Temple of Myth [Signups/OoC/Started]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Jonathan Gwallter]

Member Name: JellisOP

Character Name: Johnathan Gwallter

Appearance: He wears 2 outfits. He has his daily training outfit, consisting of a chain mail tunic under a leather tunic(dyed blue), silk leggings(also dyed blue) with sandals. He also has his formal wear, consisting of a short sleeved silk robe(dyed blue ), dark blue silk leggings, and slightly pointed black shoes.

He is, for being a heir to a huge family, surprisingly modest, speaking in kindness. His face is a representation of that. He has a simple nose and mouth shape, but his earlobe is slightly torn from the ear, from being beaten as a child. His eyes are hazel, and his hair is crazy, always not wanting to settle. During formal times, he combs his hair, but by the end of the event it is back to being messy.

Species: Human

Birthday: July 16

Magical Mastery: Pentex wind, Seszen fire.

National Origin: Wales

Personality: He is kind and sweet, but with a Nasty temper. He would go out of his way to help someone he just met. He has met many different species, and doesn't trust were-wolves or Feli or shape shifters in general. He finds them untruthful for not being who they truly are. Anima, on the other hand, he can accept them eventually. The one creature he despises to his core is Eorides, and you can see why below. In an Eorides's presence, his reaction could range from a spasm, the desire to kill them, or falling unconscious. He will treat none of the above except anima terrible, and the others he will treat like he treats other humans.

Bio: He was a born into a wealthy, influential family and became the heir. He was, at a young age, way too modest in Gwallter's(his father) opinion, and was beaten often for that reason. He was always happy until his uncle came to visit. He had become an Eorides, so he had sparked anger within him. The uncle had hurt Johnathan mentally, but that was when his magic was beginning to stir. It affected how he used magic. So, at 10, he was sent up to the island in the sky, using his fathers wind magic (Romagna-Level) and has lived there ever since.

Miscellaneous Info: Is fluent in many Europian languages, including English and Wales, to name a few.

Owns and uses a staff made from enchanted Sarenji wood. It is immune to fire, and can't be destroyed. It forms a loop near the top, and in the center is Sarenji wood carving of the symbol of wind. It was designed and enchanted by a dark illusionist in debt of his father.

[spoiler=Jonathan Ellis]

Member Name: JellisOP

Character Name: Johnathan Ellis

Appearance: He wears 2 outfits. He has his daily training outfit, consisting of a chain mail tunic under a leather tunic(dyed blue), silk leggings(also dyed blue) with sandals. He also has his formal wear, consisting of a short sleeved silk robe(dyed blue with the Ellis Crest on the back), dark blue silk leggings, and slightly pointed black shoes.

He is, for being a heir to a huge family, surprisingly modest, speaking in kindness. His face is a representation of that. He has a simple nose and mouth shape, but his earlobe is slightly torn from the ear, from being beaten as a child. His eyes are hazel, and his hair is crazy, always not wanting to settle. During formal times, he combs his hair, but by the end of the event it is back to being messy.

Species: Human

Birthday: July 16

Magical Mastery: Pentex wind, Seszen fire, uri everything else.

National Origin: Wales

Personality: He is kind and sweet, but with a Nasty temper. He would go out of his way to help someone he just met.

Bio: He was born into the Ellis family, and as such, he was imprinted on his arm with the Ellis family crest. He was always happy until his uncle came to visit. He had become an Eorides, so he had sparked anger within him. The uncle had hurt Johnathan mentally, but that was when his magic was beginning to stir. It affected how he used magic. So, at 10, he was sent up to the island in the sky, using his fathers wind magic (Romagna-Level) and has lived there ever since.

Miscellaneous Info: Is fluent in many Europian languages, including English and Wales, to name a few.

In the early 16th century the Welsh would have used the name of the baby's father as a surname. This meant that would have been no "Ellis family". It was only with the spread of Protestantism that the Welsh began to adopt the English custom of having a set family surname. I suggest you read this resource http://heraldry.sca.org/names/welsh16.html which was very helpful to me while designing the name for my character.

Also, you say "uri everything else", and I'm just checking that you didn't mean earth, right?

In the early 16th century the Welsh would have used the name of the baby's father as a surname. This meant that would have been no "Ellis family". It was only with the spread of Protestantism that the Welsh began to adopt the English custom of having a set family surname. I suggest you read this resource http://heraldry.sca.org/names/welsh16.html which was very helpful to me while designing the name for my character.

