So hey, Deskbot have always gotten new cards in each set, I could easily see them getting a Link Monster, I mean, desks, computers are on desks, so why not make one that that has to do with computers. I also like the idea of USB being the way it "links" to other monsters, I thought that was a cute little idea.

Deskbot USB
Machine-Type/EARTH/Link
Link Markers: Down
1 "Deskbot" monster with a Level
Gains ATK equal to the Level of the Link Material used to Link Summon this card x 200. Once per turn, if exactly 1 "Deskbot" monster is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Deskbot" monster with 1 Level higher than that monster from your hand or Deck to your zone this card points to.
500/LINK-1

Huh, thought it'd be called Deskbot 000, since it doesn't have a corresponding Level. 

BUT SERIOUSLY THO THIS CARD GOOD. 

Might even warrant running more 001s, if just to have another pipeline to search with 002. Real beneficiary's 003 and 004, though. First one guarantees you have 3 monsters on Normal Summon, second can now get Normal Summoned and bring out 005 to bum the opponent's back...row. 

Really nice to see you know what works in terms of support and what doesn't. I actually wouldn't mind giving up a bot for this. Again, preferably 001. Summon 002, search an appropriate Pend Deskbot (don't have the other? You have a Base), use 001 for Deskbot USB 000, Set Scales, pwn face.

Simply marvelous.

It's... Alright to me tbh.

On paper, it might be good as a play extender. However, it doesn't do too well at that considering the nature of Deskbots. Since it is restricted to only activating its effect when 1 Deskbot is Summoned, it's not super helpful for a turn 1 play (since summoning this probably used your Normal), and the only other Deskbot that SS's itself is 001 which needs a multi-Deskbot summon which means it would have to be off 004 with prior setup, or off Machine Dupe, both of which are pretty unreliable.

If this is being activated off a Pendulum, then it is restrictive, but slightly more understandable. In that case, it would really fall under a "niche" category, but on the plus side you'd have more resources to work with.

Personally, I don't like the ATK boost on this thing. Having it only 200 kills the flavor that all the rest of them had. If I were to make a suggestion: change it to 500 to fit in with the rest, but make it so it halves/deals no battle damage so it doesn't come off as too ridiculous.

The idea is there, but I can tell it's just not one that is easily employed.

Huh, thought it'd be called Deskbot 000, since it doesn't have a corresponding Level. 

BUT SERIOUSLY THO THIS CARD GOOD. 

Might even warrant running more 001s, if just to have another pipeline to search with 002. Real beneficiary's 003 and 004, though. First one guarantees you have 3 monsters on Normal Summon, second can now get Normal Summoned and bring out 005 to bum the opponent's back...row. 

Really nice to see you know what works in terms of support and what doesn't. I actually wouldn't mind giving up a bot for this. Again, preferably 001. Summon 002, search an appropriate Pend Deskbot (don't have the other? You have a Base), use 001 for Deskbot USB 000, Set Scales, pwn face.

Simply marvelous.

Well, it would imply it's Level 0, which it isn't, and since we got Jet, I feel allowed to go off the norm.

It's... Alright to me tbh.

On paper, it might be good as a play extender. However, it doesn't do too well at that considering the nature of Deskbots. Since it is restricted to only activating its effect when 1 Deskbot is Summoned, it's not super helpful for a turn 1 play (since summoning this probably used your Normal), and the only other Deskbot that SS's itself is 001 which needs a multi-Deskbot summon which means it would have to be off 004 with prior setup, or off Machine Dupe, both of which are pretty unreliable.

If this is being activated off a Pendulum, then it is restrictive, but slightly more understandable. In that case, it would really fall under a "niche" category, but on the plus side you'd have more resources to work with.

Personally, I don't like the ATK boost on this thing. Having it only 200 kills the flavor that all the rest of them had. If I were to make a suggestion: change it to 500 to fit in with the rest, but make it so it halves/deals no battle damage so it doesn't come off as too ridiculous.

The idea is there, but I can tell it's just not one that is easily employed.

Well, I have found that Deskbot are able to set up pretty easily, so I wouldn't think that the condition would be much of a problem, and since it could be quite powerful as well, I don't want a Link Monster that just requires 1 monster to get too out of hand. And yes, 200 does kill flavor, but 500 felt a bit too much. I could restrict that I suppose, I'll think about that later.

Archived