You are now the President of the United States of America.

Resident Fascist

What are your policies? What do you aim to achieve in your first term and hopefully second term if you are re-elected?

Domestic Policy:

1. Kill politically correct College culture. Colleges and Universities are places of learning, not places of the National Oppression Olympics. At the same time, hope to replace it with a culture that rewards anyone for their work with equal amount of opportunity. 
  2. Protect the rights of Religious groups and not force them to violate their conscience. Examples being forcing Christians to serve Gays, etc. It should be up to the individual to refuse business, not the state's.
  3. Fund National Arts Colleges, Science Colleges and other institutions aimed at cultural and scientific advancement. 
  4. Get big business out of Congress and implement a term limit for Congressmen/women. Congress is for politicians, not businessmen. 
  5. Aid American Industry, American business and American domestic groups prior to importing from other nations. 
  6. Protect American borders while making legal immigration to the US easier for those who wish to become permanent citizens. 
  7. Consider integrating Puerto Rico as a State. 
  8. Legalise many currently illegal substances like Weed and other drugs with negligible health effects on the consumer. Fund a state program to provide these substances to those who desire them through pharmacies, allowing for side effects to be well documented and explained to anyone taking the drugs and that the state is ultimately not responsible for their actions.

Women's Rights:

1. Give women the right to a safe, state-subsidised abortion at any point during her pregnancy, after counselling and consent from the father (except in rape cases).
  2. Balance Child Support to be fair to both parents, and not just destructive to the father.
  3. In the case of a divorce, custody of the children goes to the parent who proves they can care better for the children. Women should not automatically get custody of the child in most cases.
  4. Provide safe birth control and tampons etc to women who are working in a full time job. Men should also have access to similar drugs. Fund development of male birth control.

Foreign Policy:

1. Intervention should be considered as a serious option for states that threaten the longevity of American allies, interests and others in their region. 
  2. Operate a zero tolerance policy for states found to be colluding or funding terrorism either on a national or global scale. Economic strangulation of the offender is considered before intervention, and in the case of intervention, the state should be occupied by American occupational forces until it is apparent that all traces of funding for terrorists has been stopped.
  3. Heavily promote trade between American allies globally, and attempt to bring more countries into America's circle of friends via economic and foreign policies.
  4. Support states that promote American and Western ideals, like Religious Freedoms, Democracy, Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Speech and Gay/Women's rights. At the same time, sanction and refuse to support states that reject these ideals, regardless of their benefits to the American economy and American interests.
  5. Position American military assets in a way to quickly be able to provide support to any of America's allies should they be attacked. 

"Give women the right to a safe, state-subsidised abortion at any point during her pregnancy, after counselling and consent from the father (except in rape cases)."

Is there any particular reason consent of the father would be necessary in non-rape cases? Is this a compromise measure to help this "pro-choice" policy gain support from the right?

"Give women the right to a safe, state-subsidised abortion at any point during her pregnancy, after counselling and consent from the father (except in rape cases)."

Is there any particular reason consent of the father would be necessary in non-rape cases? Is this a compromise measure to help this "pro-choice" policy gain support from the right?

The father put half of his genes into creating that fetus too. 

State funking Subsidized?

Jesus. H. Christ

Whether you agree with it or not, it's not the state's job to decide.

Well 99% of the genes between you and me are the same. I don't get any special right to greenlight you execution

Sure it does, State has a right to protect due process and against cruel and unusual punishment

The father being ok with it means all of jackshit

According to your moral compass. Not everyone shares the same outlook.

No, it's actually objective. Let me show you.

If a mother smothered a 1 month old infant, that needed her to survive, would it be murder? w/o due process and a cruel and unusual punishment

Y/N

murder
noun [ C or U ] UK ​ /ˈmɜː.dər/ US ​ /ˈmɝː.dɚ/
​
B1 the crime of intentionally killing a person:
Two sisters have been charged with (= officially accused of) murder.
There were three murders in the town last year.
The three were convicted of (= proved guilty of) murder.
a murder weapon (= a weapon used to commit a murder)
Compare
manslaughter
suicide

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/murder

A developing fetus is not what I would describe as a person. We don't class body parts as people, for example. It's hella semantic, but it doesn't feel like such a huge lapse in logic.

murder
noun [ C or U ] UK ​ /ˈmɜː.dər/ US ​ /ˈmɝː.dɚ/
​
B1 the crime of intentionally killing a person:
Two sisters have been charged with (= officially accused of) murder.
There were three murders in the town last year.
The three were convicted of (= proved guilty of) murder.
a murder weapon (= a weapon used to commit a murder)
Compare
manslaughter
suicide

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/murder

It's a Y/N question, give a straight answer instead of being cheeky with legal definitions

No, it's actually objective. Let me show you.

