(∅) makes an insane suggestion. I did bad. Fine.

Icy

Evidently it was 45x10 and I shamed myself for it. Fine. I did it over from scratch.

Freaking 2500% Zoom: http://i.imgur.com/JHpbwvH.png
100% Zoom: gksm8Vu.png

[spoiler=The bad joke]I asked for ideas on what to do for pixel art practice next. He replied to my status with "make a 10x45 YCM Logo". 

Jokes on him, I know how to do this. Granted its a bit of a cheat but I did it.

[spoiler=Original]

3h74bqm.png

.ICO file that makes it even smaller than 10x45.

lol I absolutely meant to say 45x10. As in, the vague shape of the current logo, but as pixel art. But I digress.

Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of what you did here. The concept is pretty cool, but there are some pretty clear issues in execution. Your letters aren't properly centered on the stars, making it look a tad bit thrown together. Furthermore, the stars themselves have something kinda fucky going on. I'm not sure if it was caused by resizing (those algorithms used in programs have a habit of distorting details) but the outlines of the circles appear extremely jagged, especially compared to the inner details.

Looking at the bottom edge of the second star and the top edge of the third, it is clear to see that each individual star is misaligned as well.

I see what you were going for, and hate to bring mostly negative criticism, but I really think this is far below your typical standard.

lol I absolutely meant to say 45x10. As in, the vague shape of the current logo, but as pixel art. But I digress.

Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of what you did here. The concept is pretty cool, but there are some pretty clear issues in execution. Your letters aren't properly centered on the stars, making it look a tad bit thrown together. Furthermore, the stars themselves have something kinda fucky going on. I'm not sure if it was caused by resizing (those algorithms used in programs have a habit of distorting details) but the outlines of the circles appear extremely jagged, especially compared to the inner details.

Looking at the bottom edge of the second star and the top edge of the third, it is clear to see that each individual star is misaligned as well.

I see what you were going for, and hate to bring mostly negative criticism, but I really think this is far below your typical standard.

I fully acknowledge this is anything but my typical work. I wasnt going for anything close to quality, as I'd be happy with this even if it suffered from the jpeg fragmentations, however but rather a proof of concept that crazy things in art no matter how absurd (or taken) they are can in fact be done. If it has been achieved then great. Lesson to others and myself.

... also if I wanted it to be much higher quality I'd have started off at a canvas size much larger than 20x base then vectored the ever loving days out of it. But thats just me I guess lowering myself for the sake of a joke/concept then presenting it and for that I do apologize.

Archived