(COTD) Dark World Brainwashing

COTD-JP074 Dark World Brainwashing
Continuous Trap Card
When an opponent’s monster effect is activated, if you have 3 or more cards in your hand: You can target 1 “Dark World” monster on the field; return it to the hand, and if you do, that opponent’s monster effect becomes “Your opponent discards 1 random card”.

Well, this is a very good start for the Dark World support. It recycles your monsters, pseudo-negates your opponent monster effect multiple times per turn and triggers "Dark World" monsters' effects. Given the level they are at, one would just be able to pull it off once per turn, anyway, given that putting multiple Dark World on the field makes it counterproductive to the hand size, which is fine.

Dark World gets a new card from the anime? Wasn't expecting that, but this is pretty interesting, despite what they have become, I always liked the idea of making the opponent discard your cards for additional effects, while this card may be a bit weird to use, it is a pretty cool card, if you use the ones that Special Summon themselves, the return doesn't even matter and you basically block out any monster effect since this isn't once per turn, so that's fun.

And then your opponent suddenly realizes you have 2 goldds and 2 beiiges ... anyways, it is a start ... though I do not see why Dark Worlds of all archtypes would deserve support.

Oh wow, these don't even have OPT clauses, infinite monster effect prevention hoooo!

Does this really help? DW didn'twant more enablers, they wanted more good s*** to get enabled, because deck relied on a total of what two good monsters to work?

I guess being continous is fun, but it relies on your having a monster on the field, (Whhich is not always certain), and having 3 cards in hand, which again, not that certain. Unless the intention is 'Have Grapha on the field, opponent actives an effect, return Grapha, discard grapha  pop something and then potentially steal a monster'. But it's  a random discard... so it sucks at enabling that play because you can wind up with a grapha sstuck in hand. S

Seems bad honestly.Just from the perspective of sheet I remember about the problems of Dark World.

Twilightsworn Ryko incoming?

And yeah, card looks tricky to use. I rememebr DWs summoning 2 Graphas frequently, and this could be an incentive to keep them instead of going for a Rank8 to detach and Summon again, but IDK, requiring 3+ cards pn hand for the sake of the card looks like will hold you from doing many plays, plus of course the need of a DW on field to keep it active is a vulnerability, too. Note that it can bounce DWs your opponent controls too so...could it be a good call for DW mirror matches? xD

And then your opponent suddenly realizes you have 2 goldds and 2 beiiges ... anyways, it is a start ... though I do not see why Dark Worlds of all archtypes would deserve support.

Because Dark World are trash? They need more cards like Snow and Brow in order to actually do anything. Grapha has also aged horribly. 

Because Dark World are trash? They need more cards like Snow and Brow in order to actually do anything. Grapha has also aged horribly. 

What are you talking about ? I never asked if they need support, I asked if the archtype would deserve getting said support ... though I am kind of intrigued by a main-deck focused non-pendulum archtype (excluding monarchs, due to the fact they do everything I could hate about that concept).

What are you talking about ? I never asked if they need support, I asked if the archtype would deserve getting said support ... though I am kind of intrigued by a main-deck focused non-pendulum archtype (excluding monarchs, due to the fact they do everything I could hate about that concept).

You tend to support bad decks.

You tend to support bad decks.

True, however there is more than 1 archtype, which would require that kind of support, so it would be/is an active decision to say, that out of all the possible choices this one deserves to get supported.

(Though it may sound that way, I am not annoyed, considering this is not monarchs (which can honestly just rot away without the game losing anything)).

The fact that this thing has no once per turn in the slightest is absolutely bonkers considering the interactions that can arise:

1) Discarding Broww draws 2 cards, letting you keep your hand up.

2) Discarding Beiige, Goldd, Latinum, or Sillva replaces the monster you had to bounce back, effectively making the cost 0 on top of whatever bonus effects may trigger since it was an opponent's card effect that discarded.

3) Discarding Grapha pops a thing, but then you have a chance to steal a monster from their hand.

4) Discarding Lucent gives you TWO things to bounce back for the price of one.

This card, with the proper hand, effectively makes it so "if I have Dark Worlds on my field, you are not ever using monster effects". It's pretty freakin amazing.

Oh, if the name remains as "Dark World", then it will be searchable by Snoww, so that's a plus.

And forgot Goldd and Siilva also had the self-summoning effects, so any combination of 3 Beiige/Goldd/Silva on hand will practically allow you to 100% negate all opponent's monster effects. Also I didn't consider that once Extra-deck based Decks take a step back after Link monsters, DWs may have better chances of standing out.

Where's the pack space? There's 13 LS that need to be evil'd. 12 if you don't count both Minerva. 11 Given Jain already being made. 11 cards is a tough haul for the set

why would they retrain all of them, especially off the bat =x

There were 8 in LotD, and I'd think only the more iconic ones would get it.

IDK, still skeptical on DWs influencing LSs into darkness. I mean, in this card's artwork Ryko already has a twilightsworn attire, implying it was already dark at the time it meets Grapha. I still suspect LSs first went to the dark side, and now Grapha is taking advantage of their dark powers to influence or brainwash them or whatever.

I don't see Grapha corrupting Jugdment Dragon on its own, either.

It is also important to note that Dark World is harmed very little by the rule changes. The ability to maintain their ceiling without bothering with links, as well as this new support, really gives the deck a damn good chance, as I see it. Probably not tier 1 by any means, but definitely have a chance of being relevant.

It is also important to note that Dark World is harmed very little by the rule changes. The ability to maintain their ceiling without bothering with links, as well as this new support, really gives the deck a damn good chance, as I see it. Probably not tier 1 by any means, but definitely have a chance of being relevant.

i think thats what konami is gonna start doing,giving old decks with no extra deck support with new cards

personally i just hope we get more ritual monsters/support

Archived