If a mother smothered a 1 month old infant, that needed her to survive, would it be murder? w/o due process and a cruel and unusual punishment

Y/N

You.... completely missed the point. My statement was in regard to your stance on abortion, not the definition of murder. Some people don't consider them one and the same. You should acknowledge that viewpoint, was my point.

Also lets try and stay civil and on topic. I don't wanna see dad show up.

It's a Y/N question, give a straight answer instead of being cheeky with legal definitions

Except it's a weighted question. The logical answer would be yes, that is murder. To which you will then reply that a developing fetus is a person, therefore abortion = murder. You know the answer before you've even asked the question. For reference, I'm personally against the concept of abortion, but I'm not so boneheaded to think that my opinion applies to everyone. 

You.... completely missed the point. My statement was in regard to your stance on abortion, not the definition of murder. Some people don't consider them one and the same. You should acknowledge that viewpoint, was my point.

Too late.  Soon as this turns into the abortion topic, it's getting locked.  Do not let this thread devolve into a shouting match.

Except it's a weighted question. The logical answer would be yes, that is murder. To which you will then reply that a developing fetus is a person, therefore abortion = murder. You know the answer before you've even asked the question. For reference, I'm personally against the concept of abortion, but I'm not so boneheaded to think that my opinion applies to everyone. 

It's not loaded in that way, logical answer is yes

Now, tell me the difference between a 23 month old fetus, and a 1 month old infant (25 month old fetus)

There have been numerous cases where the former has been born early, and the latter born late

If the execution of the latter is murder, the former should be considered execution w/o due process too correct?

For the record, I wouldn't actually say all fetuses are people, just humor me here

As much funding poured into ASI development as can be spared without compromising vital infrastructural institutions. Probably most of this will be indirect spending, put into education (colleges more than elementary-high schools) but still with the long-term goal of fostering not only a sentient machine, but a world that is (somewhat) willing and able to support it.

As part of that, heavy push for mass, black-box surveillance. 

Cutbacks in military, foreign aid, and elected officials' paychecks. Not total elimination, maybe not even substantial defunding, but serious revisiting of these budgets to help pay for the above.

Most domestic policies would be somewhat laissez faire. The less things we prohibit that don't affect our ability to govern and to progress, the more smoothly everything will function.

Anything else I'd need to be specifically asked about and would need to research case-by-case.

It's not loaded in that way, logical answer is yes

Now, tell me the difference between a 23 month old fetus, and a 1 month old infant (25 month old fetus)

There have been numerous cases where the former has been born early, and the latter born late

If the execution of the latter is murder, the former should be considered execution w/o due process too correct?

For the record, I wouldn't actually say all fetuses are people, just humor me here

You did see Dad's post, yes? It didn't take you 16 minutes to type that blubber, right?

Gonna steal some from you shard

Domestic Policy:

Kill politically correct College culture. Colleges and Universities are places of learning, not places of the National Oppression Olympics. At the same time, hope to replace it with a culture that rewards anyone for their work with equal amount of opportunity. 

Protect the rights of Religious groups and not force them to violate their conscience. Examples being forcing Christians to serve Gays, etc. It should be up to the individual to refuse business, not the state's.

Fund Science Colleges and other institutions aimed at and scientific advancement. 

Get big business out of Congress and implement a term limit for Congressmen/women. Congress is for politicians, not businessmen. 

