Apprentice Piper

It's pretty slow and only SS's from the hand so I can't really see this being played competitively (Charmers aren't competitive, so hush), but I can totally see this being played in casual/budget decks to summon up to two big monsters from your hand as a nice little surprise for anyone who kills it through destruction. I like it.

Okay so scratch most of what I said in that previous paragraph, didn't realize it triggered off of effect destruction too. Starting over now:

It's not super searchable outside of Unpossessed (calm down Charmer fanboys/girls) and uses up your Normal Summon unless you use something like The Shallow Grave or Burst Reverse (which tbh isn't a super good idea 'cause your opponent would know not to kill it, but then again you could always use something like Dark Hole or Torrential Tribute to kill it and get a free summon). Hell, you could even use Apprentice Magician (or whatever the card that floats into level 2 or lower Spellcasters is called) now that I think about it. Sadly it only SS'es from the hand, so good luck drawing your big monsters instead of just milling them with Foolish Burial or any other mill card and summoning them with Soul Charge, Call of the Haunted, Oasis of Dragon's Souls, etc. Aside from that though, it's a cute card and I like it.

also name was a total missed opportunity for a mini Mystic Piper or something, but oh well

Archived