Hess, Master of Light

Atypical-Abbie

A generic LIGHT support Link Monster, I wanted to make it so you could use it in practically any LIGHT Deck, allowing up to 3 Extra Deck Summons and also some stunning abilities.

fHJHexr.png

2 or more LIGHT monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster from your hand to this card’s Linked Zone. Once per turn, when your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can destroy monsters in this card’s Linked Zone equal to the number of monsters your opponent Special Summoned, and if you do, destroy those monsters, then if any of the monsters destroyed by this card’s effect were LIGHT on the field, draw 1 card.

Feels too strong to be fair, IMO. Solid ATK, easily accessible by LIGHTs, 3 markers on your side, and the removal effect may not be as flexible as Master Peace or Drancia, but is still punishing as an effect that more often than not will end up as a plus since you will be playing LIGHTs, while disrupting the opponent's board-establishing plays. Heck, you could even reserve the card destruction for his/her Extra Deck Summon, including Link Summon of course, potentially stopping cold any summoning follow-ups he/she had available.

You could compensate the effect with less ATK and less convenient markers.

Feels too strong to be fair, IMO. Solid ATK, easily accessible by LIGHTs, 3 markers on your side, and the removal effect may not be as flexible as Master Peace or Drancia, but is still punishing as an effect that more often than not will end up as a plus since you will be playing LIGHTs, while disrupting the opponent's board-establishing plays. Heck, you could even reserve the card destruction for his/her Extra Deck Summon, including Link Summon of course, potentially stopping cold any summoning follow-ups he/she had available.

You could compensate the effect with less ATK and less convenient markers.

I can see how the ATK may be quite a lot, though I still feel that a LINK-3 should have around 2500, and as for the markers, I want them to stay that way, as that will make multiple monsters they Summon able to be destroyed, which is why its markers are like that.

I can see how the ATK may be quite a lot, though I still feel that a LINK-3 should have around 2500, and as for the markers, I want them to stay that way, as that will make multiple monsters they Summon able to be destroyed, which is why its markers are like that.

You have to consider that it may be more economic/advantageous for the player to use 1 or 2 of the Link Zones to follow up with Extra Deck Summon, and keep the other one for "fodder" for the destruction effect, which doesn't feel exactly fair. If it had less markers on your side, then you would have to choose between following up the Extra Deck Summons, or maintaining fodder, and thus acting as a balancing factor for the +1 removal effect.

Sure, you could reserve the Zones for destroying multiple monsters but... more often than not, when the opponent summons in multiples, they will be Pendululms, which would simply go into the Extra Deck so... yeah, better reserve the pop for major threats or plays, like Link/Synchro/Xyz/Fusion Summons.

Archived