Aid American Industry, American business and American domestic groups prior to importing from other nations. Institute a border adjustment tax

Protect American borders and lower immigration quota. American college graduates should be given the first slice of the pie over foreign imports immigrants 

Consider integrating Puerto Rico as a State

Calculate Electoral votes based on Citizens in a state, pass national voter id laws and re-evaluate vote rolls on a bi-annual basis

Legalise many currently illegal substances like Weed and other drugs with negligible health effects on the consumer. Fund a state program to provide these substances to those who desire them through pharmacies, allowing for side effects to be well documented and explained to anyone taking the drugs and that the state is ultimately not responsible for their actions. Tax said legalized drugs to generate a rehab agency

De-privatize prisons, focus more on re-habilitation over punishment. Ideal should be to integrate as many felons back into society as possible, goal is to make ideal feasible and safe

Social Issues:

Abortions are illegal after a heath beat is detected. Mothers with provable financial burdens can apply for federal assistance, in which case the federal government will pay the costs of childbearing. Exception being mother's life is in danger. 

Balance Child Support to be fair to both parents, and not just destructive to the father.

In the case of a divorce, custody of the children goes to the parent who proves they can care better for the children. Women should not automatically get custody of the child in most cases.

Provide safe birth control and tampons etc to women who are working in a full time job. Men should also have access to similar drugs. Fund development of male birth control.

6 Weeks of maternity and paternity leave- it's important to encourage the native population of America to reproduce more

Government should raise children that are not wanted by the parents in FBI/CIA start up organizations. Clean out foster care system

Abolish death penalty

Legalize Same sex marriage nationwide

Foreign Policy:

Intervention should be considered as a serious option for states that threaten the longevity of American allies, interests and others in their region. 

Operate a zero tolerance policy for states found to be colluding or funding terrorism either on a national or global scale. Economic strangulation of the offender is considered before intervention, and in the case of intervention, the state should be occupied by American occupational forces until it is apparent that all traces of funding for terrorists has been stopped.

Heavily promote fair trade between American allies globally

Support states that promote American and Western ideals, like Religious Freedoms, Democracy, Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Speech and Gay. 

Position American military assets in a way to quickly be able to provide support to any of America's allies should they be attacked. 

Build the transcontinental magnetic rail

Gonna steal some from you shard

You did see Dad's post, yes? It didn't take you 16 minutes to type that blubber, right?

No, it did

That's not what I was trying to say, but given Dad is gonna play big brother and regulate this topic with threats, there's no pt discussing it further

That's not what I was trying to say, but given Dad is gonna play big brother and regulate this topic with threats, there's no pt discussing it further

Oh please.  Did you even read what I posted?  I said don't devolve it into a shouting match.  God, every time I turn around, when Winter can't have his way, he bursts into tears.  Jesus, just make the abortion topic and be mature about it.  Not that I expect you to.

Oh please.  Did you even read what I posted?  I said don't devolve it into a shouting match.  God, every time I turn around, when Winter can't have his way, he bursts into tears.  Jesus, just make the abortion topic and be mature about it.  Not that I expect you to.

You didn't want this to turn into an abortion topic, that's fair. Which is why I largely dropped it other than to tell the relevant parties that we could discuss it in a different spot. 

Too late.  Soon as this turns into the abortion topic, it's getting locked.  Do not let this thread devolve into a shouting match.

Is that really all you said?

This isn't about me getting my way, whatever that is. I thought your first post was pretty fair. But threatening a universal lock a post or so afterward seems more heavy handed and big brother'd than this topic required

Yeah.  That's all I said.  You just don't have any reading comprehension stored behind all that ego.

"Don't let it turn into the abortion topic."

What was the abortion topic?  A shouting match.  It wasn't even a debate.  It was a God damn spectacle for you all to make asses of yourselves.  So go make the topic if you want to and you think you can handle it.  Then drop the pissing games here, and move on.  Now I'm Big Brother.

Let's see.

