[COTD] Supreme King Servant Dragon Starving Venom

Rather than Dragon's Mirror, with Pendulums now more likely trapped in the Extra Deck without enough Linked Zones to come out to, it would be interesting trying it with Odd-Eyes Fusion. In fact, if your Extra Deck is ever loose enough you can just pack 2 Odd-Eyes Rebellions just to toss away for the surprise factor or something like that.

The servants seem not likely to have as much hate towards each of their respective Summoning method as in the anime.

Rather than Dragon's Mirror, with Pendulums now more likely trapped in the Extra Deck without enough Linked Zones to come out to, it would be interesting trying it with Odd-Eyes Fusion. In fact, if your Extra Deck is ever loose enough you can just pack 2 Odd-Eyes Rebellions just to toss away for the surprise factor or something like that.

The servants seem not likely to have as much hate towards each of their respective Summoning method as in the anime.

Well, the idea with Dragon's Mirror is to use DARK Pendulums used as material for Xyzs. Plus Odd-Eyes Fusion has that mildly situational condition.

Not a Pendulum.

Rebellion and Raging are though.

Yeah, edited my previous post. Got mixed up my ideas with the Odd-Eyes Ritual.

Still, without spending your Extra Deck space on those Xyz Pendulums, unlike Dragon's Mirror, the card wouldn't be as splashable due to the requirement of Odd-Eyes DARK Pendulums stored in the Extra Deck; it would only be practical in Odd-Eyes decks, or Sky Iris engines more heavy on Odd-Eyes dragons; good thing Persona and Mirage have decent scales, plus there is Odd-Eyes Pendulum for the slow search.

If only the Mirror had "Fusion" in its name for it to be searchable by Gate Zero.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the thread is a bit old, but bringing it up because I realized the card is close to an OTK by copying... guess who? Independent Nightingale xD

It becomes a 6800-ATK behemoth that burns for 4000 damage, is unaffected by other effects AND all your monsters gain piercing. Few decks can survive that. Then add the 500 LP burn from Nightingale herself. The effect nor Summon of Starving Venom isn't hard OPT either, so with lucky plays or enough resources you can even Summon 2 in the same turn, or bring another one if the Summon or effect of the previous one was stopped.

inb4 users bring up possible consistency issues, keep in mind that one can simply tech Instant Fusion in decks with plenty of DARK Pendulums, namely Zarc Magicians, and the Spell has utility in TCG because of Norden. Plus, add to it that the Supreme King Gates can search for Instant Fusion, or just give a try to the Predaplant engine, which then can turn into Mechquipped Angineer to protect a Starving Venom.

One thing I overlooked when using this vs using Links, is that you can Tribute face-downs for this unlike with Link Summoning. Y'know, in case Quacking/Ultimate Conductor are popular.

EDIT: I know people are going to misinterpret what I said, so I'll just clarify. I know Ultimate Conductor isn't permanent like Quacking or Floodgate are, but stealing Ultimate Conductor's effects is super nice.

Well, you first highlighted the application of Tributing Set monsters, then I wondered on how relevant it would actually be.

I was thinking that it would be amusing to copy other monsters with strong or nuking effects, like Norleras, Emperor Dragon or Gandoras. You don't even need to be able to Summon them, just mill them or something and then copy. In fact, copying Gandora Giga Rays would give you access to the 2nd effect, banishing all other cards on the field; that would be such a sweet play.

Or be pro and mill Neo Daedalus and tech Umis :v

Using Startime to mill Spellcasters, now that's a fun idea.

Looked at the list of maindeck Spellcasters but couldn't find anything that is both noteworthy and splashable enough. Maybe Silent Magician for the ATK boost and Spell negation? Or Sage of Silence and inflict damage to lock the opponent from using Spells?

There are a bunch of floodgate-ish effects, like Jowgen, but since the copy effect only lasts for your turn, they are not as strong.

Unicore

Umm... infinite loop much??

Damn I have to see the rulings on this. I assume that they are similar to Pole Position.

Oh, and effects that set the opponent's monsters are still going to be relevant since you can't use face-down monsters for Link Summoning. You just have to be a bit more careful when to use the effect, is all. That's assuming that tokens don't become overwhelmingly dominant ofc.

I believe targeting Unicore would be an illegal move.

Speaking of Rituals, copying Relinquished would be funny, too. I assume the equipped monster will remain equipped even after the copy effect ends?

About the relevance of Set effects, you may be better off with playing Time-Space Trap Hole and regular/Storming Mirror Force before Floodgate TH and Quaking, respectively. And tokens ought to have an important role in the Link era.

Yeah, that should be the case.

Now I'm wondering how it would interact with the "(You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect)" clause on the equip effect. I mean, since copying Relinquished's effect a second time basically "refreshes" it and should effectively be a different effect, wouldn't it allow Starving Venom to equip another monster while it already has one equipped? IDK.

Archived