The Railway Series, Thomas the Tank engine thread

Heinken111

This is for discussion of the Railway Series and Thomas the Tank engine (Except for Series 8-16), since its gone on track and I no longer feel embarrassment to liking the series.

Recently for Season 20 they adapted three of the Railway Series (The books Thomas & Friends is based on) stories.

Hope you enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8LHI0_iQf1s"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4be73NBz_v8"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUvuzY83Q6w"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why except for s8-16?

Anyway, I used to be a massive fan of this show. I have 2 video tapes that came in the same box each with an entire series on them. The second of the tapes ends with that boulder episode. The first tape ends with the flooding one. Do you know what product I am talking about?

I also own that film - something like "the golden railroad" with that evil engine with the grabby thing.

And lots of the ladybird books.

I don't watch the modern stuff because the artistic style annoys me tbh. I prefer the older look where things had a model railway feel to them.

The later seasons 13-16 were also incredibly stupid.

Admittedly I ignored the show for a long time, aside from when nostalgia beckoned my back to seasons 1-4, though I have to say Brenner has been doing an utterly fantastic job managing the show now, as I have genuinely laughed a fair few times watching them. I mean, they've really been amping up the humour now, especially *dramatic chord* the Abominable Snowman? *Record scratch* Utter tish tosh. Dowager Hatt, best lady.

They've also made some fairly good use of slow motion moments, just to create false and hilarious drama.

Why except for s8-16?

Anyway, I used to be a massive fan of this show. I have 2 video tapes that came in the same box each with an entire series on them. The second of the tapes ends with that boulder episode. The first tape ends with the flooding one. Do you know what product I am talking about?

I also own that film - something like "the golden railroad" with that evil engine with the grabby thing.

And lots of the ladybird books.

I don't watch the modern stuff because the artistic style annoys me tbh. I prefer the older look where things had a model railway feel to them.

Sounds like Season 4 I'd say, if it includes Boulder. Seasons 5 I believe contains the flood (where Toby is caught up in it right?)

Also the movie is Thomas & the Magic Railroad. It was critically panned and it deserved it to be so. The only reason it exists, as far as I know, is that America insists on making their own version of everything British, what with their Shining Time Station which served as the segue-way into the show itself.

The later seasons 13-16 were also incredibly stupid.

Admittedly I ignored the show for a long time, aside from when nostalgia beckoned my back to seasons 1-4, though I have to say Brenner has been doing an utterly fantastic job managing the show now, as I have genuinely laughed a fair few times watching them. I mean, they've really been amping up the humour now, especially *dramatic chord* the Abominable Snowman? *Record scratch* Utter tish tosh. Dowager Hatt, best lady.

They've also made some fairly good use of slow motion moments, just to create false and hilarious drama.

Sounds like Season 4 I'd say, if it includes Boulder. Seasons 5 I believe contains the flood (where Toby is caught up in it right?)

Also the movie is Thomas & the Magic Railroad. It was critically panned and it deserved it to be so. The only reason it exists, as far as I know, is that America insists on making their own version of everything British, what with their Shining Time Station which served as the segue-way into the show itself.

If it had remained a Shining Time movie not one person would've minded. However it happened. Also it seems Brenner is giving some of the other engines like Rosie a second chance.

Archived