Also, you say "uri everything else", and I'm just checking that you didn't mean earth, right?

Yes in fact I did, but check improved post above. Thanks :)

It's actually surprising how little Earth and Dark magic are being represented here . . .

It's not my rule, it's the forum's, but you need ~100 words for Personality. Please change that so I don't get in trouble. Thanks in advance.

sheet! I only wrote 50 words. dammit now I need to bulk out a personality that was mostly going to be a copy of my own. This is like being back at school all over again :P

I'll do that tomorrow though since I have to go to bed soonish in order to get up for a Yugioh event

[spoiler=Personality part 2]Angharad tends to procrastinate on tasks that do not immediately interest her. She is openly selfish and lazy, taking advantage of others when they offer to help her, and telling them that she is doing so. Sometimes she feels bad for this, but always manages to blame it on others.

Because a bird using earth magic is ironic. 

Also, are Garude's wings a replacement for their arms or are they on the back?

[spoiler=Head in the sand... Literally]
Member Name: Aez (bird w/ sprinkler]

Character Name: Akukho Ezindizayo ((litteraly translates as "No Flying"))
Age: 12 ((Average lifespan for an ostrich is 45 at most, so they're basically like a 20-year-old))

Appearance:

Standing at a towering height of 6'7" (A little over 2m), Akukho is an abnormality among Garudes. His black plumage tipped with white is rather stubbly, his wingspan extending only about half his arm length. They are still capable of covering a large amount of his back, though. His hair color matches his feathers, extending down to about his ears. His grey-green eyes seem to bug out a bit, but then again so does his hooked nose.He lacks any facial or body hair besides eyebrows, eyelashes, and that of his head. 

He normally keeps his leathery, chocolate-colored skin wrapped up in loose-fitting harem shorts and a short leather mantle. He runs around barefoot, which tends to disturb people considering he only has 2 toes. His legs are quite muscular, at least compared to his scrawny arms. His hands are large and spindly, and if they had feathers they would probably make more suitable wings than what he has now.. 

Species: Garude, Ostrich Subspecies.
Alternative Forms: While not official, Akukho is very good at mimicking an actual ostrich (for obvious reasons)
Birthday: April 1st

Magical Mastery: Pentex Earth, Raga Fire
National Origin: Zulu

[spoiler=Personality:]

Despite being born earth-aligned, Akukho is an air-head. He's brash, he's forgetful, and he's not afraid to shout out the wrong answer. Despite this, though, he's fairly intelligent, especially by Garude standards.

He's fairly sociable, too. Whenever he sits next to someone he doesn't know in class, he makes an effort to try and get to know them. He'll usually talk about whatever the teacher is talking about, then veer off onto something completely irrelevant. But because he does this with such charisma, people can't help but like him. 

Bio:

Akukho was a surprise to everyone.

Both his mother and his father were capable of flight and had an affinity for Wind magic. But when Akukho hatched, his wings were tiny, his legs rather large, and he had just missed the date to be wind-compatible. Because neither of his parents could use Earth magic, they weren't sure how to care for their new son. So, they did the most sensible thing they could think of: Shipped him off to a magic school in Mali under the guise of him being human. Because his wings were so small, it was easy to hide them. He never removed his shirt, even in the bath, just to be safe. 

Eventually, he got good enough at his earth magic to make pillars. Really, really big pillars. Pillars so big that he was able to make one high enough that he could make it to The Isle of the Sky when he saw it passing by. He had heard stories about the floating school where the best mages were trained, and he wanted to be a part of it. 

And after filling out the mind-numbing paperwork and demonstrating his magic skills, he was. 

Miscellaneous Info:

Likes to (try and) sit in on wind magic classes, even though he's incapable of using it.

Speaks Zulu fluently, and knows enough Arabic to get by in Mali.

Oops I put up a wip. 

Tell me, oh mighty DM Draco, are there technicalities that could make it so that even though one cannot learn a certain type of magic, but could still make the effect happen, be technically classified as having mastery in that magic level?

Well, given that it's generally confined to Europe IRL at this point in history, such it is here- people from European countries will naturally see April 1st as April Fool's Day, and pull pranks; however, foreigners are unlikely to understand the situation.

In the Isle in the Sky, it's generally considered to be a bit of a faux pas to pull pranks on anyone but your close friends for this very reason.

However, that all said, it's unlikely to come up. The "start date" for the RP (in-universe) is September 8th.

Archived