Why did you get involve in the YCM community?

CybZer0

I am curious to read your reasons as it may motivate me. For me, I come and go. Initially, I never had the intention of being involved, but I would like to. In real life community centers, I don't get involved too much. So, it's uncharacteristic of me to do so in YCM also.

To be fair, I initially joined only for the cardmaker (isn't that the case for a vast majority of new members who never get seen?) Only with time did I decide to come on the forum and start posting. Yeah, I did quit in mid-December 2011 due to lack of interest and motivation (albeit having gotten over 15,000 posts at that time), but decided to return 21 months later after finding out Xyz Monsters got added to the cardmaker (and I suppose missing a lot of guys I knew in the past). 

But really, suppose I'm still here because this is one of the few places that I can even talk about the game with other people, as a lot of the guys my age at college either care about surfing or other miscellaneous crap, which I have little interest in, and not so much with the game (yeah, the new changes suck to an extent). That, and suppose getting an outlet to have my stuff CnC'd (either cardmaking or GFX, whenever I have time to make stuff nowadays in Showcase). 

====

Also because it's the only online community that I'm on that's even active. 

The thing that really got me active in the community (or at least part of it) here was the Halloween Masquerade event of 2014. I love Halloween, and the idea of a forum event where members got alternate monster accounts and were free to run around under the guise of their monster selves and their regular selves. I got caught up in the fun of it all and along the way I apparently made a good impression a few of RP's members, one of whom introduced me to others, and I wound up getting along with the lot of them pretty well. So now I just kinda hang around RP and greet new members whenever they make intro threads.

So I stay involved for good friends and I've also mentioned a few times that YCM - at least to me - feels like it has a sense of community (dysfunctional though it can be sometimes, but that's why I like it maybe) that other forums I've been to just...don't have. Got initially involved for Halloween fun.

Originally joined for the card maker, but eventually thought of posting some cards for other people to see on the main forum. Though after only a few threads, I went on hiatus for almost a year, but have been very active since my return. Sure, I still post cards, but I have touched upon other sections over time, such as Games/Miscellaneous, Video Games, and even Clubs. I think the reason I'm still involved here is because of some of the people I've befriended or been acquainted with.

I originally joined for the card maker, but ended up getting involved in the game because I wanted to see how my cards really stood in terms of the game (and they were horrible by design). Got better at it, ended up dropping off the face of the earth for some time, came back, hung out in RC again, and then the Advanced Clause rule came into effect by card design, and I also ended up experimenting with RP'ing on here a bit. Couldn't really get much enjoyment out of it, though, especially since every bloody RP fails 10 times out of 10. Now I just kinda stalk the forum and make fun of people. In their face.

I originally joined for the cardmaker back in 2008, and the cards I made then were really shitty. It wasn't until the summer of 2010 when I got involved with the forums, I think to check it out tbph. One of the sections I was most active in back in the day was Clubs & Organisations (remember when that was a thing), certainly a contributing factor as to why my post count is this high. And after 7 years, I'm still here.

Well yes, some people come here just for cardmaker because it is better some others. Even I wasnt gonna bother staying, but being alone is shitty. Events are really the best things here. 

I knew someone was gonna post something like this eventually.

Archived