Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cherry Heart: A Quest Based RP [Main Thread/IC/Starting/Currently Not Accepting/Co-hosted by Skaia]

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:24 PM
After some effort and a special glue Auburn had fixed up, they were able to patch the roof up. Mina wiped her head with a rag and looked on at what she and Auburn had accomplished, Auburn also seemed genuinely happy about this but went back to his original mind set. Of course... Even though they patched the roof, the two seemed to have found themselves on the roof of the building. "Heh... I guess we kinda got carried away huh?" she said giving Auburn a worn out smile.

After getting down from the roof with Auburn, Mina looked in the dormitory. With the ceiling patched up it was already looking better, just a bit of cleaning and getting some lights in the room and it would be good to go. "Where did you say the basement was again, Miss Secretary?." Auburn seemed more interested in this basement than cleaning up the room. Ah well, this basement certainly had Mina interested as well.

"um, before we move on to the next task. Um," Mina turned her attention to Fen who had pulled out a cold looking baggy, "I made these the night before. So, I'm sorry that they aren't fresh, and it probably isn't that filling but I hope you enjoy it." She opened the baggy and Mina immediately caught the scent of cinnamon, the girl had little apple slices in the baggy that were cooled, most likely to preserve them, and had sugar and cinnamon on them. Filling or not, it was a nice treat. "Hey... Thanks Fen, that's really kind of you." Mina said with a thankful smile, she took an apple slice and started eating it, nice and cool, sweet too, the perfect snack after a few hours of work.

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Topic Starter
  • Aurora
  • 10,275 posts
    Last Visit 53 minutes ago
  • Alias:Nai

BcCcDbf.png?1

The passing of time when one was absorbed in their work tend to be quite peculiar. Without Celica noticing it, three hours had passed since they started, and finally the group managed to finish working on the ceiling. Now, the room look considerably darker and quite grim. Perhaps it was really best to just blow up the ceiling and use some sort of backup plan for when it would rain. The darkness was quite unpleasant however, so Celica moved around the hall and checked some parts of the wall. Knocking on some points seemed to be enough for parts of the wall she inspected to crumble, letting sunlight to come inside.

"Where did you say the basement was again, Miss Secretary?."

"Ah, it's...wouldn't it be for the best if you finish this room first? The debris from fixing the roof and ceiling made the floor looked worse..."

"um, before we move on to the next task. Um," Seemed like Fen had quite a different idea however. "I made these the night before. So, I'm sorry that they aren't fresh, and it probably isn't that filling but I hope you enjoy it."

"You're right, a break will do us some good. It's more than I can give right now, so thank you for this, Fen."

Fen then gave the group some crisped apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon coating as a quick snack to fill some of their energy back. As Mina thanked Fen for the snack, Celica went ahead and started enjoying the ones she had. The cool feeling coming from Fen's ice magic on the slices was really nice. As she finished hers, Celica felt that it was right that she chose to trust Fen with handling the guild's food supply.

"Hey...you three, maybe after all of this is over, we can work on the kitchen and prepare dinner for everyone? Perhaps it's best to talk about this again once we're done, however."

Anyway, since you three seems to be eager to go to the basement now instead of later..."

Once she had enough rest, Celica stood up and walked around the room with her eyes closed. She walked around as she attempted to feel the floor she was standing on, and once she felt she was in the right spot, Celica stopped on her tracks before she softly tapped the floor there with her left foot. The marble floor soon collapsed around the area that she tapped, revealing a quite sizable hole on the floor that led to a dark chasm with seemingly nothing underneath.

"I don't know where else should I open the basement access, to tell the truth. Suppose we can figure it out once we finished cleaning it, right?" Celica's smile turned into a more mischievous one as she stretched her muscles for a bit before looking around the room. "You can descend down using the rope over the northwestern corner of the room. Don't worry, it's only 15 to 20 meters of descent, and I think it's not a labyrinth down there though it's still surprisingly big. Even then though, any source of light is very recommended before descending, just to avoid tripping over anything random or accidentally eating some odd insects or anything. Don't worry about the building collapsing upon you too, our guild building is not that badly maintained despite the displays of earlier.

And yeah, bring brooms and the feather dusters and anything you might find necessary. See you down there!"

With a child-like excitement on her face, Celica waved towards Auburn, Fen, and Mena, and dropped down into the dark hole without any hesitation. Once Celica fully disappeared from the scene, the guild members were free to choose whether to follow the secretary's lead immediately or spend the time finishing the hall repairs first, which wasn't helped by the additional holes made by Celica.

