Temple of Myth [Signups/OoC/Started]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question that you can feel free to not answer: Do you have a plot in mind or are we just gonna fend for ourselves in terms of story elements?

The plot is clearly that the Trifles are aliens and the Temple of Myth is that place from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We will end up infiltrating their muthaship and piloting it back across their empire, liberating thousands of enslaved planets before finally sieging their homeworld with our new alien allies. Eventually, we just starve the Trifles' planet of sunlight, killing almost all of its life. We send down an exploratory crew and discover, amongst other things, an exact copy of Earth's Temple of Myth. What a mystery! And I haven't been able to work out any more of the plot after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like to think that I am, but we've been waiting on Aez for a month. If there's still interest, I'd love to continue . . . otherwise we can likely assume Temple of Myth dead.

I am still intereted, I swear. School has been busy af tho

I'll get to it, believe you me, but it's been bumped down my list of priorities. If KuriGod or whoever wants to join, I give Speednoid permission to quickly screen their app before I give final confirmation, but I'm busy doing cardmaking things for the moment. Good constructive criticism on the Hell Stinger thread in Advanced Multiples might speed me along (because I won't have to do as much of the work myself), but my ToM post should be done ~Friday.

Sorry to double post (not really sorry), but I just wanted to clarify how fast the RP is going with regards to my "timeskip". Is it one round of posts per day? And what's the current day/date, since I'm not really keeping track of things? I didn't mean to mess up anything, I just didn't realise that the events of each round were concurrent. In the meantime, could it perhaps be regarded as a "flash forward" (reverse of a flashback), or perhaps nonlinear storytelling? I'll try not to do it again. :/

Archived