[Sakura] Charging Mane Stallion

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Charging_Mane_Stallion.jpg

Charging Mane Stallion
Level 7 | EARTH | Beast | Synchro | Effect
2500/2100
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
① When another monster you control battles: It gains 300 ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step.

② Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster you control would be targeted by an opponent's card effect: You can negate that effect, and if you do, destroy it.

(If changes are made, use the written data below for grading. Picture doesn't update from Wikia, even though I have changed it to be uniform)

====

So yeah, this is intended to be a mild power booster for other monsters (which kind of goes in line with the CFV card I borrowed the pic from; effect-wise) and anti-targeting protection. Was supposed to trigger during either player's turn (not just yours); though in perspective, you could probably block the usual Drancia pops and stuff on your own turn (mentioning that because of Zoos).

But then looking it over, it'd be sorely outclassed by the other generic 7s (power boosting is somewhat outdated, albeit it helps in certain instances, and Haru Urara/Yuki Usagi do a better job at being more reactive in terms of negation, while being "free" [well, discarding themselves anyway]).

That, and Beasts need more ED members that are actually good nowadays. Only competition this technically has is Bicorn, but milling isn't even a bad thing.

====

Yes, the pic comes from another CFV card (to be fair, I have been wanting to learn how to play for a while, but still figuring out if I should at this time given new mechanics and all). You can look it up under Lion Mane Stallion if you're interested.

====

Anyway, you know what to do with this.

Reps given to those of you who critique properly under Advanced Clause rules.

I usually don't do this, but bumping this because YCM was dead the past 2 days. Also, use the written data beneath pic because Wikia screwed up their image hosting thing, and only shows the original version. 

But yeah, rep if you make a proper review under the AC (it should go without saying that I will strictly enforce it in this thread). 

IMO, it is underwhelming for a Synchro7, and you can afford to push it further by allowing it to protect itself with the effect, establishing it as a sort of reverse Yazi that trades 100 base ATK, removal and search power for protection and stat boost for your monsters.

By the way, nice nod to Dark Magician and other signature monsters with the 2500/2100 stats.

Archived