Were they choose to come down into the supposed basement however, the first place they would find themselves in was a relatively straightforward manmade corridor with two ways they could go to. One had a faint sign of candlelight at the end of it, while the other one lacked it, although if they chose to tread this direction, they would find that it would be pretty short before they'd find an unlocked door before them.

Since the mission was still focusing on the Guild building's restoration, there should be little to worry about in theory. Just find Celica and fix whatever was necessary and possible for now, and it should be done. However, at the strange, barely explored basement complex of the guild building, where one could even hear strange noises coming from its walls, one might end up getting more than what they'd expect if they follow their curiosity....

OOC

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Mitcher

Prunus City/Auburn

The girl Fen sat them down and procured out a bag filled with what seemed to Auburn to be apple slices covered with light brown liquid seasoning. He certainly knew what an apple was but he hasn't seen it prepared this way until now. In fact, the past few weeks has been nothing less than a culinary adventure for him who ran away from the luxury of his house. After having essentially a new dish to try every meal since, his favorite new dish was a bowl of rice topped with an omelette. That was a common dish around the nation, considered street food at best but to the boy so used to luxury, the first time he tried it he was humbled beyond recognition and could only praise it incessantly. He had caused a remarkable commotion over it at the inn he was staying back then because of it.

But his thoughts were getting distracted from the matter at hand. 

"It likely won't be amazing but I shall try it." The girl likely did not mean harm but Auburn did not trust his new co-workers yet. He noticed small flakes of frost falling off the bag and assumed it was cooled with magic beforehand. He was not a cook but his experience with using ingredients to brew up potions told him that to maintain food at a certain coldness without ruining the flavor was at the very least, not something a total novice could do.

So she was likely good at magic, and he could already taste his mood turning sourer at that thought. But he was civil enough, he would at least try it.

He bit into it. The sweetness spread in his mouth instantly. "This is...!"

His hand that held the apple earlier jumped to hold his mouth and he struggled not to let out a sound. He wanted to eat more. Instantly, any preconceptions he held over Fen was blown away. He looked at her and suddenly she seemed like a new person all of a sudden, like her appearance had completely changed in the time span they had fixed the roof and settled down to eat. He could've sworn she looked shyer, and younger too.

But he would not let his overreaction show. That would be unsightly, rude to the chef, and it would also ruin his image. Neither Mina White or the Secretary seemed to feel the same as he did after all. He would not excessively praise it either, since he did not want a re enactment of the commotion he caused over the omelette earlier, but he gained a new respect for the girl.

"I retract my words. This was sufficiently good, Fen." He decided to leave it at that.

On Celica asking them to preferably finish renovating the bedroom first, Auburn replied, "We will have to get to it sooner or later either way. I would prefer we vary up our work a bit. To be frank I am rather sick of this room right now..." He threw in a little remark at the end as he looked menacingly at the ceiling.

And on Celica's proposal to have the three cook for the rest of the guild, Auburn wanted to decline. "I can brew potions but I do not know how to handle flavor or cooking." It astounded him, the prospect of having to worry over the taste in addition to the effectiveness of the potion.

Finally, on the hole in the ground in which Celica jumped into unhesitatingly, Auburn had no words.

"I am not reassured this guild building will hold at all." Finally he said. Time was slipping by however, so he decided to ignore his inner thoughts...

He reconsidered. Perhaps for once it was time to do so. Auburn grabbed a hammer and some spare planks and began to close up the hole Celica jumped into.

"Let's leave her in there for a while. Somehow the motivation to finish repairing this room came back to me. We'll create a new hole and jump down after her later. Perhaps." He addressed the two with a completely straight face.

He did have to admit, her childlike motions as she stretched before jumping down there was cute. But it reminded him of a bratty cousin, a fellow Peachfield. It made him want to tease her.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
"Hey...you three, maybe after all of this is over, we can work on the kitchen and prepare dinner for everyone? Perhaps it's best to talk about this again once we're done, however." Mina shrugged her shoulders, Auburn may not be as inclined to fix up a meal but Mina was more than happy to, her many times cooking for herself as she traveled will soon pay off.

Celica soon opened up a hole in the room that led down into the basement, it was dark but hopefully wasn't deep.

"I don't know where else should I open the basement access, to tell the truth. Suppose we can figure it out once we finished cleaning it, right?" Celica's smile turned into a more mischievous one as she stretched her muscles for a bit before looking around the room. "You can descend down using the rope over the northwestern corner of the room. Don't worry, it's only 15 to 20 meters of descent, and I think it's not a labyrinth down there though it's still surprisingly big. Even then though, any source of light is very recommended before descending, just to avoid tripping over anything random or accidentally eating some odd insects or anything. Don't worry about the building collapsing upon you too, our guild building is not that badly maintained despite the displays of earlier.

