[Sakura PKMN] Land Spirits of Alola / Akua nui o Hawaiʻi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWP9GLO5ffY

(Fitting music)

Kahu_Ali%27i_o_ka_Hakak%C4%81_Tapu_Koko.

Kahu Aliʻi o ka Hakakā Tapu Koko (Tapu Koko, the Royal Guardian of Warfare)
Level 7 | LIGHT | Fairy | Synchro | Effect
2500/1800
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
① Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

② When a monster you control battles an opponent's monster, it gains 400 ATK until the end of the Damage Step, also any battle damage it inflicts to your opponent is doubled. 

JB3eivz.jpg

Kahu Aliʻi o ke Ola Tapu Lele (Tapu Lele, the Royal Guardian of Life)

Level 7 | WIND | Fairy | Synchro | Effect

2600/2000

① Your opponent cannot activate monster effects during your turn.

② Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower monster from your Graveyard, but it cannot attack or activate its effects this turn.

XiyFs9k.jpg

Kahu Aliʻi o ka Makahiki Tapu Bulu (Tapu Bulu, the Royal Guardian of Makahiki [Festival])

Level 7 | EARTH | Fairy | Synchro | Effect

2600/2100

① When a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Gain LP equal to the higher of the destroyed monster's ATK or DEF.

② Once per turn, if another monster you control would be destroyed: You can activate this effect; that monster is not destroyed.

Kahu_Ali%27i_o_ke_Papak%C5%AB_Tapu_Fini.

Kahu Aliʻi o ke Papakū Tapu Fini (Tapu Fini, the Royal Guardian of the Ocean Floor)

Level 7 | WATER | Fairy | Synchro | Effect

1700/2800

① Monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

② Once per turn, if an opponent's monster battles a monster you control: You can halve the ATK and DEF of the opponent's monster it is battling until the end of the Damage Step.

I'd link from my Wikia, but because YCM/Vignette wants to be stupid, I have to upload on Imgur. (Probably Koko and Fini's links because they use accented letters)

====

[spoiler=Flavor/design notes]

Yes, I'm posting Pokemon cards in the Advanced section (though you were allowed to do so since late 2014). I initially wanted to make a set of cards based on the four major gods of Hawaiian mythology, but as no viable images exist, the Tapus were the closest. If I want to go into their origins, they theoretically are based on the higher gods, so it works.

As such, cards were designed based on the Tapu movesets and also elements from the respective god in question (in their common form). They have many more functions/forms (I'm taking Hawaiian religion this semester, so yeah), but that's something else entirely and I won't talk about it.

If you guys remember the Postseason, one of the themes was to make a card based on Hawaiian mythology. These would've been acceptable as entries (and I believe I did say that). 

- Koko is Kū[kāʻilimoku] (war god), so effect is supposed to be battle-based.

- Lele is Kāne (bringer of life / sky god), so SSing effect. First effect reflects Psychic Terrain (well, monster effects anyway, so...screw Drancia and other common triggers?). WIND monster because Kāne is associated with the sky.

- Bulu is Lono (harvest god)

- Fini is Kanaloa (ocean god); admittedly, the effects are more on what Fini does in-game as opposed to mythology concerning Kanaloa. (From my readings, I didn't see too much outside of his many forms and role in Hawaiian society)

======

At this point, you probably noticed that their names are written in Hawaiian (hence why I have added translations on the side). I'll need to check with my professor about this [well, least concerning aʻo and o, which both translate to "of"; I've seen both used], but everything else should be fine in terms of translation.

Kahu Aliʻi roughly translates to "royal guardian"; in the context of these cards, it works. If you wonder why Lele/Fini have "o ke" and Koko/Bulu are "o ka", it's due to the words they precede.

(I do not speak Hawaiian, so don't ask me why this is so; use the below link)

http://wehewehe.org/

[Change Bulu's name to Pulu, and these would probably be official names if Yugioh were ever printed in Hawaiian. Fini is iffy]

====

IMG credit: Self-made (well, the Tapu pics are the Sugimori arts, and the background stuff is all me)

If you want them, ask.

====

So yeah, CnC.

Reps will be given to those who properly critique this under the Advanced Clause.

mMkhhot.png

Bumping this for reviews. (I did this earlier, but made the changes to Koko/Fini's pics below to match their written effects; was a design flaw on my part and should've had those restraints to begin with)

To make it easier on you all, you can call them by Tapu [x] (or the English names) when going through each, as the original names are a literal mouthful to write and do have nonstandard characters.

Archived