Domestic

1. Protect borders from terrorist attacks (and also internal attacks).
    1. I will admit that this will involve a lot of manpower to deal with for the latter (and runs the chance of probing into people's daily lives, which I wish to keep at a minimum). Basically, try to find out what we can without being overly invasive of citizens who aren't going to plot against the country.
    2. I wouldn't necessarily put a travel ban, but if one does need to be implemented, it'll be carefully devised so that it doesn't hit innocent citizens. (This is the major issue with Trump's initial ban; the idea was good but execution was poor)
  2. Fix the education system and make college more affordable for students. (While I can thank my parents for financial support and won't have student debt to worry about, hopefully, I will admit that college is expensive as hell and tuition hikes certainly rub salt on financial wounds)
  3. Stand by our previous commitment to world sustainability and end global warming. Unless you want humanity to drown in the next century or so, we need to contribute to reducing carbon emissions (especially since we're one of the most industrialized nations in the world). 
  4. Reformat the tax system on a proportional scale, so people are taxed based on their income, also get rid of tax breaks for ultra-billionaires who do not invest in the American economy or contribute to sustainability.
    1. Trump and his cabinet will hate this because they lose their exemptions, but we have people in this country who can't afford to support their own families because taxes are too high on their low incomes.
  5. Build infrastructure (keep roads/bridges fixed, affordable housing to address homeless issues)
  6. Get jobs back into this country; Americans need work and sending jobs overseas to China is not helping. (There are other countries too, but mentioning China because we get more than half our stuff from them)
  7. Affordable health care that is less intrusive on providers. (Yeah, this partly amounts to Obamacare in a way, though it won't be forced on you)
  8. Separate big business from politics. If you're going to run a country, actually know what our situation is and have some experience in the areas you're being assigned to. Being the president is NOT the same as being a CEO of some company.
  9. Re-invest in space program if funding provides. 
  10. Address the Hawaiian sovereignty issue (this is something that probably only Icy or I will have any knowledge of). While probably at the bottom of list of things to do, it will be given an appropriate look and things can be worked out.
    1. Brief summary: Some still believe the 1893 overthrow of our last queen by white businessmen from the US was illegal, and that Hawai'i has been illegally occupied since then (including statehood). Ideas have been pitched to give them the right to form their own government within the state (similar to native Americans), but there is opposition to that idea. [To be fair, a lot of Hawaiians think it is a bad idea, and we do stand to lose a lot more than gain]
    2. If it hasn't already been said, I am not native Hawaiian, but I've lived here my entire life (and hear about it every so often).
  11. Rehaul the police system; make people have faith in law enforcement because we all know the recent events concerning them.
  12. Fix immigration system.

Social issues

1. Deal with racism, anti-religious and anti-LGBTQ+ sentiment. While it is near impossible to eradicate this and there will still exist people who believe their race / religious views / sexual orientation makes them superior to all, it will be made clear that this sort of behavior is not what we strive to have. 
  2. Child support / divorces split equally; right now, it does favor women for whatever reason. (Also intended to stop women from marrying men just for money, and dump him for another and obtain their previous husband's money)
  3. Women's rights; freedom to choose what to do with their body (abortions, birth control) with certain restrictions. Going off what Shard mentioned for men, same thing.
    1. As Dad and Zai have both reiterated in this topic, DO NOT turn this issue into a shitstorm.
  4. Deal with political correctness / censorship. There exists no such thing as a "safe space" in reality, and while you may not like certain things because they trigger you, people are not catering to your wants. 
  5. Lower voting age to 16-17[.5] (by this time, you should have a strong enough sense of what's going on in the world). Apparently you can be a precinct official at 16, but can't vote for 2 more years.
    1. Latter case addresses those with late birthdays after graduating high school (because it really does suck that you can't vote because your 18th birthday doesn't come until a week or two after the election); was me in 2012 (I would've voted but 10 days too young). 
    2. Then again, this probably would mean having to adjust the draft age thing too (drinking age would need to be considered, but likely will remain at 21). 
  6. Eliminate capital punishment (or reserve it only to the worst offenders), although cost is an issue too.
    1. Then again, the issue of elderly inmates exist, so we'd have to look into that also.

International/Foreign issues

1. Deal with countries / entities that prove to be a threat to our country or allies.
    1. Right now, that would be dealing with ISIL / North Korea; primarily the former right now. 
  2. Keep military funded to deal with such threats and offer assistance to allies when needed.
  3. Trade deals with allies and countries that can offer a symbiotic relationship, assuming they do not violate basic human rights.
    1. Make sure they keep up their end of the deal.
  4. Make sure other nations do not meddle in our elections.
    1. Better bring this up while we're still on about Russia interfering with the 2016 one. 
  5. Stay in NATO (we need all the allies we can get)

=====

There's a lot of my plate here and likely missed a lot of key issues, but as a whole, my policies would be to stabilize the country, keep our borders safe, bring jobs back to American workers and actually make the country "united". Adding Puerto Rico as an actual state would be an idea, if the citizens there wish for it.