And yeah, bring brooms and the feather dusters and anything you might find necessary. See you down there!" Celica jumped down, leaving the three guild members to their own thoughts.

"Let's leave her in there for a while. Somehow the motivation to finish repairing this room came back to me. We'll create a new hole and jump down after her later. Perhaps." Mina gave Auburn a stern look this time. "Are you kidding me? "Leave her down there?" That's not right. You can work on this room all you want but I'm going down there to help her." Mina stated looking down into the hole that was the basement entrance. She took a broom and a little flashlight she made during her travels and hopped down into the basement.

The corridor was definitely near-pitch black, how Celica could see was beyond Mina, but the faint glow of a candle answered her question. She followed it and caught up to Celica. "So, what rooms do you need cleaned up?" Mina asked placing the flashlight down to where it lit up most of the room.

Alaina

Alaina

「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

• Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

xIKx00H.png?1

Fen couldn't help but feel her face go a bit flush as her fellow guild mates had complimented her. "Th-thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it." After that was taken care of, Celica then gave the idea of the four of them preparing dinner for others of the guild to which Fen said, "oh, if you'd let me I would be happy to." However, the blond haired one of them seemed to not be too fond of the idea. With all of that out of the way, the trio followed Celica as she made her way to the basement, and explained to them just what it was they would be doing down there. Fen wasn't entirely sure that she was comfortable with the idea of trudging through the basement of the place that's ceiling and as such was slightly reluctant to start to follow her down and there. As she went on to describe what they should watch out for, her fears were not assuaged. However, Celica seemed to just jump down the hole, as there were no actual stairs, into the basement. As Fen attempted to steel herself to go downward, Auburn had a much different idea in mind. 

Going over to the hole, he started to board it up and keep their secretary locked underneath, which caused Fen's face to suddenly become filled with panic. "Um, I, uh, I don't thi-," she started to stammer out before Mina had spoken up and talked about going down to help the guild secretary out. After she had jumped down there as well, Fen looked at the hole, then back to Auburn. She was slightly at a loss for words, but as she looked at it again, she spoke aloud one thought she had. "How are they getting back up here?" Seeming a bit defeated and not really wishing to jump gungho down a hole just yet, she looked to Auburn and said, "um, so should we go finishing fixing, uh, that room then?" 

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Prunus City/Auburn

Reprimanded by Mina White of all people, the motivation he had finally found disappeared. Now left alone with Fen who he had gained newfound respect for earlier, he had no reason to purposely act unpleasant. "Well, you propose a good point. Never mind the room, again, let's go get the ladder or some rope and go down after them. That might've been too far."

He walked to the stepladder, and after feeling it up for a bit, instead grabbed some rope and came back to Fen. "It's not like the ladder was too heavy or anything, it's merely more practical to get a rope down there instead. Less troublesome to clean up afterwards, yes."

He tied the length to the leg of a nearby bed, and then applied some glue so that the furniture wouldn't shift from the weight. He couldn't help but gloat to himself a little. "Why this super glue is just exquisite. Now let's jump."

He did so. Presuming Fen was right behind him, Auburn ran through the dark tunnel towards where Celica and Mina stood, and shouted. "Wait up!"

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Topic Starter
  • Aurora
  • 10,275 posts

"W-well, it sure takes them quite some time...r-right?"

Celica waited on her own in the almost pitch-black darkness of the room she was in, only illuminated by the small candle she brought just so she didn't fall while she walked. She was definitely not worried or afraid, and although the wall started to have some noises, she knew that as long as she's not too loud, she would be fine. It's not like she's the one that had to deal with those anyway.

"So, what rooms do you need cleaned up?"

"E-eeeeekk! A-ah, it's just you, Mina. Please don't shock this poor old me again next time, alright?

A-anyway, where are the others? There are two rooms that needs to be cleaned, so if we can do the briefing as soon as possible, it's going to be for the best."

Celica whimpered a bit as she realized that her scream of surprise earlier had awakened her worries on the walls, which were now being illuminated by Mina's flashlight. Wondering whether Mina had realized their presence or not, Celica was conflicted about whether she should tell her immediately or not. From the holes of the room, she could see them-

"Wait up!" Auburn and Fen finally caught up with Celica and Mina, and Celica let out a sigh of relief. She finally could leave this damned room now.

