Spell canceller

It's strong but the issue is its searchability and that it normally requires 1 Tribute for its Normal Summon. IIRC it saw some play in formats with Nekroz, where some decks could afford its Normal Summon.

I guess it's worth a shot in Speedroids and Transmodify? IDK.

The problem is that zoodiac just have so many ways to get to drident without using a spell card, so this is just dead in the water. Other decks can just summon something with higher ATK.

It was insane in the past, being easily summoned in BA and single-handedly winning the game against nekroz and qli, but that just isn't the game anymore.

In the past this card was dumb around the peak of BA and pre-Lawnmower Infernoids. Sure it did funk over Nekroz, and this shits on Pendulums, but when it came to wider appications, Anti-Spell is more better. Now it's pretty mediocre and only rarely used as a side tool possibly in an Infernoid mirror I bet. It's the tribute summon that's the catch.

i'm making a paleozoic deck that runs it. considering canadia can flip any ratpiers facedown, and canceller means they have no real field wiping options, it might be a decent tech to force drident popping. and against other decks, similar. things happen, metalfoes, lawnmowing based decks, ect, all would have to burn off something valuable to get past it, while it's just a side strategy in my deck. hopefully i can make it work properly.

• 5 months later...

Archived