Oh boy here we go

1. A clean election amendment. No more private funding of any kind for any public office campaigns.

2. Complete legalization of all formerly illegal drugs, regardless of the effect on health, and clemency of all those placed in prison for nonviolent drug offenses. Tax+Public rehab clinics etc etc

3. A public option leading up to universal healthcare.

4. Full student loan debt relief and free college for scientific fields.

5. Abolish the death penalty and private prisons.

6. LGBT rights etc etc you know the drill

7. Seize the means of production and establish a socialist utopia

8. Pull out of all ongoing military conflicts.

9. Raise taxes on the wealthy back to pre-Reagan rates.

10. Massive infrastructure spending on the level of the New Deal if not greater to create jobs etc etc buzzwords

11. Paid sick, maternity, and vacation leave.

These are the big ones.

Social/healthcare Issues:

1) Outlaw abortions with the exception of rape, mother's life in danger, or the child being born with a terminal illness or defect. [if I had to compromise, i'd ban it after 4 months.]

2) Have the government cease its funding on Planned Parenthood.

3) Allow churches and/or counties to refuse same-sex couples ceremonies/marriages.

4) Allow a business to be able to deny service to a customer if the request conflicts with the owner’s religious beliefs.

5) Regulate same sex couples' ability to adopt.

6) I would not allow "gender identity" to be added to anti-discrimination laws.

7) Have the death penalty be used more restrictively.

8) Require health insurance providers to offer free birth control, except for religious organizations and charities who wish to opt out (until a more permanent solution is sought).

9) Prevent universities from being obligated to provide “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” for students

10) Repeal the ACA, and will not offer replacements. [states are free to have their own healthcare systems]

10) Federal ban on Marijuana with the exception of medical purposes [And extensively regulated at that]

Economic Issues:

1) Privatize social security and unemployment insurance into several firms that can compete with each other and offer an opportunity for entrepreneurs to start their own. [With regulations]

2) Maintain the federal minimum wage.

3) Make cuts to public and military spending.

4) Maintain current income tax rates.

5) Ban labor unions' ability to make political donations.

6) Maintain the US' participation in NAFTA

7) On the fence regarding the TPP issue

8) Regulate the prices of life saving drugs.

Domestic policy issues:

1) Have firearm regulations to a federal level, with Universal Background checks, but no "assault weapon" ban.

2) Stop supporting affirmative action programs, but allow private organizations to fund them.

3) Reduce sentences for non violent minor drug offenses, help states fund special task forces for assistance in cracking down on drug trafficking.

4) Put Broken window policing to an end.

5) Allow states to decide if they want their lawmakers to have term limits.

6) Repeal the Patriot Act

7) Enact Voter ID laws, make sure disadvantaged voters are not suppressed by this.

8) Prevent Corporations from making political donations

9)Prevent foreign lobbyists from raising money for American elections.

10) Reform the electoral college to make sure votes are distributed proportionally, instead of the winner take all system.

11) require presidential candidates to release their tax returns

Foreign policy issues:

1) Give terrorism suspects constitutional rights.

2) Stop refugees from Syria from entering the U.S. [Have the US and EU fund a compound for them in an area in Africa or the Mid. East that is deemed safe]

3) Scale back support for Israel

4) Prevent the military from using enhanced interrogation techniques.

5) Scale back involvement in the UN

6) Use drones only to gather intelligence

7) Decrease overall foreign aid spending

8) Remain in NATO [A necessary "evil" in my eyes]

9) Stop NSA surveillance of allies.

Declare every state a province of Canada.

Abolish the military except for the nukes so any would-be invaders don't get any funny ideas. The soldiers would then have to get real jobs. 

I'd 9/11 Wall Street and blame it on Swiss terrorists. 

I'd nuke Switzerland - no more Swiss bank accounts and now everyone takes my nuke threats seriously. 

China would be threatened with nukes and asked to support South Korea in an overthrow of the North. 

I'd make Israel Palestine again. By threatening Israel with nukes.

I'd threaten the Philippines with nukes and ship in lots of weed.

I'd print a lot of money and get people to do what I want by threatening them with nukes or giving them printed money. 

I'd ban Coca-Cola, Pepsi, ice cream, and make-up. 

I'd give starving people food by using some of the money I printed to set-up shelters in the United Provinces of Canada and around the world in places like Africa and India. Embassies would become feeding stations of sorts.

Archived