"Alright, now that you're all finally here...this is the first of the two rooms that I want you to clean. I was planning to have this be food storage room with some help from Fen, but..." Celica flicked her finger, and following that, several series of candles that had been placed around the room lit up, revealing a room with walls filled with odd holes and cracks, especially around its corners. Responding to the sudden light, translucent green goo of sort oozed from the holes, coming out and seemingly crawling slowly to the source of the light. "This room apparently had ended up as the nest of some slime monsters. They're not dangerous...I think, yeah, I don't think they would attack you or anything like that unless you're being too rough, but they kept eating the food stored here.

And I'm a bit too sca...I mean I feel that it's best for you three to deal with it, especially since I was busy as the secretary. Yeah, it's like that. They're quite a curious creature so they're attracted to the light, also pretty vulnerable to many form of magic. But that aside, there are several bags over there, you can try shoving them inside until the room's clean."

Celica paused after giving her direction, but as she gathered herself to continue talking, she realized that a slime was approaching her, and she jumped in surprise before backing away by a few steps.

"I-well, I probably won't help with this, it should be easy enough for you to do, so I will be in the next room to prepare for the next one~"

Finishing what she said in a hasty manner, Celica then turned away and ran as fast as she could away from the room and leaving the three guild members to their own device. It would be best for them to clean the room without leaving any roaming slimes, and that would require checking the nooks and crannies for it. The slimes so far seemed to be benign, so shoving them even with bare hand or the few shovels around could work, but it might be best to not let one's guard down around them regardless, even if they're seemingly not poisonous. And perhaps, if one really prefered not to work with such creatures, they could pursue Celica and immediately visit the next room?

Posted Image

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
"E-eeeeekk! A-ah, it's just you, Mina. Please don't shock this poor old me again next time, alright?
A-anyway, where are the others? There are two rooms that needs to be cleaned, so if we can do the briefing as soon as possible, it's going to be for the best." Mina didn't mean to scare Celica, though in hindsight she should've called to her before walking right up to her in the dark. She was about to answer Celica's question on the others before Auburn and Fen actually showed up, so potion boy decided to help after all?

"Alright, now that you're all finally here...this is the first of the two rooms that I want you to clean. I was planning to have this be food storage room with some help from Fen, but..." Celica snapped her fingers and in response, a bunch of candles around the room lit up to reveal the problem, there were holes in the walls and a weird green ooze was leaking from them. This didn't seem too bad, but upon closer inspection of the ooze and a little explanation from Celica, Mina's face turned extremely pale.

Slimes... Everywhere... Icky, gross, horrifying, disgusting slimes. "This room apparently had ended up as the nest of some slime monsters. They're not dangerous...I think, yeah, I don't think they would attack you or anything like that unless you're being too rough, but they kept eating the food stored here.

And I'm a bit too sca...I mean I feel that it's best for you three to deal with it, especially since I was busy as the secretary. Yeah, it's like that. They're quite a curious creature so they're attracted to the light, also pretty vulnerable to many form of magic. But that aside, there are several bags over there, you can try shoving them inside until the room's clean." Mina was not about to touch one of those things, the fear in her eyes was very apparent.

"I-well, I probably won't help with this, it should be easy enough for you to do, so I will be in the next room to prepare for the next one~" Celica rushed out of the room after giving her two cents on the situation, Mina was immediately right behind her on leaving. In a rushed manner, Mina grabbed her flashlight and almost shrieked when she noticed a slime right beside it. She rushed out the room and followed Celica into the second room.

"F-fen and Auburn can handle that room... A-anything I can do in this room?" she was trying to keep her composure but it was clear that she was in no hurry to go back into that room with all those slimes crawling about.

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Guildhouse - Underground/Auburn

"Hm, wait here a moment, Fen." The moment Celica and Mina left the room, Auburn fetched leather gloves from his pocket and wore them on. For reference he had them coated in a special oil that made it rather resilient, to both warm things and cold things and acidic things and all inbetween. Unfortunately this oil burns human skin so it's only ever applied to leather or the like. He walked up to one of the 'slimes' and somewhat clumsily grabbed it in his hands. "This thing...It feels somewhat like bags of coin. And sand. And milk. I shall be right back."

