.

Even though ABCs are slowing down in use, I think it's better off just to push it away and let whatever is trending...trend. The deck was kinda dumb anyway with ridiculous floating and instant offensive power steming from this card.

Super Poly @1 since Norden is gone anyway. It would be more interesting seeing this in Metalfoe decks as a way to counter a lot of other decks, but I think if OCG can handle it, so can we.

REDMD semi to promote more Dragons to make interesting plays, and I think Blue-Eyes shouldn't care. Only thing to worry is the resurgence of Chaos Dragons with Lawnmower and all, but possibly that kind of side-effect can either be fine to deal with or just plain questionable.

Genex @2 to make rogue decks feel a little better.

Wisdom-Eye @2 since Magicians really aren't doing anything now, and Kirin hit is suitable.

Slumber @2 as just another soft hit just to make it not so easy to nuke and OTK.

DB gets a hit @2 because it seems to be a fair number to them. 3 is just terrible for being able to consistently make your opponent unable-to-play-YGO, but a hit @1 would be a bit too harsh and at least it's not an incredibly continuously oppressive floodgate.

And Cannahawk @2 since...I guess Ritual Beasts should have some more fairness. Granted I only played with them a little and I don;t know exactly what the new support will offer for them, but it will be nice to see these make some comeback or leniency.

I honestly have no idea what I want to unlimit. Nothing from the current semi-list is good to move up IMO, and I think it isn't a good idea to move much straight from 0-1 -> 3 without being limited first.

Archived