With Fen out of sight and with no lighting, he felt his way around until he found the way to the next room, and he saw a small flicker of light ahead. It was not sufficient to illuminate him. Slime in hand at face level, he made sure to walk up toward the two girls with quiet but audible footsteps. As he closed in, he heard the secretary, no, the girl noticing and asking who was there. There was no trace of Celica upholding her composure and dignity as a guild secretary anymore, he had noticed earlier, and with a downright nasty grin on his face he decided to take advantage of it. For good or for worse, Mina White seemed to be equally creeped out by the slimes too. He saw the light from her flashlight shine at the ground in front of him. He himself was still unseen, it was perfect

Auburn threw the slime such that it landed right in the middle of the spotlight.

"Well, I've returned." Auburn came back to Fen not too long after, but he now had a slap mark across his face. Unexpectedly it was Celica who had given it to him, the moment the two girls spotted him. With ungodly fury and very likely a healthy amount of incoherent panic she rushed past the slime and slapped him. Once they made him deal with the slime and calmed her down, she apologized for it but he had a feeling her coy apology was not fully heartfelt. "That bi...Tch, I suppose perhaps I may or may not have deserved it."

After catching up, the two began to work on the slime-infested storage room. As the one with gloves, Auburn did more of the manhandling and threw whatever he could grab into a makeshift wooden bucket. The sliminess was starting to gross him out, and at some point his hands started to feel sore. It was then that, wanting a distraction from the mundane task, he began conversation with the other girl in the room. "I wonder, do you not feel there should be an easier and more efficient way to get rid of these damned things? They're slimes, they're liquid. There has to be some easy solution to wash these things away, why are we sitting here using our hands..."

Perhaps out of bored curiosity, he tried applying a drop of glue to one of the slimes he grabbed out earlier. After waiting a few seconds, it did not magically dissolve, which disappointed him.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Alaina

Alaina

• Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts

xIKx00H.png?1

As Fen and Auburn had made their way down the hole, the duo had somewhat stumbled about in the dark, before they had finally happened upon both Mina and Celica. The secretary seemed pleased that the trio was now present and accounted for. As she went on to explain the situation at hand, the room seemed to have flames that burst to life, revealing that what was apparently supposed to be the food storage room. Fen looked on in horror at the scene. The stale air, the lack of any real lighting to help navigate the area, the decripit state of the room in general and the notion that there was some kind of monstrous life form that would simply eat all up. This was in no way a proper food storage area, and Fen felt an oddly passionate urge to clean this room out. However, before she could, Celica seemed to be startled by something, and seemed to leave the trio to their own devices. Not long after, Mina seemed to also be in some sort of panic before she left as well. 

With only Auburn to aid her, Fen felt her passion deflate a bit, before she went alongside him to examine the strange slime creatures. She looked at it curiously, wondering just what exactly it was, never having encountered a creature that she could not discern any real anatomy within. It was quite curious, and Auburn seemed to think so to as he had grabbed one and explained the texture of it. This only made Fen more curious as to it, but Auburn seemed to take it with him before leaving, claiming he'd be back in a moment. Fen was a bit confused as to what he was doing, saying a simple, "a-alright." About a moment after he left, Fen seemed to realized that she was in the rather eerily lit room entirely on her own letting out a small "eep," at this realization, yet merely stood still, watching the slimes move about their business. 

Eventually Auburn had come back, seemingly in a grumpy mood and with a large red mark across his face. Fen asked, "a-are you alright?" After that, Auburn seemed to go and examine the slimes more, wondering if there was some easy way to get rid of them. As he said that they were made of liquid, Fen's face lit up a bit as she said, "o-oh. I think I, um, might know of way to help. Though, it uh, might make things all that faster." After saying that, the girl, with no hesitation in her movement went to reach her hand out towards the slime. As she did, the air around it seemed to shimmer with frost as a light blue glow formed on her hand. As she touched the slime, it seemed to try and slither away from her grasp, but the gelatinous substance only seemed to halt and freeze up, as green goo turned to ice. Picking up the frozen slime with her hand she presented it to Auburn, saying, "so we uh, can just put them into the bag now, right?"

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Topic Starter
  • Aurora
  • 10,275 posts

"Err...yeah, let's go to the next room."

Still recovering from the surprise that Auburn pulled off to her earlier, Celica led Mina through the dark corridors until the two of them were met with a locked metal door. After making sure that it was really locked, Celica knocked on the door a few times, and waited for a bit before the door hinge suddenly broke and the door crashed into the floor with a loud thud after a light push. A flick from her hand lit up the environment like how she did in the earlier room, and the light revealed a large, dried up indoor pool of sort built on the room, and a strange, rusty-looking large machinery filling one of the side of the room. With this sight behind her, Celica turned around to see Mina.

"The old guild's headquarters actually span a lot more than the antiquated building above us now. These underground corridors and rooms were also part of it, as I have found out not long after I purchased the building. This underground network had actually existed long before the old guild itself, however. And like a lot of such places, there were a lot of things that we don't know about this place yet.

For example, did you feel the faint feeling of something watching or following you while we try to reach this room? Just like the slimes earlier, there were a lot of things that ended up calling this place their home. And unlike those slimes, some of them weren't exactly harmless.

Though, why did I bring you here? Well...to tell the truth I was going to bring the three of you to help me clean up some debris in another room as our last activity today, but since you're here, I think it is for the best that I go to this room first. It's basically an underground hot bathing pool, with the machine over there being the water heater, also it funnels the steam outside. While the plumbing still need to be fixed, the main concern here is for you to check on the machine and see if it's still working properly. I can go pick up the toolbox if necessary."

It was a long explanation, and talking that much tired Celica more than she expected it would be. After making sure that Mina understood what she said, Celica left the room for a few minutes before suddenly returning with a toolbox in her hand. The machine was clearly rusting, and the rust and spiderwebs and other things that were on it made it looked like it's impossible for it to work now. However, observing it more revealed a certain oddity. What powered up the machine? It didn't look like it operated by burning coal as it should be, after all.

While the two of them were focusing on the machine and the pool, a pair of eyes continued to watch over them from beyond the room's entrance.

Utilizing the slimes' volatility to magic, Fen was able to freeze them with relative ease and she and Auburn could continue working on clearing them from the room at a much faster speed than before. However, as the two of them finished with dealing with the slimes, out of nowhere, a lot of yellow ooze came forth out of the holes in the room at once, before gathering on one spot to reveal a particularly sizable slime monster. It was seemingly responding to the smaller slimes being frozen, and with its size, perhaps it wouldn't be capable of being disabled with ease by the ice magic. It was threatened, and it now decided to go on the offensive. Towards Auburn, it fired three electrically-charged slime-based projectiles which would shock and slow him down if they hit, and it fired several of its slimy tentacle extensions towards Fen in an attempt to disable her.

OOC

Posted Image

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Auburn's marveling at Fen's display of magic was interrupted by the biggest slime he's seen in his admittingly rather sheltered life. He instinctively let out an uncharacteristic girl-like scream and stepped back, only to trip and fall down. By some unseen luck, he managed to avoid the projectiles aimed at him through this manner. Only then did he get a good look at it. "Where'd this thing come from?!"

His normal potions wouldn't work on it, he rationalized. Most of them didn't do anything to the smaller ones, they shouldn't have an effect on the larger one either. And it was large enough that he didn't think Fen's ice magic would work either. Of course, there was one more thing he hasn't tried yet, that he would be more than happy to demonstrate. His own magic. Or what passed for one.

He got up on his feet, and pulled out a sizable flask filled with a clear, volatile-seeming liquid. Thankfully it wasn't crushed by him falling down. He uncapped it and threw it at the slime, covering it all over with his liquid. Then he pointed his finger at it and concentrated very intensely. "Fire blast!"

Nothing came out. But then slowly, a small spark formed. It was barely noticeable, less so than a lit match, but it lightly touched the oil on the ground. And then the slime lit up in flames.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
After a rude scare from Auburn, Mina followed after Celica to a new room. Just like the other rooms, this one was very worn down and dark, but after Celica lit up more candles, Mina could clearly make out what seemed to be an old pool and an equally old machine in the corner of it.

"The old guild's headquarters actually span a lot more than the antiquated building above us now. These underground corridors and rooms were also part of it, as I have found out not long after I purchased the building. This underground network had actually existed long before the old guild itself, however. And like a lot of such places, there were a lot of things that we don't know about this place yet.

For example, did you feel the faint feeling of something watching or following you while we try to reach this room? Just like the slimes earlier, there were a lot of things that ended up calling this place their home. And unlike those slimes, some of them weren't exactly harmless.

Though, why did I bring you here? Well...to tell the truth I was going to bring the three of you to help me clean up some debris in another room as our last activity today, but since you're here, I think it is for the best that I go to this room first. It's basically an underground hot bathing pool, with the machine over there being the water heater, also it funnels the steam outside. While the plumbing still need to be fixed, the main concern here is for you to check on the machine and see if it's still working properly. I can go pick up the toolbox if necessary."

After Celica brought back the toolbox, Mina looked the old water heater over. "Hmm... I think I can get this thing up and running, and if not I can at least fix it up to where it can work." Mina said taking a few tools from the toolbox. Her ears twitched a bit before she turned to Celica for a second. "Hey... You ever get the feeling that we're being watched?"

Alaina

Alaina

• Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts

xIKx00H.png?1

Fen had continued to make good progress in freezing the slimes and stuffing them into trash bags, finishing much faster than were they to just try and manhandle them regularly or wash them away. As they were beginning to finish up, Fen looked around as Auburn wondered aloud about something. As she turned around, her eyes widened at the sight of the giant yellow slime. Seeing the large pile of goo move around, she knew one thing was for certain. There was no way they were using this place as a food storage. 

As she came to this conclusion the creature seemed to be far more hostile then the smaller version of it, shooting parts of it out towards the duo. As the tendrils were launched towards the girl, she was a bit taken off guard, but managed to move out of the way of the attack. While the tendrils were poised to wrap around her, because of her movement, they had only managed to brush against her skin, causing a sharp stinging pain to go through the affected areas. Stumbling a bit from the shock, Fen then watched in expected awe as Auburn called out the name of his magic. There was a brief period of in which there was just suspense, Fen wondering what was going to happen. After the pause, a small spark seemed to touch the creature, causing it to burst into flames, surprising Fen a bit and causing her to back away from the scene just a bit more. 

As the creature was now on fire, it did not seem to show any signs that it would let up against the duo. Instead it repeated the attack from before, firing parts of its body off as projectiles towards the duo. Only this time they were on fire. Wanting to not be caught by it, Fen backed away once again, though a stray blob had struck her sleeve, causing a slight flame to go across it. Panicking a bit at the fire, the girl started to pat it down with a hand imbued with her magic, trying to pat it down. Meanwhile, the blobs that had been fired previously were starting to retract towards the larger blob, though were starting to evaporate as they got engulfed in fire. 

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Topic Starter
  • Aurora
  • 10,275 posts

Celica watched with quite the interest as Mina worked on the heater. With how Mina was dealing with it, perhaps its condition weren't as bad as expected. Though, soon she noticed that the cat-eared girl twitched, and she felt that something was amiss.

"Hey... You ever get the feeling that we're being watched?"

"...Now that you said it..." Celica turned around to look at the immediate surrounding, but she didn't manage to notice anything in the candle lit room. It would be odd to have a dangerous monster lurking on this top level of the underground maze, but even then, even something more minor would be quite concerning. As she watched over Mina while she continued to inspect the machine, Celica grabbed something from her pocket, holding it on her palm while the room became really quiet.

"Mina, keep your flashlight on you all the time. We won't know when we might need to-"

As she said that, something fell from above and slammed right onto Celica, knocking her unconscious. The creature would soon be clearly seen by Mina - it was an odd-looking bipedal lizard with dog-like features, a kobold. It wielded a club on one of its hands, and as soon as it noticed Mina, it hissed and prepared itself to attack her. It didn't seem like a really agile opponent, but being clubbed by something like that ought to hurt. Mina could attempt escape, although the door was located behind the kobold, she could try to fight it out, she could try checking what Celica held if she got the opportunity to do so, or she perhaps could pull off something else entirely.

The kobold soon charged towards Mina, aiming to swing its club towards Mina's face.

The flames on the slime slowly dissipated. The fired projectiles failed to return to it due to being burned to vapor before they could reach it. It seemed to be reluctant to use its tentacle-like extensions or "limbs" while it's on fire, for reason that was still unclear. Its size had been reduced somewhat. After a while of moving around and seemingly observing Auburn and Fen, it decided to split itself into two - by way of throwing half of its own body towards Auburn's direction. It wasn't exactly a surprise attack, which would allow Auburn to avoid the hit, but the slime half soon summoned two of its limbs while it was still near to bind Auburn's legs. It seemed that it aimed to pull Auburn to itself.

Meanwhile, the other slime started to charge up, preparing for some form of attack. It seemed to follow Fen's movements, but what it was planning on doing was still unclear.

Posted Image

Alaina

Alaina

• Mekakushi
  • 1,073 posts

xIKx00H.png?1

Despite the flames across its body and seemingly shrinking from the damage it had incurred, the slime still moved on its way towards the duo. Fen slowly backed away from it, not sure what a slime could actually do but not wanting to be struck by a flaming slime tendril. However, as the creature approached it split itself into two smaller slimes, both trained on bringing down a separate individual guild member. This split was kind of unsettling to watch, as it practically hurled the flaming half towards Auburn, which left Fen to deal with a different approaching slime. As it inched forward, seeming to prep something, Fen had to think of something to stop herself from getting hit by whatever it was planning on doing. Looking around, the girl saw a pile of wood, and rushed her way over to it. Picking up a scrap, with a slightly high pitched noise of exertion, the girl tossed the plank towards the slime, not really sure what she was hoping to accomplish with it.  

Posted Image

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
"Mina, keep your flashlight on you all the time. We won't know when we might need to-" Mina was listening to Celica as she worked on the machine, but the sudden silence and the sound of a body hitting the floor drew her attention.

Moving away from the machine, Mina saw that Celica had been knocked clean out by a club wielding kobold of all things. "Celica!" Mina's call and her very presence alerted the kobold and it rushed right at her. Thankfully she was able to move out of the way before the club could hit her head. Jumping back away from the little fiend, Mina whipped out her rifle and aimed it right at the kobold's head.

"Stupid creature, this is no place for you. Get out of here!" Mina exclaimed as she pulled the trigger on her rifle. Instead of a normal pellet or bullet, the rifle fired a spark of electricity that could kill a little thing like a kobold just as easily as a bullet.

HMS Prince of Wales

HMS Prince of Wales

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,229 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

In the midst of the slime burning Auburn noticed which parts reformed and which did not. That gave him an idea. But then the slime split itself, one half of it aimed directly at him. "Ah!" He narrowly stepped back, avoiding it when its tendons stretched out and grabbed his legs. The suddenness of it shook him and made him trip again. In the corner of his eye he saw the slime's other half approaching Fen, and knew he had to get them both out of this somehow.

Somewhere in his head, his voice of reason was telling him not to do it but this was his time to prove himself. The slime continued pulling Auburn in and he did not have much time to consider what he was about to do. For whatever reason, he addressed the slime that should not be capable of conversation, "You think you've won, haven't you? Think again. You were so engrossed on trying to capture me you forgot one thing."

He brought out another vial of oil and smashed it, covering his legs and the slime in it. With his other hand he brought out his rifle, feeling unconfident that he'd be able to recreate even a small spark like he did earlier in time using magic. Again in the corner of his eye, he saw Fen retaliate against the other slime with a piece of wood. He'd have to help her first before he burns himself so he aimed one more oil vial at the other slime and threw it. "Get away from it!"

He shot the faraway slime once, and then shot the slime trying to eat him, the bullets igniting them both and himself on fire.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Topic Starter
  • Aurora
  • 10,275 posts

Mina's shot managed to hit the kobold right on its head, however it didn't seem like it was able to kill it in one shot. The kobold managed to let out an odd howl before lying paralyzed on the ground - still convulsing after having its brain fried from Mina's shot, but still perhaps capable of posing some danger if it somehow managed to wake up. Returning to examine the machine now seemed pretty tempting, but Celica was still helpless and the kobold might end up recovering from the shock. Mina could try ending the kobold for real, or she could use this opportunity to escape from the place, with or without Celica.

No matter which choices she picked however, soon Mina would hear a similar, faint howl from afar.

Fen throwing the piece of wood seemed to distract the slime enough to stop whatever it was planning to do. A surge of electricity was released around it as it was interrupted, stopping short of reaching Fen and Auburn. It was seemingly agitated now, and it latched itself tightly on the ground before it attempted to extend itself to directly strike at Fen-

At least, until Auburn threw a bottle of oil to it. It retracted a bit in response to the oil, but Auburn followed it by a shot from his rifle that ignited it on fire. As its body were being stretched at the time, it was structurally weak now, and the fire could easily eat through most of its body. In the meantime, the other slime handled being burned somewhat better. The fire clearly was slowly chipping on it, but it was slow and not that meaningful for the time being as the burning slime crept towards Auburn, still thinking on devouring him. Auburn would feel that his legs were numb due to the prolonged contact with the slime.

With the Auburn and the remaining slime half being set on fire, something must be done fast by him or Fen.

Posted Image

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 705 posts
Mina's shot rang true and the kobold fell to the ground, it was far from dead however, but it was incapacitated at the least. A low howl could be heard further in the tunnels sending a chill up Mina's spine. "Well... That doesn't sound good..." The machine would have to wait, Celica needed aid and there was no way Mina could hold off a pack of kobolds by herself.

Mina put her rifle on her back and ran over to Celica. "Celica... Celica, wake up... Crud..." She picked Celica up gently and ran out as quick as she could. "Hang on Celica, maybe Auburn could fix up a healing potion or something..." Mina mumbled to herself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users